Anyone catch the Collinsworth bit about Dak saying he was never coached like this?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He didn't know him beforehand. And I'm sure Zimm still interviewed and talked with him, just like Kellen did with Mac. Remember, a lot of Parcells team were either with Belichick or promoted up the tree. Parcells had to get word of mouth on Zimm, Payton, and others who didn't coach or play with him.
I get it. I just don’t think it was the same situation with MM in regard to staff hiring autonomy. BP was coming here to rescue the franchise from 3 straight 5-11 seasons. He had a HOF resume and all the leverage.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Uh....you are not telling me anything I don't know. I was saying this the entire time we had the number one offense bc I knew we had nothing for defense who could match our talent.

I knew boy wonder didn't know offense better than Dak did...they were peers.

Imagine if the Chiefs hired Andy Reid and didn't let him install his offense and call the plays?

That is how dumb it was.
Imagine fans had clue and used facts over fake narratives hmmmm

stop saying that they didn't let him.. MM kept Kellen Moore from his own personal choice..noone told him he couldn't call plays or fire him FACT stop making up chat that isn't true..MM verified he kept Moore for an easier transition. ironic or funny first 6 games no one said this now its thing lol

Dak been the constant on all these high end offense..

Ken

Reaction score

stop saying that they didn't let him.. MM kept Kellen Moore from his own personal choice..noone told him he couldn't call plays or fire him FACT stop making up chat that isn't true..MM verified he kept Moore for an easier transition. ironic or funny first 6 games no one said this now its thing lol

I'm sure this is what McCarthy wanted....lol Yeah, lets run this offense i don't agree with for continuity...lol

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm sure this is what McCarthy wanted....lol Yeah, lets run this offense i don't agree with for continuity...lol
yes, that is fact he asked KM to stay as KM had opportunity to go coach in college..facts,, he rolled with it until he decided it was time.. yes many #1 offenses just difference in philosophy on how to call plays..easy to understand when MM himself Said it.

odd we went 12-5 2 straight years with Moore and now maybe 12-13 wins again without. Look it is what it if. Keep up the hard work dismissing facts, how was that Nolan hire. you lie that lmao.

the payoffs will truly tell the tale on how these changes have made difference...

CWR

Reaction score
McCarthy knows how to coach QB’s.

Dak’s biggest weakness coming into the league and earlier in his career was that his footwork would get sloppy at times which led to inaccuracy.

McCarthy seems to have found a way to help get Dak’s footwork really consistent.
Nice post, yes he'd throw off that back foot and his mechanics would go to trash.

I'm sure MMs offensive scheme is helping him to release quickly and then coaching his to go 1,2, release or run is huge.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
This is simple.... the crap scheme we have been seeing for over 10 years is only good when the other team doesn't have players that can cover your players...THIS scheme attacks weakness in a defense wether its a player or a spot on the field..it runs routes DESIGNED to put those players/spots under stress and makes the defense adjust then attacks the adjustment....JG/KM scheme= "Dak we are sending 5 guys in curl routes find the one who gets open..."

Ken

Reaction score
yes, that is fact he asked KM to stay as KM had opportunity to go coach in college..facts,, he rolled with it until he decided it was time.. yes many #1 offenses just difference in philosophy on how to call plays..easy to understand when MM himself Said it.

odd we went 12-5 2 straight years with Moore and now maybe 12-13 wins again without. Look it is what it if. Keep up the hard work dismissing facts, how was that Nolan hire. you lie that lmao.

the payoffs will truly tell the tale on how these changes have made difference...
He also said he studied and is a huge believer in Analytics to JJ to get the job too. Then said he had to get the job when the media asked him about it.

This is a JJ error. Not a Mike McCarthy error. It wasn't his idea to get hired and neuter him off the bat, that was all JJ.

No one would ever say that Mike was a great game manager...yet that is what they brought him in for.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The value of good and experienced leadership. It doesn't just suddenly appear, but is developed through experience and good review.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak's footwork has been a problem and if you watch any tape review by Kurt Warner, Chase Daniels, JT Sullivan, etc...they all comment on Dak's "unconventional" and erratic footwork. Before you wet yourself, not all great QBs have had conventional footwork and even some SB winning QBs like Eli Manning were routinely criticized for throwing off his backfoot.

Dak's footwork has never been good or classic and it's why he has had - so far - streaky accuracy. It's no accident that with more disciplined footwork he's seeing more consistent accuracy.
I didn't say his footwork was good. I said it has improved. it used to be horrible a few years back, and was one of the reasons he took so many sacks, because he would hold the ball until WRs were open, wouldn't throw with anticipation, mostly because he wasn't accurate with the ball and mostly because of his bad footwork.

Kitna helped him a lot, it started to change his game a bit and he has improved since.

do your point, no one is perfect (except I think Aikman came close, he was a classic drop back passer, and its what helped him be so accurate)

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I think Jerry convinced himself that the team didn't need a top shelf coach to win it all. Barry Switzer is the reason.
Well , how did that work out ? smh
Those early 90s team were so stacked maybe any HC could have won a SB.
With the salary cap coaching matters !!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes, I cant figure out why Jerry was so enamored with him?
We squandered a couple of HOF careers, Jason, Ware.
Romo's as well.
This is Exhibit A, on why he should not be the GM.
Not enamored w/ him, enamored w/ his own ego which gets stroked if they guy he picks is good. Yes, it's a really dumb way to do things.

kskboys

Reaction score

The bolded makes your first sentence hilarious.

oldcorvetteguy

Reaction score
The bolded makes your first sentence hilarious.
Could it be that Mike saw the handwriting on the wall? One more year of failure would get him fired. And if he kept Moore another failed year he would get the ax. The Cowboys look like a great team now.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
MM has encouraged Dak to escape the pocket after a couple of reads if he’s willing. Garrett-Top & Kelmo didn’t want him to move.

GMO415

Reaction score
Did you catch the comment from Collinsworth about his talk with Dak and how the lightbulb just went on? Am I interpreting this wrong? Is he just not used to West Coast Offenses? Took Romo about the same amount of time to just "get it" too. Dak made it sound like no coach until Big Mac took over the offense had ever shown him the right way to play QB and have a quick read and release? Wonder how many careers we killed with Jerry's hand-picked offensive coordinators Garrett & Kellen? LOL
I'm not surprised. Jerry waisted lots of talent under 10 years with Jason Garrett. It's a shame.

Lots of Cowboys fans died over those 27 years, never seeing their beloved team winning another SB.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He also said he studied and is a huge believer in Analytics to JJ to get the job too. Then said he had to get the job when the media asked him about it.

This is a JJ error. Not a Mike McCarthy error. It wasn't his idea to get hired and neuter him off the bat, that was all JJ.

No one would ever say that Mike was a great game manager...yet that is what they brought him in for.
no i'd say they're more brought him in to win and going on 3 12 win season in row and three straight playoff appearances. done..best since the mid 90s ... yup hes done just that.. next wrong perspective and busted narrative

tyke1doe

Reaction score
AJ Brown was beyond PISSED during Sunday’s game vs. the Cowboys. “Offense is very predictable. Look at our pass routes compared to the Cowboys pass routes, our pass routes take too long to develop. Jalen needs to study what Dak is doing over there man. Getting sick of it”

Wow! Just last year, Cowboys fans had the same opinions of Dak and the Cowboys offense. :eek: