Anyone going to tune in to the XFL?

Big_D

Reaction score
Anyone gonna tune in? I think it was a mistake to start it the week after the Super Bowl. At that point fans need a rest from football. Would've been wiser to go from April/May to June/July. Something to that effect. Fans are a little more eager for football at that time. Just doesn't seem like the timing of it is starting things off on the right foot.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Anyone gonna tune in? I think it was a mistake to start it the week after the Super Bowl. At that point fans need a rest from football. Would've been wiser to go from April/May to June/July. Something to that effect. Fans are a little more eager for football at that time. Just doesn't seem like the timing of it is starting things off on the right foot.
I’ll check it out for sure.

Hardline

Reaction score
It's going to look weird seeing a football field where the Texas Rangers played baseball.

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
I will watch the first Renegades game to see if it reels me in, but I certainly wont be buying any merchandise or anything until I at least know this XFL 2.0 will stick around

Turtle0986

Reaction score
I am planning to check it out, wont pass on watching more football now that the Super Bowl is over and were heading into the off season

uvaballa

Reaction score
I’m watching some. Probably flip back and forth between XFL and men’s b-ball.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
The sideline interviews after every possession is downright annoying

everything else is great i like the kickoff that’s great
I'm enjoying it, although the interviews are a little much. Biggest thing for me that I like is the points after a TD. Can go 1, 2 or 3. Also the kickoffs are different with the ball has to get to the 20 or the recieving team gets it on the other 45.... like right before half

Thefeelofcotton

Mandalorian
Reaction score
Watched the Roughnecks game today and it seemed like some good football with a few rule tweaks. I'll keep watching so long as it's just football and no WWE nonsense mixed in.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I agree about the timing. I don't think the common football fan would miss football for a few weeks. That being said, I like it and think it's entertaining. I like some of the changes. As long as it doesn't get greedy, I think it will be around.
The XFL has taken heavy fire from the media. Complaining that the stadiums are too big. I get it, but if the game is entertaining, it's entertaining. You can't expect it to be built up like the NFL. But I bet you the NFL will rob some of the rules. The media is uneducated (so am I) with regard to the name of the rosters and staff, but if the games are fun to watch and they make some exciting plays, I'll be watching.

If I'm being 100% honest, the one thing I did notice was there was a boatload of turnovers.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
The low response to this thread can't be promising for the xfl look. But I will try watching it.

Blake

Reaction score
The low response to this thread can't be promising for the xfl look. But I will try watching it.

XFL did really well for its first week. I wouldn't base its success off of a single thread in a message board.

"According to John Ourand of Sports Business Journal, ESPN’s two Week 1 XFL games averaged 2.9 million viewers. Per the report, Saturday’s Seattle-DC game on ABC averaged 3.03 million viewers.

Sunday’s St. Louis-Dallas game on ESPN averaged 2.495 million viewers. But in the city of St. Louis, Missouri, the game got a 7.4 rating.

Combine those strong TV numbers with a respectable attendance figure for Seattle-DC at Audi Field, and you have a recipe for something that may be sustainable."

https://thespun.com/xfl/tv-ratings-are-in-for-espns-first-2-xfl-games