Anyone miss Byron Jones?

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I don’t miss him, but Byron Jones and Diggs would be a nasty tandem in the secondary.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I liked Byron Jones.. Not his fault that he didn't have any INTs. He was coached badly and not taught incorrectly how to play corner. I bet that if he was still here this coaching staff will turn him into a ball hawk. Look at what they did with Anthony Brown.

I think a lot of that is true but I don’t think Byron had great cornerback instincts. Can you think of anytime he actual anticipated a route and jumped it the way Brown did last week? Jones’ best trait was being able to shadow receivers to the extent that he made for tight throwing windows for QBs.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
I think a lot of that is true but I don’t think Byron had great cornerback instincts. Can you think of anytime he actual anticipated a route and jumped it the way Brown did last week? Jones’ best trait was being able to shadow receivers to the extent that he made for tight throwing windows for QBs.
This is what I agree and I don’t know why people overrated him.

Because he shadowed the wr, the QB most of the time just made one less read before receiving the snap that resulted in other secondary players being picked on that weren’t good and less time for QB to hold on to the ball for sacks and hurried throws.

When Jones was tested, the results were everything but a turnover. Diggs does allow space and try to bait qbs, but it helps the defense more because the qb would hold onto the ball longer and secondary players get a fair share of targets.