anyone like wrestling?

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Hostile;2822715 said:
I still enjoy wrestling. There are certain wrestlers I genuinely enjoy, but they are disappearing more and more.

Gawd, I miss Rowdy Roddy Piper... :D

Another favorite was the Undertaker, in his biker persona... I remember he delivered the greatest line on Kurt Angle, when he said "I'm gonna walk down there and kick your teeth so far down your throat, you'll be able to chew your own *** out for pissin' me off"...

Now, that's STYLE...

Hoofbite

Reaction score
silverbear;2823013 said:
Gawd, I miss Rowdy Roddy Piper... :D

Another favorite was the Undertaker, in his biker persona... I remember he delivered the greatest line on Kurt Angle, when he said "I'm gonna walk down there and kick your teeth so far down your throat, you'll be able to chew your own *** out for pissin' me off"...

Now, that's STYLE...

The biker persona was alright. Personally, I like him as he currently is. Think it has more to do with the Tombstone than anything. That powerbomb he used to do just wasn't that cool.

On the flip side, the worst thing they ever did with his character was to give him a submission move.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Up until about....oh...3 years ago I watched every WWE show every single week. I used to watch all the WCW ones before they went out of business as well.

When I was a kid I loved both them and prior to just WCW the NWA as a whole.

But in the last 3 years I don't watch more than 5 minutes or so at a passing glance of WWE. I really don't bother with TNA much at all, occassionally for a few minutes here and there.

There are still guys I enjoy listening to on the mic or seeing wrestle but there isn't as many as there used to be.

I did go to Mania this year, in Houston, simply cause me and my best friend Joe have always said a Superbowl and Mania were two events we had to go to at some point in our lives.

1 down and 1 to go.

2011 here we come!!!!

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
the only thing i actually enjoy on raw at the moment is the miz and even then thats only a five minute max promo section. don't tend to watch ecw every week but smackdown tends to have some good matches. i usualy only watch raw and smackdown sat at my desk in work on dailymotion to pass the time. impact on the other hand i will set aside the hour and a half to watch it and me and my mates always watch the ppvs and get a few beers in. the time suits us better for tna as well because the first time the tna ppvs are broadcast over here is on the wednesday after the event at 9pm whereas wwe we get live meaning they don't start till 1am on a sunday which isn't much use if you have work on the monday. this basically means we only have a handful of folk watching them live apart from mania when we'll all make sure to have the monday off.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hostile;2822715 said:
I still enjoy wrestling. There are certain wrestlers I genuinely enjoy, but they are disappearing more and more.

I have to go with this...

I still watch RAW - but normally about 1/2 the show.

Those that I like:

HBK - Shawn Michaels
Jericho
Undertaker
Randy Orton - perfect heel
William Regal - great technical wrestler - needs a push before retiring

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I used to like Randy Savage, Tony Atlas, Brett Hart, and going WAY back, Ernie Ladd and Dominick Denucci. Yep, I'm old.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
daschoo;2823293 said:
the only thing i actually enjoy on raw at the moment is the miz and even then thats only a five minute max promo section. don't tend to watch ecw every week but smackdown tends to have some good matches. i usualy only watch raw and smackdown sat at my desk in work on dailymotion to pass the time. impact on the other hand i will set aside the hour and a half to watch it and me and my mates always watch the ppvs and get a few beers in. the time suits us better for tna as well because the first time the tna ppvs are broadcast over here is on the wednesday after the event at 9pm whereas wwe we get live meaning they don't start till 1am on a sunday which isn't much use if you have work on the monday. this basically means we only have a handful of folk watching them live apart from mania when we'll all make sure to have the monday off.

I can't take the Miz seriously as a wrestler knowing how he became famous....The Real World on MTV.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2823690 said:
I can't take the Miz seriously as a wrestler knowing how he became famous....The Real World on MTV.

i hated him when he started but the last year him and morrison were an excelent tag team and while he was undoubtedly the poorer of the two in ring he proved himself a lot more capble than most, myself included, gave him credit for. since going to raw and singling out cena he has been very entertaining on the mic, partly because he for some reason has been allowed to say what a large proportion of wrestling fans are thinking in regards cena. hopefully tommorow night wwe allow the storyline to progress and boost his career by having him win through either cheating or dq rather than the 3 minute squash job i'm expecting which will do nothing for miz or cena and make the last two months look a complete waste of time. as it stands at the moment the segments with the miz are probably the highlights for me on raw which i think tells you how far that particular show has slumped.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
daschoo;2823788 said:
i hated him when he started but the last year him and morrison were an excelent tag team and while he was undoubtedly the poorer of the two in ring he proved himself a lot more capble than most, myself included, gave him credit for. since going to raw and singling out cena he has been very entertaining on the mic, partly because he for some reason has been allowed to say what a large proportion of wrestling fans are thinking in regards cena. hopefully tommorow night wwe allow the storyline to progress and boost his career by having him win through either cheating or dq rather than the 3 minute squash job i'm expecting which will do nothing for miz or cena and make the last two months look a complete waste of time. as it stands at the moment the segments with the miz are probably the highlights for me on raw which i think tells you how far that particular show has slumped.

