Anyone else hear Rappaport say we have an affinity for Lincoln Riley

TheHerd

Reaction score
I would not hire Garrett as a locker room attendant. No Dallas coach in history has ticked me off more than JG. JG has no spine. At least fire the OC, show us you care, show us you feel our 23 years of pain, show us the status quo is not acceptable. He can't do any of those things, because he is not a leader of men. He keeps RM and SL around so he has someone to share the blame with and throw under the bus.

Garrett could be replaced by a football robot who does nothing but follow "the book". He has zero creativity, zero feel for the flow of the game, zero feel for when to take chances and when to be conservative, zero ability to adjust, zero clock management skill. Actually, a robot would do much, much, better.

aria

Reaction score
I agree that he hasn't had enough sustained success to warrant choosing him over others. I'll take anyone over Garrett though. The Jones not having any real experience of their own, have never valued experience as much as they should.
Yeah, definitely won’t argue anyone would be worth a chance over JG, I just don’t think Riley is the answer.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was on NFLN about a half hour ago. Was surprised I didn’t see it posted. He said of course this doesn’t happen if Garrett’s around but said he heard that Jones’s like what he did with Baker Mayfield. This season was worth it if it ends with Lincoln Riley
Why would Lincoln Riley leave OU where he has full support and control to come to “Dysfunction Junction”? I just can’t imagine that happening as long as Jerry runs this thing like he does.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But the Star and Dallas, or Cleveland? If by some miracle a coach could succeed and turn this franchise around, that's a life changing experience and a golden ticket for the rest of your life.

I can dream, no?
The Star is over rated this era unfortunately my friend. This is not an attractive job anymore with Jerry. But yes, you can dream.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Philly is teaching us how to put together a good team in a short period of time. It begins with a good gm and hc. Not our fault Jerry doesn't get it.
Don’t forget the 1st round QB.

Jerry gets it just doesn’t care enough to change his ways.

Last edited:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the Eagles do blow us out, and we end up changing coaches in the offseason, let me be the first to welcome all the temporary Eagles-turned-Cowboys fans back with open arms.

It’ll be nice to have you back in the fold again. For however long it lasts until you decide rooting for our rivals again is the move you really want to make.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Of course. And nobody's denying that it's Jerry's fault.
Why would we expect a 2 yr QB coach with no Other coaching experience at any level to have more success here?

More success than one of the best DC this era in Wade and HOFame Parcells? Please explain why?

Rajveer

Reaction score
First I have heard they considered dumping Linehan during the bye week. IMO they should have done that. Not a smart move by Garrett to keep him.
Who says Garrett makes smart moves?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If the Eagles do blow us out, and we end up changing coaches in the offseason, let me be the first to welcome all the temporary Eagles-turned-Cowboys fans back with open arms.

It’ll be nice to have you back in the fold again. For however long it lasts until you decide rooting for our rivals again is the move you really want to make.
So there are opposing fans posing as Cowboy fans here too ? Why am I not surprised. Ha

ThrowuptheXDez88

Reaction score
Ol Lincoln aint bringing a do it all college athlete at QB with him, if he is hired, so we’ll see how good he really is

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Why would Lincoln Riley leave OU where he has full support and control to come to “Dysfunction Junction”? I just can’t imagine that happening as long as Jerry runs this thing like he does.

Please. This is THE Dallas Cowboys. I mean, who wouldn't just die for the chance to coach for the flagship franchise in the league?

Last time we went actively searching we got Norv Turner and Wade Phillips as finalists.

Can you believe that?

That just goes to show you how appealing the job is.

ThrowuptheXDez88

Reaction score
I agree that he hasn't had enough sustained success to warrant choosing him over others. I'll take anyone over Garrett though. The Jones not having any real experience of their own, have never valued experience as much as they should.

The experience thing doesn’t hold up now, McVay has shown what an inovative mind can do in the NFL, no matter how old the head coach is

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The experience thing doesn’t hold up now, McVay has shown what an inovative mind can do in the NFL, no matter how old the head coach is
I agree . Give me stud talent and I can win with any of 500 coaches. Wait , we’ve already proved that. Lol

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Some in the national media were reporting a Garrett extension, not 2 weeks ago ...

Linehan is gone , Garrett is here to break Landry's record of longest tenure .