Anyone else pumped up for the release of Madden '06?

calico

Reaction score
otero1 said:
Everything looks .... fake compared to ESPN NFL 2k5 I KNOW IT IS FAKE. But 2k5 made the movements real. Madden is too umm blocky , choppy... hard to explain just watch those fools run!! BUT WE HAVE NO CHOICE NOW. EA FRIGGIN EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS LICENSE.

I always felt the opposite. The NFL2K series seemed so fake to me. The movements of the players were not crisp..they were too slow. I bought the game last year and played it 2 times and could not get past how crappy it was.

Dallas4ever

Reaction score
Look for me online August 9th as "Igodownhard" I will gladly spank dat *** for you.

I'm off work all that week........I can hardly wait. I will be bringing the Boys. Just like last year, they will have enough and probably more to compete with any team.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
One stupid thing that has always irked me about Madden. And, again, let me repeat -- stupid.

Why can't they print the names on the back of the jerseys in the font actually used by the teams, like NFL2K did? Having a generic font across the league makes the game bland when watching up close highlights for me. With all the things they try to make exact, I don't understand the difficulty in duplicating that.

Again, stupid.... :)

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not too excited. I've got Madden 2005 and ESPN 2k5 so I'm good until the next gen comes out. I did purchase NCAA 06 though (since the last NCAA title I had was 2003). I'm good for now.

Eddie

Reaction score
I've been playing Madden 2006 for quite some time now. I picked it up for $2.99. It's called Madden 2003. The game hasn't changed since 2001 and I won't pay a penny more for it.

Create-a-fan and QB tunnel vision does NOT warrant another $50 payment.

Sorry.

Dat mans bro

Reaction score
Madden IMO was better than ESPN 2K5 as computer AI was pretty weak in that. I think I had like 2K rushing for Julius for the season. So, I returned it and switched it in for Madden 06. I love Madden, but I agree they don't add enuff features every year. Plus it seemed last year they made the players smaller, it almost seemed like ants running around til you got used to it.

Still pondering whether to buy it as the new QB controls sound cool. but maybe I will try it in the store before buying it. Don't want to give up my franchise on 05 as well (6th season, 6 rings, 3 different coaches, and the stadium has all the upgrades while under the cap. JJ would be proud).

Maybe a new thread later after release...Is madden 06 worth it?

Eddie

Reaction score
Just get the updated rosters for NFL 2k5 and you have NFL 2k6.

Download this file:

http://tinyurl.com/9q75l

It's a ZIP file. Save it to your Desktop. Explore it until you find Datel.XBX. Delete that file.

Transfer the zip file to the Action Replay. Use the Action Replay and load it onto the Xbox.

Voila! NFL 2k"6" ...

It's a whole new game. I really enjoy playing with the new rosters. But we still have huge holes to fill.

We only have 2 DT's ... obviously signalling a 3-4 D. Also, we only have Spears, Ware, and Burnett as rookies. No other rookies.

Merritt is the #3 WR.

Quincy Morgan is a beast ... had a 350 yard receiving game with him on Legend level. They couldn't stop him with the deep ball.

Hope he pans out in real life.

Eddie

Reaction score
This is how a 2 page thread dies.

Move it out of the Main Forum. :(

JWitten

Reaction score
If you don't like it and don't wish to dicuss it why not just stay out of it for those of us that with to talk about it.

Sheez

Rude

Reaction score
Dat mans bro said:
Create a fan is stupid...they had it in ESPN 2K5. Waste of space....

Ummmm, no. Creat a Fan was one of the NEW GREAT :rolleyes: features in madden and not espn 2k5.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
I am not pumped, but I will still buy it because I don't have any other choice and I hate not having another choice :mad:

LatinG187

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Man, I cannot wait. If its half as good as NCAA '06, it will be the best yet.

I'm pumped for Madden,but not as much compared to previous years.I was real pumped up for NCAA 06 but for some reason I'm not as excited for Madden.

VirusX

Reaction score
Holy cow so many bitter idiots whining about madden here. They havent changed anything waaaaaaaaaaaa. Have you put in madden 2001 and then put in madden 2005. VERY different games. Physics are different the style is slightly different. TONS of added ownership and franchise mode options and features. To state that madden hasnt changed in 4 or 5 years is just freaking ********.

And im sure I'll hear the chant of WE WANT A NEW GRAPHICS ENGINE! Well with NextGen systems under 12 months away it would be suicide and very very pointless to develope a new graphics system for an outdated console. Lets spend millions of dollars and a year or two on a new graphics engine that will have to be remade in a year or 2 hell even 3 years it wouldnt make sense.

