Anyone ever have a clogged shower pipe?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anyone ever have a clogged shower pipe.. Not shower head, since that seems to be working. But for some reason, water is coming out and even the bottom faucet is having low pressure.

I was reading elsewhere that taking the shower head off and pouring CLR down the pipe might work.

Any other thoughts???/

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Maybe carefully try running a metal hanger down inside the pipe a few inches at a time.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
is it the only fixture having low water pressure? If so, then the valve is corroded.
So here is my issue. I recently remodeled the bathroom. Recently being about 7 or years ago. I swapped the sides so I could install a tub vs just having a stand up shower. When it was a shower, I had a great pressure. I had a tub/shower installed on the opposite wall and the pressure has been low ever since. Now recently, I'm not getting any water coming out of that pipe.

Had a plumber come out and he just said old pipes and didn't try anything to resolve the issue other than to recommend a re-pipe.

So here I am seeing if there are any other options.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can snake it just like any other pipe. If the blockage is organic, a product like Bio-Clean might work.

In a supply line, it’s probably a blockage caused by mineral deposits. A plumber might force air under pressure through the line. Or you have to replace the pipe. :(

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
So here is my issue. I recently remodeled the bathroom. Recently being about 7 or years ago. I swapped the sides so I could install a tub vs just having a stand up shower. When it was a shower, I had a great pressure. I had a tub/shower installed on the opposite wall and the pressure has been low ever since. Now recently, I'm not getting any water coming out of that pipe.

Had a plumber come out and he just said old pipes and didn't try anything to resolve the issue other than to recommend a re-pipe.

he recommended a $$$ job.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
I think you could first do this.

Turn off water into the house.
Change out the valves that allow the water through to the pipes.
It should have internal guts on those turn off / on valves.

You can get new guts to the valves and also put the wire in the line up a short way.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score

how old is the house? What are the pipes made of?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think you could first do this.

Turn off water into the house.
Change out the valves that allow the water through to the pipes.
It should have internal guts on those turn off / on valves.

You can get new guts to the valves and also put the wire in the line up a short way.
I know how to turn off the water to the house. The rest of that is gobbledy-gook to me.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
just take your time and search for the shut off valves.

Some are gate valves - with a arm you move 90 degrees to turn off water source.
or
look like an outside hose turn off and on.
or
look like the same as the toilet shut off.