Anyone catch the Collinsworth bit about Dak saying he was never coached like this?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Did you catch the comment from Collinsworth about his talk with Dak and how the lightbulb just went on? Am I interpreting this wrong? Is he just not used to West Coast Offenses? Took Romo about the same amount of time to just "get it" too. Dak made it sound like no coach until Big Mac took over the offense had ever shown him the right way to play QB and have a quick read and release? Wonder how many careers we killed with Jerry's hand-picked offensive coordinators Garrett & Kellen? LOL
Yes. However you have to be able to read a defense and trust your receivers to be able to throw the ball in rhythm off your drop back.

It is similar to synchronized swimming. Everyone has to be at the right place at the right time.

I was always amazed how Troy would throw the ball to Michael before he would even cut. That takes a lot of trust and practice outside of practice.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Did you catch the comment from Collinsworth about his talk with Dak and how the lightbulb just went on? Am I interpreting this wrong? Is he just not used to West Coast Offenses? Took Romo about the same amount of time to just "get it" too. Dak made it sound like no coach until Big Mac took over the offense had ever shown him the right way to play QB and have a quick read and release? Wonder how many careers we killed with Jerry's hand-picked offensive coordinators Garrett & Kellen? LOL
Horse teeth is one of the biggest Dallas haters on any network. Notice how he had the replay truck show the Smith hold and flag pickup 5 plays after it occurred. But never showed replays of holds on Parsons and there were numerous ones. And this clown also made excuses for the beagles as soon as it looked like they were going to tank. Did you also see the delight in Toricos voice when they called holding penalties against Dallas. Both Dallas haters.

Zman5

Reaction score
Dak's going to just get better and better as he spends more time in MM's system. I believe his best years are ahead of him barring any major injuries.
Rich Gannon said MM was the one who unlocked his full potential. Gannon was a late bloomer also. He won the MVP award when he was 37.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Dak's going to just get better and better as he spends more time in MM's system. I believe his best years are ahead of him barring any major injuries.
Rich Gannon said MM was the one who unlocked his full potential. Gannon was a late bloomer also. He won the MVP award when he was 37.
Good point. Didn't even think about Gannon.

Chasing6

Reaction score
QB's get better over time, because they learn how to read a defense. When they are young they can dominate athletically, but they can't read a defense. By the time they can read a defense they are no longer good athletes.

There is usually a very small window between the two, then you have to be on the right team, that has a good D and a good OLine with weapons on offense.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It’s the scheme. Those successful in the Texas Coast Offense need to be able to read the defense quickly and either pass to the open WR or improvise. Daks great at both.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I definitely noticed when he said he was watching game film from other QB’s and asking himself “why aren’t they doing what we’re doing?”

Seems like a definite lightbulb moment.

It would appear that Dak might actually be “in the zone”.

I’m happy to ride it as long as it lasts.
And then jump ship at the first hint of an issue.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, Jason Garrett was a terrible football coach.
giphy.gif

plymkr

Reaction score
Yeah I did catch that. That’s very interesting. Garrett and Moore ways of dealing with Dak is very different that McCarthy’s. Since the bye Dak has been tearing it up. It makes me wonder if JG and KM did not know how to coach Dak effectively. Now Mike has got him playing well and with good footwork. There might be something to that. Since the bye Dak has thrown 24 TDs to 2 interceptions. That’s huge. And he’s 2nd in the league QBR.

So this is encouraging going forward that this may be the real Dak that is being unshackled by JG and KM’s offense and McCarthy is coaching him up. I’m cautiously optimistic this is the new normal for Dak.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Except Parcells sucked here as HC, and really didn't keep Romo in check.

Parcells did 3 things in Dallas:

1) discovered Romo and had the guts to name him starter.

2) Drafted Jason Witten and Ware

3) Quit
He took a Quincy Carter QB'd team that had stunk for three straight 5-11 seasons to a 10-6 playoff appearance. It was a coaching miracle.