Anyone else pumped up for the release of Madden '06?

VirusX

Reaction score
Well, my PS2 is basically dead so XBOX. Ill buy both XBOX 360 and PS3 but im not going to go get another PS2 even though its new and slim. I like madden on xbox anyway because its a little faster which is unfair to compare due to XBOX being newer hardware but...

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Oh really.. Well this is from ESPN NFL 2K5
espn-nfl-2k5-20040621104501715.jpg

Looks more realistic than Madden...

This looks to soft and bland... YUCK
madden-nfl-2006-20050309025252862-000.jpg

VirusX

Reaction score
Never argued ESPN doesnt have better graphics. But the animation of just a person running is badly flawed.

It seems their butt doesnt move at all like they have a stick jammed up their butt probably due to the fact they start the animation mapping from the waist and work up and down limiting the waist movement.

ESPN is also developed on XBOX and ported to PS2 therefore they have more complex and updated hardware to work with. NextGen madden will blow people away you shall see...

I'm just glad ESPN partnered with EA for madden best of both worlds all rolled into one.

And no the 2001 isnt from PSX its from PS2 I had it. I poped it in when I head the whole madden is the same from 2001 - 2004 arguement and decided to see for myself OMG HOW DID I LIKE THAT CRAP ;)

I suppose ESPN will look like that to us in 4 years lol.

LatinG187

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
virusx,do u have XBOX Live?If so what's your gamertag?Mine is TexasBoy187.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
adbutcher said:
I can remember when being able to think for yourself was sign of intelligence. I guess being a sheep and being told your opinion is now the smart way to go. :rolleyes:

I agree here Butcher ... I went to get Madden 2006, but it was sold out ... the more I think about it though, I've always said that ESPN or the 2K series was better.I may just get the updates. I've been saying this since NFL 2K on Dreamcast ... it's just a much better game and more realistic ... hands down ... you're a ****** if you think Madden is more realistic.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Well since they don't make the ESPN games for the PC I guess I'm a sheep BAAAA BAAAA

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Well since they don't make the ESPN games for the PC I guess I'm a sheep BAAAA BAAAA

But you were a sheep before they even made PC's ... so your point is mute ...

:laugh2:

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I was disappointed with Madden last year, but not enough to elevate ESPN to it's now god-like status. I thought both games were extremely flawed.

Madden, in my opinion, still had the better playbook package, and a better franchise mode, which it has been improving for years. But their gameplay was older, the AI was archaic. Add my own pet peeve, the DL and, more, the HORRIBLE OL (run backwards or forward, hope the line hits something).

ESPN, on the other hand, had some nice tweaks to gameplay, a nice practice mode in franchise, among some other nice things. I will say, one reason I could never play it was the controls - I have been playing Madden too long to get used to the changes demanded by ESPN.

As far as graphics, I thought both games were mediocre. ESPN's only improvement was their shadowing - it was more realistic than Madden's. But I don't think the graphics were 'vastly' better, and for me, graphics in a football game don't matter that much anyway. The running and movements seemed very odd to me in ESPN - not at all natural. Madden, on the other hand, after touting many graphical updates, didn't deliver. It looked quite the same - no realistic shadowing, box looks, etc.

I will probably buy Madden again this year, but it will probably be the last time. Unless the lines have been drastically improved, I will be fed up. Further, I find I am just the same video game player I once was.

VirusX

Reaction score
LatinG187 said:
virusx,do u have XBOX Live?If so what's your gamertag?Mine is TexasBoy187.

Not yet. I might buy the starter kit when i get the new madden im not sure. I have a car payment to save for lol.