Anyone catch the Collinsworth bit about Dak saying he was never coached like this?

kskboys

Reaction score
AJ Brown was beyond PISSED during Sunday’s game vs. the Cowboys. “Offense is very predictable. Look at our pass routes compared to the Cowboys pass routes, our pass routes take too long to develop. Jalen needs to study what Dak is doing over there man. Getting sick of it”

Wow! Just last year, Cowboys fans had the same opinions of Dak and the Cowboys offense. :eek:
It's like, these NFL OC's don't think they're doing their job if they're not going downfield prolifically.

If I was the HC, I'd let the OC know beforehand that they first time he calls a 40 yard pass play on 4th down that he's fired. Hades, I'd have it written into his contract!!!!

Ken

Reaction score
no i'd say they're more brought him in to win and going on 3 12 win season in row and three straight playoff appearances. done..best since the mid 90s ... yup hes done just that.. next wrong perspective and busted narrative
lol

Why so hostile about this? I have said this very same thing since we brought him on. It was MONUMENTALY DUMB to bring in McCarthy and not let him install his offense and call the plays. We can see the difference now. Maybe that first year we struggle a bit offensively, Dak got hurt anyway.

We may have had different playoff results...actually, i know we beat SF last year in that same situation.

So whatever....ya...you are right...McCarthy decided for him to be a walk-around coach that he clearly hated...lol

RonnieT24

Reaction score
lol

Why so hostile about this? I have said this very same thing since we brought him on. It was MONUMENTALY DUMB to bring in McCarthy and not let him install his offense and call the plays. We can see the difference now. Maybe that first year we struggle a bit offensively, Dak got hurt anyway.

We may have had different playoff results...actually, i know we beat SF last year in that same situation.

So whatever....ya...you are right...McCarthy decided for him to be a walk-around coach that he clearly hated...lol
I was totally on board with McCarthy not overhauling the offense his first year or two I in Dallas because doing so would have set Dak and the offense back a ton. I think he tried to instill more of his concepts last year and Kellen Moore either flat out refused or just acted like he was doing it and kept going with his own crap which is why he's in L.A. now .McCarthy was also smart not to completely scrap the playbook even this year. They have all said it was a bout 30% new stuff which means that they retained most of the old stuff while adding some of this good new stuff. This has made the offense a ton less predictable because they are literally calling from two playbooks. If they execute properly the defense has zero chance of stopping them.

Lodeus

Reaction score
I hope Mikes offense is the difference maker this year. It's probably this best coaching staff we've had since the Parcells years. All the Phillips/Garrett leftovers are gone.