Anyone else feel eerily confident?

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
The Panch;2464995 said:
The problem with this team has been overconfidence. It's that same overconfidence that brought them losses against inferior opponents. Im supposed to feel that same overconfidence on the road, not at full strength against a playoff team? No, thank you.

thats so you........positive as always..............cant wait till we win and you tell us we were lucky because of _ _ _ _...

why do yall put the Steelers on such a pedestal? every time theyve played a good team this season they lose......guess what we are a good team

The Panch

Reaction score
dadymat;2465129 said:
thats so you........positive as always..............cant wait till we win and you tell us we were lucky because of _ _ _ _...

why do yall put the Steelers on such a pedestal? every time theyve played a good team this season they lose......guess what we are a good team
I dont put the Steelers on a pedestal. They're only 3-3 against teams above .500 with 2 of those losses coming at home. Bottom line is, they dont look like softies against teams like the Cardinals. These Boys are overpriveleged Ivy league rich kids until proven otherwise.

Ren

Reaction score
I'm not that worried, pretty excited actually. I know they have the best D in the league this year but their offense doesn't match up well with our D at all, if they keep playing like they have for the past month or so. I have more faith in our O moving the ball on their D then i have in them moving the ball on us

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Yup I am pretty confident we are gonna stomp'em

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
One thing that the media has overlooked is the fact that the Cowboys have only given up 18 sacks this year and that Romo has only been sacked 9 times. An average of one sack per game that he has played. Sure, the Steelers have a great pass rush but this a strength vs. a strength.

On the other hand, we also have a great pass rush, second only to the Steelers, and they have given up 36 sacks this year. This is a strength vs. a glaring weakness.

So who, exactly, will feeling the heat in this game?

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
I'm alternating between confidence and a sick feeling in my throat. I guess it's because my emotions are mixed. I feel like the Cowboys can win this, but they've disappointed so much recently.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Monster Heel;2465202 said:
I'm alternating between confidence and a sick feeling in my throat. I guess it's because my emotions are mixed. I feel like the Cowboys can win this, but they've disappointed so much recently.

Recently, really? I've only been disappointed when BJ took over for Romo. That was a HUGE disappointment, other then that they've pretty much done their job...

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
Mansta54;2465205 said:
Recently, really? I've only been disappointed when BJ took over for Romo. That was a HUGE disappointment, other then that they've pretty much done their job...

Recently as in the last few years.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Monster Heel;2465206 said:
Recently as in the last few years.

Have faith dude, the Boyz are coming to play today with Romo leading the charge... We get the big W today!!!!!

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Just waiting for the game to finish. There is no doubt in my mind who will win. Throw out all the Pittsburgh stats, nearly broken records, and accolades. This game will set everyone straight.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
jterrell;2464948 said:
That pretty much sums up my thinking as well.

Pitt has an undeniably great defense but I just do not think they have the advantage over our offense that our defense does over theirs.

Pitt puts most offenses in positions where they get uncomfortable. They pressure the QB, they get long distance on 3rd down going, they cause turnovers. Frankly our offense is just as dangerous when it is 3rd and long and you are pass-rushing us. We have offensive turnovers weekly. We see bad situations and still have long drives that break defenses backs.

I just think the OL is healthier and Romo is healthier and we will be the best offense Pitt faces all season long. I think that's an easy bet because I think with a healthy Romo and reasonably healthy OL we are the best offense in the league.

I agree. Pitt's offense lives off of their defense's success. But if and when we gouge them Pitt's offense will collapse.

There aren't too many offenses that can strike as quick as ours save for a Brady powered cheatriots.

There will be a lot of crow eating come Monday and I can't wait for he back peddles and a crowded bandwagon. :)

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I feel confident before every game. Always feel like a win is there. Actually suprised when we lose.

I have said it before... I will say it again.

Sell out the run and the bring pressure often and hard.

We will give up a few big passing plays but our offense can match and exceed just about any teams scoring.

We can break Pitt's will EARLY.

Everson24

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2465113 said:
Like to see the positive energy in this thread but I'm just not feeling it like you guys.

I agree. I'm not feeling positive about this game at all. The Steelers are built for bad weather. Despite our big OL we are not. Ben has a much stronger arm and much bigger hands than Romo and that will help him throw the ball through the wind better. The Steelers also create many more turnovers on defense than we do and this type of weather makes turnovers more likely.

Our two biggest advantages were Barber's running style and Ware's ability to make them use double and triple teams on him. Barber is out and Ware may not play either.

I just dont see how so many people can be so confident going into a game like this.

lwehlers

Reaction score
i know some of you guys will think i am not a true fan. i think this team will get beat easliy today. my score 28-13 steelers. we will not be able run and our defense will get run over by the run i think. we will be so worried about putting pressure on steelers that we will forget how good the steelers running game is. parker is back and moore has really done a good job of running the ball. remember the giants and how they ran the ball on us. we will get to pass happy that tony will turn it over on a fumble and interception and those two turnovers will be the difference. tony is always good for one bad turnover a game. he has turned it over in eleven of his last twelve games and more then half of the those turnovers have been results for points for the other team. go ahead and flame away on me. i will be here and take my lumps if we win.

NYGIANTS=#1

Reaction score
as a giants fan we had the same feeling last year. us against the world, everybody counted us out. but we knew it was our year. same thing this year for the cowboys. playing desperation style football. them against the world. they will destroy the over rated steelers today. steelers might as well not even show up. dallas is a juggernaut right now and ony growing stronger by the week.

djmajestik

Reaction score
So I loved the Madden sim someone posted, so I broke out Madden '08 and to be honest, it really FELT like I was watching the actual game. We made stupid offensive penalties. They ran on us pretty well. They ran back a kick off and I think there starting field position was there 40.

And yet we won (although it was in OT). Romo drove the team down at the end of the game and tied it up with a pass to Witten. Then it was a throw to TO in the end zone in OT that won the game for us.

Honestly, I don't feel good about it, but it did make me feel a bit better :)

bobtheflob

Reaction score
I bet a friend who's a Steelers fan $20 on the winner of the game. I just love Romo and this offense in the underdog role.

EDIT: the bet is contingent on Ware playing.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
I actually wont be surprised at any outcome today. Anything from a blowout win or loss to a close win or loss. We have a ton of injuries though, and thats definitely going to be tough to overcome.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
no, not confident, but maybe we get a December suprise for once? Ahh, on second thought...