Anyone else pumped up for the release of Madden '06?

CantonBound08

Reaction score
CactusCowboy said:
Me neither. The graphics did not change much in the last two releases. They show the really cool graphics such as highlights, but that isn't gameplay graphics. IMO, the graphics in 2k5 were better than Madden, but since the NFL gave rights to EA that pretty much seals that. On top of that, there was a thread earlier in the week that showed the ratings, and the 'boys got absolutely no credit for their offseason.

Not this year.

Rude

Reaction score
No way, that game is still the same as the year before and so on. Easports has no reason to improve since 2k sports isnt making a game. What a lame way to win the console football war, rather then building a better game, they bought themselves their victory.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Rude said:
No way, that game is still the same as the year before and so on. Easports has no reason to improve since 2k sports isnt making a game. What a lame way to win the console football war, rather then building a better game, they bought themselves their victory.

Wow. Another uninformed Madden hater. :lmao2:

EA Sports has built a complete new engine for the next generation of Madden games which will be available on the next generation of consoles.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
I won't be buying anymore Madden Games. All thats changed over the last few years with that game is the players on the front of the package.

this is just my opinion.

Ken

Reaction score
dragon_mikal said:

EA Sports has built a complete new engine for the next generation of Madden games which will be available on the next generation of consoles.
That's great.....

But how is that affecting the xbox version?

Same game, as it has been for a long time now.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Man, I cannot wait. If its half as good as NCAA '06, it will be the best yet.

Everything looks .... fake compared to ESPN NFL 2k5 I KNOW IT IS FAKE. But 2k5 made the movements real. Madden is too umm blocky , choppy... hard to explain just watch those fools run!! BUT WE HAVE NO CHOICE NOW. EA FRIGGIN EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS LICENSE.

mrecktid

Reaction score
dragon_mikal said:

It's about time, after 7 years of the same engine, I don't think I can take anymore.

If only Visual Concepts was allowed to update rosters to ESPN 2K5 I would have no reason in purchasing Madden 06.

KDWilliams85

Reaction score
dragon_mikal said:

I'm afraid that it is you who are misinformed. While it is true that they are developing next generation graphics for the new consoles, EA Sports bought out Microsoft and Sony for exclusive rights to produce any NFL based games. So, in effect, they did buy themselves a victory in the war of production.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Man, I cannot wait. If its half as good as NCAA '06, it will be the best yet.

I am looking forward to it.
True , graphics have not changed much and I did not like how in last years game you could get a player that rated a 50 and get him up in the ninties just by playing him.
I seen Dallas rated poorly , but Julius Jones will rate very good as will Witten , They had two #1,s so you know they will go up quickly.
Dallas should be a team you could take and win with in the franchise mode after that draft.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
Madden has Alex Smith rated an 82.
On IGN.com they have the NFC west team rosters listed and rated.

JsnSA

Reaction score
Im afraid I will have to boycott Madden 06.

I will NOT give them any of my money.

I guess that leaves the new Blitz game and ESPN 05 (2k) with updated rosters.

I hear the 2k series is trying to make a Legends of football game...but it is taking longer than they thought to make deals with enough ex football stars.

If they do that you can get a new game....and just download the roster updates.

And the Madden series wont get any of your money.

(EDITED: WTH was I smoking. Had 95 and 96 instead of 05 and 06)

Rude

Reaction score
dragon_mikal said:

Wow another Madden Homer :lmao2:

Thats interesting that you say Ea Sports created a completly new engine for madden nex gen since they have yet to release any info on their new game other then a screenshot from E3. Its One thing to dislike EA sports (like I do)since i prefer 2k sports, but its another thing to lie for a shady company like EA (like you did).

JWitten

Reaction score
If anyone has any idea where to get an updated roster or has made their own that would include the first round or two of the draft for PS2 I would like to know.

I played Madden for years and last year I tried ESPN and I don't think I can go back. The gameplay is far away better than Madden ever was.

So roster updates will have to do.......if I can only find one somewhere??????

tiller77

Reaction score
I can't wait for Madden they made the passing more realistic with the QB vision. The Cowboys are not ranked very high on the game though.

NCAA is awesome they really stepped up their game on it.

tiller77

Reaction score
JWitten said:
If anyone has any idea where to get an updated roster or has made their own that would include the first round or two of the draft for PS2 I would like to know.

I played Madden for years and last year I tried ESPN and I don't think I can go back. The gameplay is far away better than Madden ever was.

www.ps2rosters.com might have one

Rude

Reaction score
JWitten said:

http://www.operationsports.com

calico

Reaction score
I won't be pumped until I get a PS3 and then Madden. I am a Madden fan, but the game has worn off on me because they have not changed it enough. I did not even complete ONE season in Madden 05. That is a first for me.

I still love NCAA 06 because it has a different atmosphere, but it also has started to wear off on me this week. EA really needs to make some BIG additions to jump start the series again...to bad it won't happen though because of the NFL contract. They have no competition so they will not be on top of their game.

I can't fault EA though, from what I heard, it was the NFL who offered their exclusive rights to the highest bidder.