Anyone concerned on if Adrian Peterson gets the start?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
4.2 a carry last season with 7 TD and a run of 90 yards, 20 catches for a TD including a 58 yarder. If he is in uniform then yes is a concern.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get this to an extent but man it seems that when a run is fully expected the call would be to at least tone this down. We are opening the holes for the offense. Not learning from mistakes annoys me.

Theoretically there won't be holes if the LBs step in and fill them. The thought is to create an opportunity to disrupt the play in the backfield before it gets to the line of scrimmage, but if the RB is able to avoid the linemen the LBs are there ready to step in so there won't be an open running lane.

It all sounds good, but it has to be executed right. Seems we are a little lacking on the execution part.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Anyone concerned about AP getting the start this Sunday over an injured Guice? Or is this in our favor?
No, I hope he does start and gets over a hondo on us - maybe it’ll force us to make some changes up front if an old man can run wild on us.

Rayman70

Reaction score
more worried about Keenum. Other than Dak, hes the best QB we will face in the NFC EAST. Better than Wentz.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
more worried about Keenum. Other than Dak, hes the best QB we will face in the NFC EAST. Better than Wentz.

Keenum > Wentz??? That's hard for me to fathom.

And the Eagles have WAYYYY more talent catching the ball than the Skins, and a better o-line, so that alone makes Wentz and the Eagles much scarier.

Case Keenum on the Skins? They should be able to throttle that offense fairly easily. Load up on the run in early downs, and make the Skins passing game beat them...

T-RO

Reaction score
The Skins lineman seem to get fired up to play with Peterson. But he's nothing too special. If we lose it won't be Adrian that beats us.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Anyone concerned about AP getting the start this Sunday over an injured Guice? Or is this in our favor?

No concerns.
I love it that our young line will have stories to tell about playing against one of the best!
Hollah and brings me a dollah!

Johnny23

Reaction score
That stunting made us a top 5 rush defense last season
It is a misnomer with our run defense in recent years because teams pass at will against us in stretches. It is a mirage because the pass defense is average to porous at best but the team did improve last year but still had stretches all too familiar where we get lit up on 3rd down.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
It is a misnomer with our run defense in recent years because teams pass at will against us in stretches. It is a mirage because the pass defense is average to porous at best but the team did improve last year but still had stretches all too familiar where we get lit up on 3rd down.

Being top 5 in yards per carry allowed has nothing to do with poor pass defense.