Anyone else suffering from Broaddus-fatigue?

_sturt_

Reaction score
I mean, I appreciate that the guy is the one member of DAL media that brings some actual front office background. So, I can absolutely appreciate that he's giving his take as we inch toward the 53-man roster and cut day.

But damn.

Too much is too much. He does his 103.5 segments. He does his DallasCowboys.com thing. He does the Voch podcast with some regularity. He does the Cavanaugh podcast with some regularity. And he has his podcast with Belt. I'm probably even missing something.

Mind you, it's true, I don't have to watch, and indeed, I do not watch very much at this point. Well aware of who he seems to like and who he seems to be down on. I suppose I'm just intrigued to see if anyone else is thinking he'd be better off to avoid seeming a podcast hore, saying yes to anyone who ever invites him in the door. It's none of my business, you're right, and perhaps he's getting paid for all this, and who knows, maybe he's helping some relative pay off some astronomical medical bill for some unfortunate hospital stay with the excess. I like to presume the best of anyone as the default position. But this is over-doing it to the point of exhaustion, in my mere mortal opinion.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is fine when he stays to reporting the facts and to what he truly sees at practice.

When he puts down players or builds up players to his disliking or liking is where I do not care for him.
He seems to be wrong much more than right on his player analysis. Or used to be. I don’t really listen to him as much now. Maybe he got better.

But he still seems to have a few he just will not sat much anything good about.

When he insinuated Mazi has mental health issues. That was uncalled for. Lost any credibility.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean, I appreciate that the guy is the one member of DAL media that brings some actual front office background. So, I can absolutely appreciate that he's giving his take as we inch toward the 53-man roster and cut day.

But damn.

Too much is too much. He does his 103.5 segments. He does his DallasCowboys.com thing. He does the Voch podcast with some regularity. He does the Cavanaugh podcast with some regularity. And he has his podcast with Belt. I'm probably even missing something.

Mind you, it's true, I don't have to watch, and indeed, I do not watch very much at this point. Well aware of who he seems to like and who he seems to be down on. I suppose I'm just intrigued to see if anyone else is thinking he'd be better off to avoid seeming a podcast hore, saying yes to anyone who ever invites him in the door. It's none of my business, you're right, and perhaps he's getting paid for all this, and who knows, maybe he's helping some relative pay off some astronomical medical bill for some unfortunate hospital stay with the excess. I like to presume the best of anyone as the default position. But this is over-doing it to the point of exhaustion, in my mere mortal opinion.
Broaddus is a goof. His predictions are wrong more than 50% of the time.

Oddly, he was decect when he did pre-season radio with Brad Sham a few times.
- It forced him to just say what he saw instead of trying to predict something.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

But damn.

Calvin Cordozar Broadus Jr.

330px-Snoop_Dogg_2019_by_Glenn_Francis_%28cropped%29.jpg

rambo2

Reaction score

But damn.

I like him. He gives a lot of good information.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I like that he provides detailed observations and has some insight on player capabilities. He's wrong sometimes like all of the analysts, coaches, and fans, but at least he's semi-informed. The thing that bugs me about him is the constant fiddling with his glasses! and now that Nick Harris is wearing contacts he does this crazy high-beam thing with his eyes, lol.

rambo2

Reaction score
I like that he provides detailed observations and has some insight on player capabilities. He's wrong sometimes like all of the analysts, coaches, and fans, but at least he's semi-informed. The thing that bugs me about him is the constant fiddling with his glasses! and now that Nick Harris is wearing contacts he does this crazy high-beam thing with his eyes, lol.
Sounds like you need to look away from the screen.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
I don't understand the Broaddus hate. No one else does what he does with his background, the Cowboys media would become so boring without him. I've learned so much about the sport from his scouting articles on new signings and the draft show, so I'll always see him in a positive way. Who cares if he has an opinion you don't agree with or if he was wrong about so and so prospect (he's also right a lot), just don't listen to him then.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Broaddus is a goof. His predictions are wrong more than 50% of the time.

Oddly, he was decect when he did pre-season radio with Brad Sham a few times.
- It forced him to just say what he saw instead of trying to predict something.
Yeah, he's better at just telling you what he sees. When his opinion comes in he just gets it wrong a lot. He doesn't seem to grasp how a player can improve and project that. Which is probably why he was doing pro personnel (free agents) for the Cowboys.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I never liked Broaddus. I think he is a nasty guy in addition to being an incompetent buffoon. We hear about the scout crap. Guy never get a call right. His views on prospects is often embarrassing. Can’t stand him.

stiletto

Reaction score
I listen to him but I don't understand why he goes on everyone and their brothers podcasts when he could do his own and make money. He seems pretty charitable with his time, I'll give him that. Don't know if he just doesn't have a life or what but if I were him, I'd be doing my own thing. He seems to draw for the other people, he should be getting some of the $$ if he is so popular?

_sturt_

Reaction score
Yeah, um... my criticism wasn't about BB himself... I'd say the same thing if it were any other name and face... he's just everywhere all the time right now, and it's a little tedious. It's not like he has some novel take with every broadcast. Find some other former or current scout, or former or current coach, or former player. It's too much.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I never liked Broaddus. I think he is a nasty guy in addition to being an incompetent buffoon. We hear about the scout crap. Guy never get a call right. His views on prospects is often embarrassing. Can’t stand him.
Watch out, you and the OP will get a nasty PM from proscout on here for questioning him.

Loso86

Reaction score

But damn.

No but.....I mean you don't have to listen!