Anyone see this yet?!?

ladiewolve

Reaction score
Dancing on the Star: Starring Tank, T.O., and a guy named Rock

By MJD

ept_sports_nfl_experts-157598959-1222717069.jpg
After the Commanders won the final game they'll ever play in Texas Stadium, Commanders running back Rock Cartwright pulled a page out of the Terrell Owens playbook and celebrated in the middle of the big blue star at midfield. Cartwright's grand contribution to the Commanders win was three kick returns for 71 yards. Dallas defensive tackle Tank Johnson didn't care for it, and, says Jason La Canfora of the Commanders Insider, had to be restrained from laying the smackdown on the Rock.

"This is how it is. When you win, you win with class. When you lose, you lose with class," Johnson said. "One of their guys, Cartwright, took it upon himself to celebrate on our star.
"It's the fourth game of the season. No one has accomplished anything but a win. That's just disrespectful and I don't think we'd do that to them. And I'm surprised he did that to us."
Oh. So I assume Tank has had this same talk with Terrell Owens, then?
I guess I agree with Tank that it was sort of a bush league move for Cartwright, of all people, to make a show of celebrating on the big blue star, but I also don't know when the Dallas Cowboys were appointed the arbiters of class. Especially when there's a fellow on their roster who invented the practice in question.
I'm not one who's going to get all worked up about the desecration of a piece of turf with blue paint on it, but I understand that it might mean more to the Cowboys and their fans. From my perspective, the big injustice here is that someone held Tank Johnson back. A post-game brawl would've really brightened my day.
Related: Terrell Owens, Dallas Cowboys, Washington Commanders

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
read about it on here

dancing on someone's logo after the game ends is kind of lame

doing it after a TD deserves a pissed off response from me, I'm just meh about the whole thing now

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Good. One more thing to be mad about. I'm glad they restrained him though. He doesn't need to be involved in anything like that. Where's George Teague when you need him?

ladiewolve

Reaction score
jobberone;2300795 said:
Good. One more thing to be mad about. I'm glad they restrained him though. He doesn't need to be involved in anything like that. Where's George Teague when you need him?

No kidding...:laugh2:

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
We need to keep good ole Willie Blade hidden in a treasure chest on the sidelines at all times, ready to shart on anyone who opposes the star.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Good, I hope every single player watched Cartwrigh "dance on the star".

Maybe next time they will play like they give a dam.

It is like my old high school football coach would say, "if you dont want the other team trash talking and celebrating after the game, do something about it during the game".

Like freaking Wade would ever tell our players that......LOL!!!

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
Wade to the players: "You know... I'll bet that Cartwright family sure does make a swell mess-uh-food. You know what I like to do guys? You ever take some good ol' baked taters and... and dip them in some Mama's Mustard Sauce?"

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Don't you worry, better believe when we role into Washington we'll dismantle them for that. Someone needs to get pissed off on this team and hit someone. I'm getting sick of these guys looking like they are chasing greased pigs. Wade needs to crack a whip on the good ole fundamentals this week to humble these guys and make them hungry. Not sure what the odds are of it happening though.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
xWraithx;2300814 said:
Wade to the players: "You know... I'll bet that Cartwright family sure does make a swell mess-uh-food. You know what I like to do guys? You ever take some good ol' baked taters and... and dip them in some Mama's Mustard Sauce?"

Wade: aww shucks. him dancing on the star is on me. We are 3-1 with people disrespecting the star... Last week when someone disrespected the star noone was complaining, but now that we lose everyones complaining...

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
To me, this is their "growth" area this year. If they come to Washington asleep, then I will have my answer as to what steps this team has taken. I have a feeling that they won't forget the 28th, though.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I don't know who restrained Tank, but that person ought to be pimp slapped.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2300954 said:
I don't know who restrained Tank, but that person ought to be pimp slapped.

The way the boys played on Sunday they have no right getting upset over what anyone does at our home field. Until they play with more emotion and heart they should get the star taken off their helmet.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2300957 said:
The way the boys played on Sunday they have no right getting upset over what anyone does at our home field. Until they play with more emotion and heart they should get the star taken off their helmet.
I totally disagree with that. Every offensive word of it.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

I actually agree. If Tank doesn't want someone standing on, or dancing on, the star after a victory in our house then he and the rest of the defense need to find a better way to do their jobs and prevent that sort of victory from happening. Then he won't have to worry about anyone doing that.

ladiewolve

Reaction score

Sure they have a right to get offended! As a fan I'm offended! I wouldn't like to see the boys do that on another teams field either. In fact you can bet your bottom dollar if any Dallas Cowboy had done that on an away game they would be getting fined over it. Felt the same way when they giants threw the ball at our play clock so hard it almost broke. Totally no class what so ever!:bang2:

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
ladiewolve;2301027 said:
Sure they have a right to get offended! As a fan I'm offended! I wouldn't like to see the boys do that on another teams field either. In fact you can bet your bottom dollar if any Dallas Cowboy had done that on an away game they would be getting fined over it. Felt the same way when they giants threw the ball at our play clock so hard it almost broke. Totally no class what so ever!:bang2:

To the victor go the spoils. You can't complain if you don't win. The winners dictate everything the loser gets the short end of the stick no matter what. Just like when the Pats did lights out after the beat the Chargers. What right do you have to complain when you're the loser.

ladiewolve

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2301032 said:
To the victor go the spoils. You can't complain if you don't win. The winners dictate everything the loser gets the short end of the stick no matter what. Just like when the Pats did lights out after the beat the Chargers. What right do you have to complain when you're the loser.

Are you serious? I'm mean are you really serious?