Anyone miss Byron Jones?

kskboys

Reaction score
Byron was a RKG for JG...he had a great year before he left but I can honestly say I never saw him as a shutdown corner...I have no idea how he is doing now, its like I never heard about him again.
Well, Phins fans are complaining and he allowed the highest YPC of all starting CBs last year.

kskboys

Reaction score
yeah with that said, i do miss him. and would like to see him paired with diggs. would have loved to have jaylon's contract go to byron.
Would've been even better to see it go to Reader.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
No.

We gave that defense a chance.

Young, fast, and the big hit against Byron - able to create turnovers.

This is what is going to give us the best chance to win it all.

DanA

Reaction score
I know I don’t !

Dude couldnt couldn’t catch a pass if his life depended on it

hated seeing him batting down passes and not even trying

If you’re asking do I wish we gave Jaylon/Browns money (combined) to Byron Jones then the answer is an emphatic yes, I wish we did.

Diggs/B.Jones as outside corners with this group and we might just have the no.1 defense in the league. I wish we re-signed him.

kskboys

Reaction score
If you’re asking do I wish we gave Jaylon/Browns money (combined) to Byron Jones then the answer is an emphatic yes, I wish we did.

Diggs/B.Jones as outside corners with this group and we might just have the no.1 defense in the league. I wish we re-signed him.
Why not give it to a better player? Man, have you seen the effect Osa has on our D?

The Natural

Reaction score
And even AB is starting to improve.

Especially the last 3 games.

Trevon Diggs making his unit better. This is what we dont get with so called elite cover guys that dont make plays like Byron, they dont raise the bar. Everybody sees Diggs doing his thing and they want in.

Reactions: BAT

Daillest88

Reaction score
Anthony brown has been impressive. Toney had some very tough catches against him. Great coverage. I see the corner improving through our the year. This defense gonna take it up a couple notches before we get to the playoffs. Momentum baby

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Trevon Diggs making his unit better. This is what we dont get with so called elite cover guys that dont make plays like Byron, they dont raise the bar. Everybody sees Diggs doing his thing and they want in.

I don’t think Diggs makes Brown better. The team’s offense makes opposing team’s offenses predictable by putting up big leads and makes them one dimensional (passing).

DanA

Reaction score
We already said that. Overpaying average players is a bad idea no matter who it is. We'd have been much better paying DJ Reader.

I don't think he's an average player, he's just on an average team. I think he could again be a pro-bowler on this team. In saying that, I don't think he's worth 16m a season and I'd have rather paid Shaq Griffin and Javon Hargraves but these plenty of what if's that we could go down.

Tussinman

Reaction score
I don't think he's an average player, he's just on an average team. I think he could again be a pro-bowler on this team. In saying that, I don't think he's worth 16m a season and I'd have rather paid Shaq Griffin and Javon Hargraves but these plenty of what if's that we could go down.
Agreed. The average NFL corner is someone like Chidobe Awuzie, Byron is signficantly better than that and paired with Diggs would be a top 5 cornerback duo in the league. Especially with the front 7 getting better along with coaching.