Anyone here own one of those automatic tire inflating gizmos?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I've seen ads for those recently, and they look intriguing. You can charge them up in your house or in your car's cigarette lighter. Then to inflate your tire, you just type in the pressure you want and press the nozzle thingie into the tire's stem, it automatically inflates it to the value you've set. If it's already at the right value, it tells you to disengage. If it's too high, it tells you.
I don't desperately need this thing. There's a service station near my house with a free-to-use tire pump. I've been inflating it with that and using a pressure gauge. However, I have to admit, I would check my tire pressure and adjust it more frequently if I had a gizmo like that. Plus, if you're not anywhere near a tire pump, you could still adjust your tire pressure. Seems like a cool thing to own. However, it's not like I don't have access to something that works. If anyone here has one of those things, I'd be interested in your impressions.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
All Discount Tires store do it for free even if you didn’t buy tires there :thumbup:

But no, I don’t carry around one of those.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We got one for my wife's car.
She has a thing about always having a tire pump on hand. It replaced the one she kept that plugged into the car.

So far pretty impressed with it.
Kids use it for their balls. It comes preset for various PSI for balls, bike tires and such. Haven't used it on a car tire yet...probably would take alittle while but handy in a pinch.

Definitely see the use for bicycle riders

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Every Quick Trip has free air too. You just need to keep a tire pressure gauge in your car.
The line is always 3 deep on cold days.

I've seen ads for those recently, and they look intriguing. You can charge them up in your house or in your car's cigarette lighter. Then to inflate your tire, you just type in the pressure you want and press the nozzle thingie into the tire's stem, it automatically inflates it to the value you've set. If it's already at the right value, it tells you to disengage. If it's too high, it tells you.
I don't desperately need this thing. There's a service station near my house with a free-to-use tire pump. I've been inflating it with that and using a pressure gauge. However, I have to admit, I would check my tire pressure and adjust it more frequently if I had a gizmo like that. Plus, if you're not anywhere near a tire pump, you could still adjust your tire pressure. Seems like a cool thing to own. However, it's not like I don't have access to something that works. If anyone here has one of those things, I'd be interested in your impressions.
I have a cheap one from Amazon. Works fine, pretty convenient. I spent $25.

Creeper

Reaction score
I have 2 of them which I keep in my car and my wife's. The ones I got are excellent although I don't remember the brand. They're all made in China.. I think they cost $26 each, My wife had a slow leak and I filled her tire about 20 times before she got a new tire. The thing still works great.

I bought a Stanley battery booster with a tire pump a long time ago. That cost me over $100 and was a total POS. For one thing the battery in it died and would not take a charge. The battery replacement cost almost as much as the entire device. Now the second battery has died in it, which I found out when my car battery died and the booster that I bought for the occasion would not jump start the car nor would it recharge.

Here in the North East when winter rolls around the cold temps lower the pressure in your tires and if you car has a tire pressure sensor, the alerts will be triggered until you fill the tires. We have to add pressure a couple of times a year so it is good to have a air pump handy.

And yes, I can set the pump to whatever pressure and let it pump until the tire reaches that pressure and then it shuts off automatically. All the gas stations around here has coin operated air pumps. I don't keep quarters on me anymore so it is a point to have 6 quarters for 2 minutes of air.

Flamma

Reaction score
I have a really cheap one. I bought it for like 20 bucks. I keep it in the trunk. This way if I ever get that indicator that a tire is low, I don't have to go or stop at any particular location. I just do as you described.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I have a really cheap one. I bought it for like 20 bucks. I keep it in the trunk. This way if I ever get that indicator that a tire is low, I don't have to go or stop at any particular location. I just do as you described.
I'm going to get one of these babies. I'll keep my tires more consistently inflated with that. There's a service station with free air near where I live, but there's always a monster wind that cuts right through you, so I'm reluctant to do it.

Flamma

Reaction score
I'm going to get one of these babies. I'll keep my tires more consistently inflated with that. There's a service station with free air near where I live, but there's always a monster wind that cuts right through you, so I'm reluctant to do it.
Just remember this if you get a cheap one. They heat up quickly. If you put about 10-15 PSI in a wheel, let it rest for 5-10 minutes before moving on to the next.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Just remember this if you get a cheap one. They heat up quickly. If you put about 10-15 PSI in a wheel, let it rest for 5-10 minutes before moving on to the next.
I'll probably invest in a higher end one. It gets insanely cold here in Omaha. A couple weeks ago it was -17. I might even keep it in my apartment during winter and just keep taking it out to the car. After our lovely subzero weather, I had to jumpstart my car.

Flamma

Reaction score
I'll probably invest in a higher end one. It gets insanely cold here in Omaha. A couple weeks ago it was -17. I might even keep it in my apartment during winter and just keep taking it out to the car. After our lovely subzero weather, I had to jumpstart my car.
WoW, that's cold. You should get an EV. I heard they are great in cold temps. :)