Anyone else hear Rappaport say we have an affinity for Lincoln Riley

HanD

Reaction score
I’m scared to hire a college guy but NFL coaches are going to him to learn more about his RPO philosophies.

I’m hoping for Sean Payton but I’ll take Lincoln Riley for sure at this point over Garrett.

We have to move on from that guy even if it’s for change sake.
Payton has a contract til 2020. Not sure how he would even get here

aria

Reaction score
Not just this fan base, reportedly 28 nfl teams have talked to him about his gimmick offense.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/24...oln-Riley-Kirk-Herbstreit-says-117547962/Amp/
Great, let the the other 28 teams get him. He hasn’t done a frigging thing.

HanD

Reaction score
Great, let the the other 28 teams get him. He hasn’t done a frigging thing.

You could be right. I like what i see so far but hes young. Only 35 and done a decent amount in that time. Hire a good dc and let him go at it. What i like is creativity and adapting to his personnel. Out of curiosity, who are your top candidates? At this point i just want jg gone.

Shaw, petersen and others would thrill me too.

DFWJC

Reaction score
It was on NFLN about a half hour ago. Was surprised I didn’t see it posted. He said of course this doesn’t happen if Garrett’s around but said he heard that Jones’s like what he did with Baker Mayfield. This season was worth it if it ends with Lincoln Riley
Not a gimme these days to give up a top college HC job for the NFL.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Payton has a contract til 2020. Not sure how he would even get here
The contract means little. Almost all coaches that are fired have years left on their contract.

But I agree that Riley coming here is very far-fetched

HanD

Reaction score
The contract means little. Almost all coaches that are fired have years left on their contract.

But I agree that Riley coming here is very far-fetched
Payton isnt getting fired no has no reason to replace him. Riley has a bigger chance of landing here imo than payton

DFWJC

Reaction score
Payton isnt getting fired no has no reason to replace him. Riley has a bigger chance of landing here imo than payton
Oops didn't notice it was Payton, not Garrett

I missed it....didnt even realize Payton was in the conversation

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was on NFLN about a half hour ago. Was surprised I didn’t see it posted. He said of course this doesn’t happen if Garrett’s around but said he heard that Jones’s like what he did with Baker Mayfield. This season was worth it if it ends with Lincoln Riley

They can give him both Garrett's and Linehan's salaries...

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
PICKLE RICKKKK!!!
Come on, flip the pickle, Morty, you're not gonna regret it. The payoff is huge. I turned myself into a pickle, Morty! Boom! Big reveal! I'm a pickle! What do you think about that? I turned myself into a pickle! W-w-what are you just staring at me for, bro, I turned myself into a pickle, Morty.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
Come on, flip the pickle, Morty, you're not gonna regret it. The payoff is huge. I turned myself into a pickle, Morty! Boom! Big reveal! I'm a pickle! What do you think about that? I turned myself into a pickle! W-w-what are you just staring at me for, bro, I turned myself into a pickle, Morty.
LMAO You have taken Roy off the grid
:flagwave:

Kalyan

Reaction score
I think the bigger issue is Riley interested in the NFL?

There’s been several rumbles with interest in him but those around Riley have denied he has any interest.
NFL job used to be plum job, but the trend is reverse now. He could get top 5 college salary in 6 million range and can stay at OU for next 25 years, why would he want to come to NFL and suck up to Jerry?