Anyone feel bullied at times for having different opinions on the Cowboys?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do people really feel bullied by words posted on the internet by people they don’t know?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I assume when I see a new poster join with this "long time lurker" they are concerned about confrontations, not necessarily bullying.

I admit it, I like the confrontations I see here, it would be boring without it and I like it when the mods just let it roll. And I like it when they use huge colored letters for warnings, I hear Mom yelling in the background. It is silly to assume we'll all get along just because we're fans of the same team. Some of the best bruhaha's are between fans and non fans of the players. Had some legendary "Oh yeah? Your Mom's one too" just over Romo on the old DC.com site.

What makes some of them really entertaining is how implied/inferred comes into play and how far down the path either can send them. I will stay in a thread sometimes just to see how far it's going down that path.

There is one practice here that is truly childish, the threat to Ignore someone. Hell, put them on Ignore if they bother you that much, you don't threaten to do that, just do it. I had one poster take me off Ignore just so he could tell me he was putting back on Ignore. That's the feared Double Secret Ignore only he had to tell me about it, both times.

And how about the posters that really don't seem to like each other and anything can start a skirmish? Why don't they put each other on Ignore? Because they love it. They're having fun and most of the time, I am too just seeing how far they can take it.

As far as being bullied, nope. We wouldn't allow for that, wouldn't even have to get the mods involved, we'd police that ourselves. A true bully wouldn't last long here.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If that’s the word, then it strikes me that the question is unnecessary because that obviously happens a lot.
Well, as has been said, if anyone feels bullied, this may not be the place for them. Attacks happen all the time, but it's how you handle it that determines whether you feel bullied or not.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If that’s the word, then it strikes me that the question is unnecessary because that obviously happens a lot.
Yes, it does seem to escalate to an attack out of frustration. "OK, I am going to reason with you to see if I can show you the truth. Why, oh why are you too stupid to see my truth"?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, it does seem to escalate to an attack out of frustration. "OK, I am going to reason with you to see if I can show you the truth. Why, oh why are you too stupid to see my truth"?
This happens, and sometimes there is an attack from the outset. Sometimes out of frustration with a different poster than the one being attacked - lumping all posters the attacker doesn’t agree with into the same bucket.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Attacking the poster on here is very common.
Yep, sometimes it escalates to that but other times it just starts off that way and it is against the rules to carry duels across threads but I can see it coming between some. You saw it as well on the old forum you were moderating.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I admit that I get firm in an opinion at times, and probably come across as such, an opinionated *** at times..lol, but one thing still will always remain the same for nearly all posters in this forum is that regardless how polarizing opinions may be, the bottom line is that we are all Cowboys fans or we wouldn't be wasting our time here, hum... which brings me to my next point... never do crack... sorry couldn't resist,, favorite line from "The Waterboy".
So anyway, I would like to publicly apologize to anyone that I might have offended and that I always invite open subjective discussion...
:grin:
My children bought me a T shirt that says I am not arguing I am telling you why your wrong and I am right. In other words, you have an opinion and I have the facts.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t know if I should apologize in advance, but I’m pretty sure the cheeseburger I just got Is about to feel like it’s been attacked.

cern

Reaction score
I assume when I see a new poster join with this "long time lurker" they are concerned about confrontations, not necessarily bullying.

I admit it, I like the confrontations I see here, it would be boring without it and I like it when the mods just let it roll. And I like it when they use huge colored letters for warnings, I hear Mom yelling in the background. It is silly to assume we'll all get along just because we're fans of the same team. Some of the best bruhaha's are between fans and non fans of the players. Had some legendary "Oh yeah? Your Mom's one too" just over Romo on the old DC.com site.

What makes some of them really entertaining is how implied/inferred comes into play and how far down the path either can send them. I will stay in a thread sometimes just to see how far it's going down that path.

There is one practice here that is truly childish, the threat to Ignore someone. Hell, put them on Ignore if they bother you that much, you don't threaten to do that, just do it. I had one poster take me off Ignore just so he could tell me he was putting back on Ignore. That's the feared Double Secret Ignore only he had to tell me about it, both times.

And how about the posters that really don't seem to like each other and anything can start a skirmish? Why don't they put each other on Ignore? Because they love it. They're having fun and most of the time, I am too just seeing how far they can take it.

As far as being bullied, nope. We wouldn't allow for that, wouldn't even have to get the mods involved, we'd police that ourselves. A true bully wouldn't last long here.
Instigator.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I admit that I get firm in an opinion at times, and probably come across as such, an opinionated *** at times..lol, but one thing still will always remain the same for nearly all posters in this forum is that regardless how polarizing opinions may be, the bottom line is that we are all Cowboys fans or we wouldn't be wasting our time here, hum... which brings me to my next point... never do crack... sorry couldn't resist,, favorite line from "The Waterboy".
So anyway, I would like to publicly apologize to anyone that I might have offended and that I always invite open subjective discussion...
:grin:

Typhus baby--- dont think you could offend me personally...not after i saw that monster cat fish you caught

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don’t know if I should apologize in advance, but I’m pretty sure the cheeseburger I just got Is about to feel like it’s been attacked.

Omer yes you should apologize to the cheeseburger...it could not help that it just sits there looking so delicious..heheheh j/k

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have pissed off everybody on this board. But really, if you compare this board to the '90s Dallas Morning News board it is a cupcake. You put any bunch of passionate fans together and you'll have conflict, but we have to learn to state our opinion and move on.

noshame--i agree..i mean we are cowboy fans and we aint cupcakes

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dakhards usually start the name calling

I've never felt bullied Nancy boy, why do you ask? JOKING, JOKING If you are a cowboys fan anywhere besides Dallas you always get bullied a little.

we here stuff from the fans of the Eagles or the Raiders or maybe even the Giants....but we cowboy fans aint cupcakes....if i get hammered by someone maybe its their way of showing Love?...i mean what can you expect its been 25

years since we have been in a super bowl....that is a lot to ask of any fan....( from my point of view )

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Bullied? People need to toughen up and defend themselves. Bully the bullies.

ever watch the show.."Bully-beatdown"?....if you .utube it they have some episodes.....these little guys that are being bullied bad go to the MMA fighters to explain problem and with who...the MMA dude meets with bully and offers him

10,000 cash if he can last 2 rounds with him...but if he cant he has to publicly apologize to the dude he bullied...its awesome...only seen one guy last 2 rounds out of 100 episodes or so..most get serious beatdown....and they change their

ways