Anyone going to tune in to the XFL?

NickZepp

Reaction score
The XFL is not bad. What makes it better in some ways than the NFL are some of these rule changes. After a TD you could pretty much change the channel or turn off any NFL game because you know the PAT is good and the kickoff is going to the end zone 80% of the time or whatever it is now. So you get 5 minutes of commercial breaks. In the XFL all extra points are important because they aren't easy. Converting from the 2 isn't easy. I like that some teams are figuring out why not just go for 3 because if you make 1 out of every 3 going for 3 you make up for the other 2 you miss. But there's actually strategy in the PATs in the XFL. Kickoff rules are not only safer but they make sure that you have guys on special teams that can break through blocks. It's basically zone blocking schemes. We haven't seen any kickoffs go for TDs yet but it still makes for more strategy on kickoffs. And it's in large part about player safety.

I know it's not top NFL level players but it's still not terrible football either. The defenses have pretty decent talent for the most part. About 4 or 5 of the QBs in the league are pretty good. Walker, Cardale Jones, and Ta'Amu are all really fun to watch. There is a pretty big separation from the top 4 teams and the rest right now but most of that is because of QB play being better on those teams.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The XFL is not bad. What makes it better in some ways than the NFL are some of these rule changes. After a TD you could pretty much change the channel or turn off any NFL game because you know the PAT is good and the kickoff is going to the end zone 80% of the time or whatever it is now. So you get 5 minutes of commercial breaks. In the XFL all extra points are important because they aren't easy. Converting from the 2 isn't easy. I like that some teams are figuring out why not just go for 3 because if you make 1 out of every 3 going for 3 you make up for the other 2 you miss. But there's actually strategy in the PATs in the XFL. Kickoff rules are not only safer but they make sure that you have guys on special teams that can break through blocks. It's basically zone blocking schemes. We haven't seen any kickoffs go for TDs yet but it still makes for more strategy on kickoffs. And it's in large part about player safety.

I know it's not top NFL level players but it's still not terrible football either. The defenses have pretty decent talent for the most part. About 4 or 5 of the QBs in the league are pretty good. Walker, Cardale Jones, and Ta'Amu are all really fun to watch. There is a pretty big separation from the top 4 teams and the rest right now but most of that is because of QB play being better on those teams.
If there was a team in Hartford, I'd go check it out.

coogrfan

Reaction score
Seattle definitely should have gotten one more snap. but let's be real. The Roughnecks outscored them 32-9 over the final 2.5 qtrs. The better team won.