Anyone see this yet?!?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
ladiewolve;2300786 said:
This is how it is. When you win, you win with class. When you lose, you lose with class," Johnson said. "One of their guys, Cartwright, took it upon himself to celebrate on our star.

"It's the fourth game of the season. No one has accomplished anything but a win. That's just disrespectful and I don't think we'd do that to them. And I'm surprised he did that to us."​

Tank's response really overrides this non-story.
Classic case of Skins thinking they won the SB... except
they usually accomplish things like this in preseason. lol

For the record... I do expect us to deliver a butt whooping when we go FEDTEX stadium.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
ladiewolve;2301187 said:
I sure can. What I mean is I don't see how you think it's ok because we lost the game. I don't understand the phrase they "deserve it". I dont understand the phrase "they should lose the star on their helmet" I hated the loss just as much as the next person, and I know they didn't play as well as I know they can.
Sure , I understand some of it was bad play calls, for example we seem to aborted the running game. All that aside, I know there will be bad days. Days I felt they could of done better. But as a fan of many years , I could never feel the way you do.
I will never think it's ok for any team win or lose. It's totally classless and disrespectful , and I would not want to see the Cowboys do it on and away game after a win on someone else's turf either.

I guess we can agree to disagree huh?

I think you misunderstood what I am saying. I am upset about the loss and I hate seeing us lose . However the way the played on Sunday is just disgraceful. They came out flat and played terrible and didn't do what it took to win that game. Also in losing they can't be upset about how the winners celebrate because of their horrible play and lack of passion its a little to late after the game to be getting and people faces and be mad and upset. They should have their stars taken off their helmets off their helmets. The star shouldn't be put on players that come out and play with out passion. Their is so much history behind the star such greatness involved in this franchise and within against our rivals they come up soft get torched show no passion or emotion.

Then Tank has the nerve and audacity to get upset after the game and come up with some bull**** excuses as to way Clinton ports averaged about 6 YPC. I could beat you a hundred bucks if we won that game Cartwright wouldn't be dancing on the star. It's rather silly for Tank to complain when he didn't even register a tackle that game.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2301133 said:
It is ??? I thought Wade's 3-4 was more aggressive and our plays are supposed to shot Gaps and etc etc etc....when did BP 3-4 come back to town.

Do you understand the position?

ladiewolve

Reaction score
kojak;2301198 said:
Nah sis. When we beat the Commanders in Washington I want to see Tank Johnson squat on the Commander at midfield and take a crap on it.:laugh2:
Oh brother.....Meet my real life brother. I can actually believe he feels that way too. He has never forgiven T.O. for doing it...even now. He tells me he will root for him because he is on the team. But he has not been forgiven.
Heck his screen saver on his computer shows Teague knocking T.O. off the star.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
I thought that was the funiest thing when TO did that. Lol. I love Dallas but that was a funny move :) And yes, I know I am alone in that feeling.

And again, yes; I love when Teague knocked him on his arse as well.

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
ladiewolve;2301238 said:
Oh brother.....Meet my real life brother. I can actually believe he feels that way too. He has never forgiven T.O. for doing it...even now. He tells me he will root for him because he is on the team. But he has not been forgiven.
Heck his screen saver on his computer shows Teague knocking T.O. off the star.

Hey I am getting better. I went from calling him B.O. at first and now I call him "the player":lmao:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why is this even being discussed? I remember reading many times on the forum that it's okay for a player to disrespect the symbol of an NFL franchise within that team's home stadium. No harm no foul...

...right?

ladiewolve

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2301220 said:
I think you misunderstood what I am saying. I am upset about the loss and I hate seeing us lose . However the way the played on Sunday is just disgraceful. They came out flat and played terrible and didn't do what it took to win that game. Also in losing they can't be upset about how the winners celebrate because of their horrible play and lack of passion its a little to late after the game to be getting and people faces and be mad and upset. They should have their stars taken off their helmets off their helmets. The star shouldn't be put on players that come out and play with out passion. Their is so much history behind the star such greatness involved in this franchise and within against our rivals they come up soft get torched show no passion or emotion.

