Recap: Anyone else just hear Tony on TheTicket?

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
It's easy to forget because he's played so well, but Peyton is always one hit away from being finished forever as well... and I'm pretty sure his quality of life has been affected going forward too. I think one reason that Broncos fans probably don't worry about it too much is because man that guy gets rid of the ball fast. I honestly don't see how he ever gets sacked the way they run that thing. It must be extremely frustrating for the defensive line.

DFWJC

Reaction score
It's easy to forget because he's played so well, but Peyton is always one hit away from being finished forever as well... and I'm pretty sure his quality of life has been affected going forward too. I think one reason that Broncos fans probably don't worry about it too much is because man that guy gets rid of the ball fast. I honestly don't see how he ever gets sacked the way they run that thing. It must be extremely frustrating for the defensive line.

And they say his arm strength--which was not too great last year--is better this year. Another full year of specific training helped him actually improve physically. His arm is still not great, but what's between the ears is so special that he's amazing anyway.

blindzebra

Reaction score
LOL at this thread.

Just listened to the interview and it is in no way shape or form as suggested by the OP.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I didn't hear this particular interview but from the posts here it sounds like he was repeating some stuff he said in a interview a week or two ago where he was talking about how he's not doing some things he used to so that he doesn't have unnecessary wear and tear on his back.

For example the reason he didn't play golf this summer, even though he could have, because it was unnecessary wear and tear on his back. That sounds like what he was talking about here when talking about managing his back, with things he does, which he already talked about before. So that wouldn't be anything new.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Not really surprised. Nobody knows what's going to happen until Romo is actually in a game. I've had back problems for 20 years. Somedays it feels great and then if you just move the wrong way it can go out. I don't know about people who have had surgery but I go by what Aikman and a few others have said. I doubt Romo is going to get better than he was. We'll just have to wait and see.

That's why they invented drugs. I'm not gonna run from the sky until I see it falling.

Deep_South

Reaction score
I listened to the interview and didn't hear anything unexpected at this stage of Tony's rehab. He's clearly trying to do as much as possible without taking a step backwards, and that requires some pacing. He's confident he would have beaten out Johnny Football if we drafted him, and is glad to have Zack Martin. I think right now things are going as good as we could have expected, and I think he is planning to be good to go against San Francisco. Still, it will come down to if he can handle getting hit, and we'll just have to find that out, maybe in the 3rd preseason game.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
The owner was not hoodwinked.

The owner simply chose to ignore challenges/adversity and sing:

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow
There'll be sun!

That is the problem with having an owner/GM who does not have a single pragmatic bone in his body.

I guess you want the GM to tell the rest of the football world that his QB's back isn't all that great, so please take as many shots at it as possible.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
In his own words: Tony Romo talks about his back rehab, practice plan and season outlook

Does he consider himself 100 percent?

“I am 100 percent. Yeah. I am 100 percent. But it’s like you have to always work at something if that makes sense. You would like to be smart coming back. If it was up to me, I am going to do everything. And then they’ll say, ‘You’re done. You did too much’ As an athlete and competitor, that’s what we do sometimes. We go, go, go and then you’re hurt, and you’re out instead of being smart. So that’s why we have a lot of people that are smart and take this progression a long way.”

How can be 100 percent when practicing less?

“I think it’s how you look at 100 percent. I can do everything 100 percent. Your body isn’t intelligent to work and do everything as if you didn’t have the surgery. I can do everything, but it’s just not smart to pretend like you didn’t have surgery and do everything. So we have to be intelligent.”

Has the back given you more challenges?

“No. I think it’s exactly what ... the process has gone kind of like we thought. I said it before, it’s just a little unknown so you’d rather play it safe than be silly and just go out and do everything over and over again and all of a sudden have to sit out for a week or so. I think more than anything we’re playing the long game and I think that’s smart.”

Where are you most limited?
“I don’t think there’s anything I’m limited by. I mean I can do everything. The difference is just how many times or how long and I think that for me that’s one thing you have to kind of get to know. It’ would be like if someone comes off an ACL or something, they have a progression that takes shape and they’ll push it and work real hard in the morning. It’s like Well can you do something in the afternoon? Well I feel like I can. Ah. You’re not quite there with that part of it yet. And you got to continue to develop until that strengthens and get sot that point. I think it’s just … there’s consistent progress that takes shape and you have to adjust to what your body tells you.”

Do feel like your old self?

“Well you’re never going to...I mean after back surgery or like after any surgery you’re always going to have to work hard at that. I’ll have to, Not everyone knows but once you have back surgery you kind of have to change the way you do things. You have to constantly work on your glutes, your hamstrings, your abs and strengthen everything around that area and so life will be different after that. But that doesn’t mean you can’t do the things that it takes to be successful on the field or whatever you want to do. There’s been plenty of people who’ve done it. You just got to go do it. It just takes work.”

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
He can't be 100% if he doesn't feel like his old self. Maybe I'm missing something but he's definitely going to have issues this year. I wish him well because I truly think the team is going to live or die by how well he plays. I have zero confidence in the defense.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Maybe he is taking the RGIII line, All in for week 1!

Hope it works out better for TR then it worked out for RGIII.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
I heard the interview and I didn't get the sense that Romo was down about his back. Just thought he was being cautious with it an targeting being ready for the season. Makes sense to me to be cautious about it.

But if you weren't already worried about him after two back surgeries in 12 months, then you're not being realistic.

Zordon

Reaction score
LOL at this thread.

Just listened to the interview and it is in no way shape or form as suggested by the OP.

seriously i think media and fans are trolling. dmn has a quote from romo saying he's 100%.

Wood

Reaction score
the biggest problem now with Romo is exactly what he says in interview "he cringes at thought of pain from washington game". Will he step up to make that throw or throw off his back foot like we saw last season. At some point he body will tell him it just doesn't want to get hit anymore.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Oh no!!!! A 30+ qb that has taken constant hits since 07 has to manage his body better? This is completely unexpected because we all know football players never have to change the way they play when they get older.

Ludicrous I tell you!