Look at quakes graphics engine. Its is very widely used for multiple games without being touched it was developed on legacy hardware to perform well and people dont ***** because Id Software doesnt upgrade their engine every year or two they would go out of bussiness in developement. Its not bussiness smart and until people understand that they can piss and moan about every little thing that might be the same from the previous year and ignore what is being or has been added during that time.

For the record I will go buy my "2006 Roster Update" for madden and laugh at you cheap whiney little bastids.

[ESPN HOMERS/MADDEN HATERS] :shoot2:

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
VirusX said:
Holy cow so many bitter idiots whining about madden here. They havent changed anything waaaaaaaaaaaa. Have you put in madden 2001 and then put in madden 2005. VERY different games. Physics are different the style is slightly different. TONS of added ownership and franchise mode options and features. To state that madden hasnt changed in 4 or 5 years is just freaking ********.

And im sure I'll hear the chant of WE WANT A NEW GRAPHICS ENGINE! Well with NextGen systems under 12 months away it would be suicide and very very pointless to develope a new graphics system for an outdated console. Lets spend millions of dollars and a year or two on a new graphics engine that will have to be remade in a year or 2 hell even 3 years it wouldnt make sense.

Look at quakes graphics engine. Its is very widely used for multiple games without being touched it was developed on legacy hardware to perform well and people dont ***** because Id Software doesnt upgrade their engine every year or two they would go out of bussiness in developement. Its not bussiness smart and until people understand that they can piss and moan about every little thing that might be the same from the previous year and ignore what is being or has been added during that time.

For the record I will go buy my "2006 Roster Update" for madden and laugh at you cheap whiney little bastids.

I can remember when being able to think for yourself was sign of intelligence. I guess being a sheep and being told your opinion is now the smart way to go. :rolleyes:

Also, watch the insults because that type of behavior is not acceptable in this forum.

HardHittin'Witten

This ain't Madden
Reaction score
not getting Madden this year. I rotate between NCAA and Madden. This year is NCAA's turn. I'm sure I'll check it out at some point.

Rude

Reaction score
VirusX said:

God, some of you madden lovers get so offended if anyone says something about your precise madden. I used to love madden, only game I would play then 2k sports created the series for the dreamcast, and I was hooked.

Now, you say,...

"And im sure I'll hear the chant of WE WANT A NEW GRAPHICS ENGINE! Well with NextGen systems under 12 months away it would be suicide and very very pointless to develope a new graphics system for an outdated console. Lets spend millions of dollars and a year or two on a new graphics engine that will have to be remade in a year or 2 hell even 3 years it wouldnt make sense."

Didnt EA sports, create a new graphics engine for the other game "fight night round 2", that game is coming out for the ps3 and xbox 360, so woudnt ea sports waste millions of dollars for that engine,pppfffffffft, try to spin that for me.

Oh while were at it, you never replied to the part in this thread on how you lied about madden next gen :laugh1:

VirusX

Reaction score
adbutcher said:
I can remember when being able to think for yourself was sign of intelligence. I guess being a sheep and being told your opinion is now the smart way to go. :rolleyes:

Also, watch the insults because that type of behavior is not acceptable in this forum.

Not when "thinking for yourself" is quoting the mass ignorant opinion.

"Oh while were at it, you never replied to the part in this thread on how you lied about madden next gen"

How did I lie about NextGen madden? About the new graphics engine? Check their site it shows screenshots of the NextGen engine.

Didnt EA sports, create a new graphics engine for the other game "fight night round 2", that game is coming out for the ps3 and xbox 360, so woudnt ea sports waste millions of dollars for that engine,pppfffffffft, try to spin that for me.

Are you saying they created a new engine for the game prior to the XBOX 360 release. I havent purchased that so I wouldnt know. But as far is IF they developed a new engine for it. Its far more simplistic to develope a Boxing engine then a football engine.

I personally would love to have a new graphics engine every year but that just wont happen. And If you think you can please goto EA and apply for a job working on one. Its FAR to hard to develope a QUALITY graphics engine on the fly every year to be worth it.

Example.

Madden 2001
madden2001_screen003.jpg

Madden 2004
914751_20030627_screen010.jpg

Madden 2006
12.jpg

So yes your so called "Madden Yearly Roster Update" is an ignorant opinion.:shatfan:

VirusX

Reaction score
No smart remarks on the whole "madden 2001 is the same as 2005/2006 line"?

Didnt think so.