Anyone else suffering from Broaddus-fatigue?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I mean, I appreciate that the guy is the one member of DAL media that brings some actual front office background. So, I can absolutely appreciate that he's giving his take as we inch toward the 53-man roster and cut day.

But damn.

Too much is too much. He does his 103.5 segments. He does his DallasCowboys.com thing. He does the Voch podcast with some regularity. He does the Cavanaugh podcast with some regularity. And he has his podcast with Belt. I'm probably even missing something.

Mind you, it's true, I don't have to watch, and indeed, I do not watch very much at this point. Well aware of who he seems to like and who he seems to be down on. I suppose I'm just intrigued to see if anyone else is thinking he'd be better off to avoid seeming a podcast hore, saying yes to anyone who ever invites him in the door. It's none of my business, you're right, and perhaps he's getting paid for all this, and who knows, maybe he's helping some relative pay off some astronomical medical bill for some unfortunate hospital stay with the excess. I like to presume the best of anyone as the default position. But this is over-doing it to the point of exhaustion, in my mere mortal opinion.
I don't think I've ever listened to him...I wouldn't know who he was if it wasn't for this place. I guess I'm not missing much

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Broaddus is a talking machine. The guy never shuts up. When it comes to cutting people off, he’s the king…gab-gab-gab and more gab! Patrick no C Walker moved on from The Break to Talkin Cowboys probably because he got tired of competing for gab time with Broaddus. Broaddus should just start his own one man show so he can talk for an hour and doesn’t have to cut anyone off.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
The problem with Broaddus is that he gets down on a player (or coach) and he just can’t hardly say a decent word about the guy.

Conversely, there are players (and coaches) that he likes and you can’t get him to say one negative thing about them. Even if they mess up.

I’ve seen players make some good plays out at camp and then when Broaddus is asked about them, you’d think they’re constantly messing up. Once you’re in his doghouse… that’s it. He’ll always think you suck.

And if Dallas drafts a player that he didn’t say they should take in the pre-draft lead-up, they start their career off in Brian’s doghouse.

He’d be fine if he could just take his personal feelings out of it.

To be honest though, he’s a lot better than he used to be about it. I’ve seen him lately admit to being wrong about rookies, which is way more than he used to do. Somewhere along the way he got humbled or something because he used to never do that.

Anyway, he is better than he used to be but he still lets his prior opinion color everything he sees out at practice, and he’s still arrogant and doesn’t like to look at the other side of a debate.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Broaddus is a talking machine. The guy never shuts up. When it comes to cutting people off, he’s the king…gab-gab-gab and more gab! Patrick no C Walker moved on from The Break to Talkin Cowboys probably because he got tired of competing for gab time with Broaddus. Broaddus should just start his own one man show so he can talk for an hour and doesn’t have to cut anyone off.
Yeah Voch and Broaddus cut off each other all the time. When they do a three person show with Cavanaugh, the former says nothing.

rambo2

Reaction score
I never liked Broaddus. I think he is a nasty guy in addition to being an incompetent buffoon. We hear about the scout crap. Guy never get a call right. His views on prospects is often embarrassing. Can’t stand him.
He is pretty good.

rambo2

Reaction score
I listen to him but I don't understand why he goes on everyone and their brothers podcasts when he could do his own and make money. He seems pretty charitable with his time, I'll give him that. Don't know if he just doesn't have a life or what but if I were him, I'd be doing my own thing. He seems to draw for the other people, he should be getting some of the $$ if he is so popular?
He enjoys what.he does.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I listen to him but I don't understand why he goes on everyone and their brothers podcasts when he could do his own and make money. He seems pretty charitable with his time, I'll give him that. Don't know if he just doesn't have a life or what but if I were him, I'd be doing my own thing. He seems to draw for the other people, he should be getting some of the $$ if he is so popular?
He doesn't have a wife.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Or girlfriend or pets or anything apparently. Seems pretty sad but I guess he has football.
I think if you look at a few pictures of him online he looks like a guy that shouldn’t be on school property.