Anyone interested in Marcus Mariota?

CWR

Reaction score
So let’s say this Dak situation just goes completely side ways and we gotta bring someone in. Anyone thing Mariota might be able to do similar things with the cowboys cast? Maybe a new chapter in his book could turn him around. I’d be more for that than say Keenum, Winston etc.

Id rather take a shot on Winston or use Phillip Rivers, Cam ect as a bridge. I agree that Mariota would have better potential than a 30 something Keenum.

garyv

Reaction score
So let’s say this Dak situation just goes completely side ways and we gotta bring someone in. Anyone thing Mariota might be able to do similar things with the cowboys cast? Maybe a new chapter in his book could turn him around. I’d be more for that than say Keenum, Winston etc.

Like him better than Cooper Rush

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It all comes down to price.

Mariota at 12million > Dak at 35 but Mariota at 25 < than Dak at 35.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Marcus Mariota 1st 2 years : 45 TD, 19 INT, 94 Rating
Dak Prescott 1st 2 years : 45 TD, 17 INT, 96 Rating

ladies and gentlemen, the vastly superior (in the minds of Dak slobberers) Dak Prescott.

Mariota protects the football a lot like Dak and he is more mobile then Dak.

I do think Dak is better but I don't think Mariota in our starting lineup would make us a worse football team as far as our potential win loss record.

InTheZone

Reaction score
for 20 mil or less a season and we still draft a guy? yes

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Nope.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Mariota protects the football a lot like Dak and he is more mobile then Dak.

I do think Dak is better but I don't think Mariota in our starting lineup would make us a worse football team as far as our potential win loss record.
He would fit in just fine, after a few weeks nobody would remember Dak’s name. Wouldn’t even need to attend training camp, just show him a video of Dak handing off to Zeke and standing in the pocket all by himself throwing to wide open guys. Mariota also played his best when he had strong offensive line play and running game.

CowboyDAK

Reaction score
He would fit in just fine, after a few weeks nobody would remember Dak’s name. Wouldn’t even need to attend training camp, just show him a video of Dak handing off to Zeke and standing in the pocket all by himself throwing to wide open guys. Mariota also played his best when he had strong offensive line play and running game.

I think they have very similar qualities and I definitely would take him <20 mil over a 35+ Mil Dak.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Marriota would be a good backup, but with Rush holding 2.1M doubt we see Marcus.

blueblood70

Reaction score

yes if we were in need of a starter for the start of the season because daks holding out or for a crazy scenario he holds out AND DEMANDS A TRADE , YES..

Hes on the list because I believe with pollard/Zeke in pass and run game, good oline, decent weapons , Mariotta with MM and KM help him get back on track, he can be the next Tannehill and feel some sort pride in a resurgence like RT did to him..