Anyone ever meet Jerry Jones or Stephen?

catiii

Reaction score
No, but I almost did.

A girl that I was dating was friends with a girl who married one of Jerry’s sons (I honestly can’t remember which one). My girlfriend was in the wedding and we had been planning to make the trip from Mississippi to Texas for a while. Well, not long before time for the marriage, I decided that I was wasting my time with this girl and broke up with her… not even thinking about the wedding. It was traumatic, like most break-ups.

Well, a couple of months later, she called me and had brought me Jerry’s autograph and best wishes from the wedding… so she was nice enough to do that even though I had broken up with her… or she wanted to have proof of her time mingling with the Cowboys front office and wanted me to regret missing the event. Either way, I have it around here somewhere.

What I didn’t mention to her was that the autograph that I really wanted was from Jimmy Johnson… not Jerry. Plus, that was right after my playing days, so I just knew Jerry was going to give me a tryout for the team, haha.

Alas, I broke up with crazy girl and so never got my tryout…
Eli Young Band "Crazy Girl" good song :D

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just curious if anyone out there actually met Jerry Jones or Stephen in person. How did it happen? Just a chance meeting? A charity or football event? Business meeting?

What was he like?

I thought someone mentioned in some thread that he met Jerry. Not sure who it was.
I’ve only seen him once. Giant stadium. I spoke to Jimmy that day. Phil Simms almost came back to win.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
I think Jerry would be all for drinks with common people, Stephen dosent seem like he would care to. I might be wrong but just seems like a smug person to me.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Who are you to judge what happens or not?
Are you some sort of gatekeeper?
Why be a judgmental Judy?

It was a compliment that you could think up something so funny all by yourself without the assistance of alcohol or drugs.
Gatekeeper? Judge? No, just a poor boy from Pittsburgh.

IlliniNation

Reaction score
Signed my ticket stub at a game in Indianapolis in mid 90s. Was very nice and chatted with Cowboy fans before the game.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
It was a compliment that you could think up something so funny all by yourself without the assistance of alcohol or drugs.
Gatekeeper? Judge? No, just a poor boy from Pittsburgh.
I see.
We are good then, good lad?

WinnipegBoy22

Reaction score
My brothers work travels took him to Arkansas where he met a fellow who runs Jerrys hunting lodge and who's grand parents were close friends. fast forward a number of years and my brother and i drove to Minny(we live in Winnipeg Canada) to see the Cowboys? Vikes Thursday night game. We had prime seats and on field passes for before and after the game. My brothers friend was talking on his phone to Steven and said tell the old man to get his f"En *** over here someone wants to meet him(me) and next thing i see Jerry and his bodyguard on their way over to me. We chatted for a while and i asked for a picture. I stood beside him for the picture next thing you know he's pulling me right beside him like we were best friends. Jerry also sent me a ball autographed by the entire 1999 team. Thanks for the memory Jerry. As a side note there wasn't a TV camera to be seen but as soon a Jerry came over there was seven cameras right there.

catiii

Reaction score
I think Jerry would be all for drinks with common people, Stephen dosent seem like he would care to. I might be wrong but just seems like a smug person to me.
Agreed. It's been my experience that the old money is down to earth and you'd never know it if you didn't know they were wealthy, but the younger money are the arrogant arses.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
After the draft when we drafted Woodson, I saw Jerry at St. Edwards and told him how I liked what we did in the draft.

He rewarded me a "thank you," looked down at the ground, then toward the players practicing and that's the gist of it.

Nothing to write home about, actually. I guess I couldn't really expect him to give me those $600 shoes he had on! :D

Actually, I must say I felt somewhat humbled -- I must admit, I possibly should have been dressed better, however. ;)

Last edited:

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
Did not meet Jerry but at the Titans game in 2006 we sat right below the owners box. Once people realized it was him, we started throwing stuff up there for him to sign. I have a signed Michael Irvin jersey by Jerry Jones lol. I can't stand him as a GM but as an owner/person people seem to love him.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Please dont plant anymore seeds.

How his post went 2 full pages without being scrutinized is beyond me. This poster is responsible for singlehandedly destroying the Dallas Cowboys and people are just like meh. The fact that he told it is even scarier. I wouldn't tell a soul about that story.

TexasBacon

Reaction score
I met Jerry in 2019 when Dallas played the Saints in NO. He was walking down Bourbon street with an entourage and walked right by me. I'm pretty sure I was one of the first to spot him and he reached out and shook my hand when I drunkenly yelled at him. He was drunk as Hell. That was after the 3-0 start and so there were tons of Cowboys fans in the street. His entourage kept him moving through the crowds so I couldn't get a picture.