anyone like wrestling?

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
i watched the tna pay per view slammiversary seven last night. easily the best ppv i've seen in years, far far superior to the nonsense wwe has been producing recently. looking forward to january when they tour over here again. we went this year and had a great night, again better than wwe house shows i've been to. anyway i would urge anyone who's a fan of wrestling to watch this ppv if you haven't already.

ps yes i know its pre-determined :D

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
daschoo;2821821 said:
i watched the tna pay per view slammiversary seven last night. easily the best ppv i've seen in years, far far superior to the nonsense wwe has been producing recently. looking forward to january when they tour over here again. we went this year and had a great night, again better than wwe house shows i've been to. anyway i would urge anyone who's a fan of wrestling to watch this ppv if you haven't already.

ps yes i know its pre-determined :D

I've tried watching TNA but for me it's unwatchable. When your big stars are all 50 yr old WWE rejects it's not a good thing. The few young stars they have aren't worth a crap either. I'm not saying the WWE is all that great but at least they aren't using old washed up talent. Since the WCW was bought out wrestling is nothing but crap.

Duane

Reaction score
The old ECW was my favorite. Guys like Sandman, Sabu, Tommy Dreamer, etc... weren't physical freaks but put on a great show.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2821838 said:
I've tried watching TNA but for me it's unwatchable. When your big stars are all 50 yr old WWE rejects it's not a good thing. The few young stars they have aren't worth a crap either. I'm not saying the WWE is all that great but at least they aren't using old washed up talent. Since the WCW was bought out wrestling is nothing but crap.

one of the best matches i've seen. involves three guys who i certainly only know through their work in tna

[youtube]Ne-DffkzFHw[/youtube]
[youtube]fGy2C4KO250&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube]Qj78XYC2tCs&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube]Vyeim3uw2dc&feature=related[/youtube]

i would also say that angle is still probably the best performer in the business at the moment. the tag division in tna is also excellent with beer money, l.a.x., the motor city machine guns, british invasion, and lethal consequences complimenting team 3d

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I used to watch it. Will every now and then. Its just gotten so horrible, its hard to stay entertained.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I used to like it back when I was a kid. I always rooted for the villians, though.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
If I had one complaint about TNA it would be that they try a little too much. The dialog that I have seen is 99% about some great injustice done from one wrestler to another and the wronged wrestler is hell bent on setting the world straight.

And some of the moves are stretching it, even for wrestling. The whole appeal of wrestling is that you want to think its real even though you know its not. Any little kid will tell you its real.

Heck, this guy might too..

[youtube]BvTNyKIGXiI[/youtube]

But some of the moves I've seen on that show are just too ridiculous. Some of them require so much set-up that it actually kills the flow of the match.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2821940 said:
I used to watch it. Will every now and then. Its just gotten so horrible, its hard to stay entertained.
that's how I feel too.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It ain't what it used to be.......too much glam.........if that's even possible in that sport.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Sarge;2822217 said:
It ain't what it used to be.......too much glam.........if that's even possible in that sport.

You know you are old when you remember when they used to actually wrestle not run there mouths for two hours.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
My favorite growing up....

http://i69.***BLOCKED***/albums/i55/jobber23/Hall%20Of%20Fame/jayhof.png

And then I found out he was Italian...

So much for my childhood impressions.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2822665 said:
My favorite growing up....

http://i69.***BLOCKED***/albums/i55/jobber23/Hall%20Of%20Fame/jayhof.png

And then I found out he was Italian...

So much for my childhood impressions.

he wasn't italian - he was Choctaw-Chickasaw American Indian

Born 1938 in Bernice, OK.

He played for the Oilers-Broncos-Jets and Dolphins in the AFL

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Dallas;2822686 said:
he wasn't italian - he was Choctaw-Chickasaw American Indian

Born 1938 in Bernice, OK.

He played for the Oilers-Broncos-Jets and Dolphins in the AFL

That's a picture of Chief Jay Strongbow, not Wahoo McDaniel.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2822694 said:
That's a picture of Chief Jay Strongbow, not Wahoo McDaniel.

Oh

My bad. All us indians look alike when we have our Chief hats on, you know? :D

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Dallas;2822702 said:
Oh

My bad. All us indians look alike when we have our Chief hats on, you know? :D

Hey, I'm part choctaw. I should be able to recognize one of my homies.

I'm a real mixed bag. :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I still enjoy wrestling. There are certain wrestlers I genuinely enjoy, but they are disappearing more and more.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
WWE Smackdown is the best wrestling show imo. Having Jericho, Mysterio, CM Punk, Edge and Jeff Hardy at the top of the card pretty much guarantees you'll get high quality matches on tv and PPV.

ECW has a lot of up and coming talent

With the exception of Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle TNA is too much like WCW circa 2000 with everybody pushing 50 years old. Sting? Mick Foley? Kevin Nash and Booker T?

I like Christopher Daniels and AJ Styles but the WWE roster has more talent imo.

Maybe if it was 1998...

One thing I will say is that TNA has a credible tag division something the WWE has more or less neglected as of late.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Hostile;2822715 said:
I still enjoy wrestling. There are certain wrestlers I genuinely enjoy, but they are disappearing more and more.
Out of curiosity, who are they?