The WWE has been on a steady decline since Vince bought the competition and The Rock and Stone Cold left but too me it's still better than TNA. I'm a big Jeff Jarrett fan because he started in my local area I live in but I don't like any of his wrestlers.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
windward;2822945 said:
Out of curiosity, who are they?
In no particular order...

The Undertaker, John Morrison, MVP, John Cena, Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle, Edge, Batista, HHH, Sting, Randy Orton, and CM Punk.

My all time favorites were the Road Warriors. Especially when they came to the ring to Iron Man by Black Sabbath and just destroyed people. Was very sad when they made Hawk a joke and then when he died.

Single wrestler, Undertaker is my favorite followed closely by Randy Macho Man Savage whom I have met. Very cool guy. I did some celebrity impersonations for a radio station and he was one. They had me do my impersonation of him for him. He loved it. Said it was the best he's ever heard. I was flattered but I doubt that was true.

Jericho is a great heel. One of my favorites.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's all about THE GAME.

Anyone else holding the belt proves wrestling is fake. :D

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2821838 said:
I've tried watching TNA but for me it's unwatchable. When your big stars are all 50 yr old WWE rejects it's not a good thing. The few young stars they have aren't worth a crap either. I'm not saying the WWE is all that great but at least they aren't using old washed up talent. Since the WCW was bought out wrestling is nothing but crap.

Humph, I seem to recall wrestlers recently on Raw such as

Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, Jerry Lawler, Undertaker, all of these are in their mid 40s to early 60 (ric) even HHH is 40...

You're prob thinking Sting is old heck he's same age as HHH, and he's not a WWE reject, he refused to sign with WWE, which btw they offered him a larger contract than Hulk Hogan and the Rock were still there...

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
jksmith269;2823872 said:
Humph, I seem to recall wrestlers recently on Raw such as

Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, Jerry Lawler, Undertaker, all of these are in their mid 40s to early 60 (ric) even HHH is 40...

You're prob thinking Sting is old heck he's same age as HHH, and he's not a WWE reject, he refused to sign with WWE, which btw they offered him a larger contract than Hulk Hogan and the Rock were still there...

hhh will turn 40 next month. Sting turned 50 in March.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Growing up and up until about 3 years ago my all time favorite was Hulk Hogan. I just thought he was great. I still do, to some extent, but he was finally surpassed as my all time favorite by Shawn Michaels.

Michaels, to me, is the complete package. He can talk on the mic, he can wrestle technically, fly, brawl, all of it and make it look great. He can have an entertaining and exciting match with absolutely anyone.

The absolute best match I've ever seen in person, in my entire life, was at Mania this year between him and Taker. That was just absolutely amazing.

After Michaels my favorites are Austin, The Rock, Hogan, Foley, Flair, HHH, Jericho, Angle, Rhodes, Taker, Macho Man, along with a bunch of others. But HBK definately stands head and shoulders above them all.

Though I still think Ric Flair, especially in the old NWA and early WCW days, was the picture of a perfect heel. He was just flat out amazing as the heel champion.

I still think the best match I've ever seen, overall, was HBK vs. Bret Hart in the Ironman. That match was just absolutely classic.

Section446

Reaction score
Rampage;2823932 said:
yeah man. Kevin Nash(Diesel) is gonna turn 50 next month too.

Ric Flair is 60 and the undertaker is 44.
Wow, time just flies. I can remember when the Undertaker and Kevin Nash made their debuts.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2824110 said:
Growing up and up until about 3 years ago my all time favorite was Hulk Hogan. I just thought he was great. I still do, to some extent, but he was finally surpassed as my all time favorite by Shawn Michaels.

Michaels, to me, is the complete package. He can talk on the mic, he can wrestle technically, fly, brawl, all of it and make it look great. He can have an entertaining and exciting match with absolutely anyone.

The absolute best match I've ever seen in person, in my entire life, was at Mania this year between him and Taker. That was just absolutely amazing.

After Michaels my favorites are Austin, The Rock, Hogan, Foley, Flair, HHH, Jericho, Angle, Rhodes, Taker, Macho Man, along with a bunch of others. But HBK definately stands head and shoulders above them all.

Though I still think Ric Flair, especially in the old NWA and early WCW days, was the picture of a perfect heel. He was just flat out amazing as the heel champion.

I still think the best match I've ever seen, overall, was HBK vs. Bret Hart in the Ironman. That match was just absolutely classic.
He is my least favorite wrestler ever.