Then Tank has the nerve and audacity to get upset after the game and come up with some bull**** excuses as to way Clinton ports averaged about 6 YPC. I could beat you a hundred bucks if we won that game Cartwright wouldn't be dancing on the star. It's rather silly for Tank to complain when he didn't even register a tackle that game.

I understand the passion behind what you are saying. I really do. I guess for me ....well my rose colored glasses are still perched on the bridge of my nose.:laugh2:

ladiewolve

Reaction score
kojak;2301256 said:
Hey I am getting better. I went from calling him B.O. at first and now I call him "the player":lmao:
Oh yeah...I had forgotten about that..lol

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
DallasEast;2301281 said:
Why is this even being discussed? I remember reading many times on the forum that it's okay for a player to disrespect the symbol of an NFL franchise within that team's home stadium. No harm no foul...

...right?

I'm pretty sure our home stadium was already disrespected with that bull**** effort our defense put out.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DaBoys4Life;2301299 said:
I'm pretty sure our home stadium was already disrespected with that bull**** effort our defense put out.
Correction. It was the whole team, from the coaches down, who turned in a poor effort Sunday. However, NFL teams have been experiencing bad games since... well... the creation of the National Football League.

Let's not get this confused or twisted. Again: "why is this even being discussed? I remember reading many times on the forum that it's okay for a player to disrespect the symbol of an NFL franchise within that team's home stadium. No harm no foul...

...right?"

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
DallasEast;2301314 said:
Correction. It was the whole team, from the coaches down, who turned in a poor effort Sunday. However, NFL teams have been experiencing bad games since... well... the creation of the National Football League.

Let's not get this confused or twisted. Again: "why is this even being discussed? I remember reading many times on the forum that it's okay for a player to disrespect the symbol of an NFL franchise within that team's home stadium. No harm no foul...

...right?"

Well we have an elite offense and were just waiting and expecting our defense to take the next step. However it seems as if they won't make that next step.

To the victor goes the spoils if you don't won't people to celebrate at your home then win.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DaBoys4Life;2301326 said:
Well we have an elite offense and were just waiting and expecting our defense to take the next step. However it seems as if they won't make that next step.

To the victor goes the spoils if you don't won't people to celebrate at your home then win.
You don't disrepect your opponent simply because you won at their stadium. Or at least that used to be the unwritten rule for decades. You simply win and go home. Sometimes you kick butt and then go home, but it's still the same thing.

I'm waiting for these examples of individual disrespect to filter down to the high schools. Children tend to mimic their elders. Eventually, some high school player will trot out to the middle of an opponent's stadium and copy what he has seen his NFL idols do.

Maybe, the opposing team, crowd, etc., will overlook the nonsense.

Maybe, a riot might break out.

Who knows? The important thing to remember is that it's not that professional football player's fault for setting a bad example. It's the opposing team's fault for losing the game and thus 'asking' for that player to do exactly what he didn't have to do...

...right?

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
DallasEast;2301383 said:
You don't disrepect your opponent simply because you won at their stadium. Or at least that used to be the unwritten rule for decades. You simply win and go home. Sometimes you kick butt and then go home, but it's still the same thing.

I'm waiting for these examples of individual disrespect to filter down to the high schools. Children tend to mimic their elders. Eventually, some high school player will trot out to the middle of an opponent's stadium and copy what he has seen his NFL idols do.

Maybe, the opposing team, crowd, etc., will overlook the nonsense.

Maybe, a riot might break out.

Who knows? The important thing to remember is that it's not that professional football player's fault for setting a bad example. It's the opposing team's fault for losing the game and thus asking for that player to do exactly what he didn't have to do...

...right?

You also don't go for it on 4th down nor do you run up the score in the 4th quarter already up by 30 points. I also should be able to walk down the street and not worry if my shirt is the wrong color but it is what it is.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DaBoys4Life;2301387 said:
You also don't go for it on 4th down nor do you run up the score in the 4th quarter already up by 30 points. I also should be able to walk down the street and not worry if my shirt is the wrong color but hey times change.
Stucco.

Okay. Got work to do.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2301387 said:
You also don't go for it on 4th down nor do you run up the score in the 4th quarter already up by 30 points. I also should be able to walk down the street and not worry if my shirt is the wrong color but it is what it is.
Why change the subject?

You couldn't defend the point he made?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DaBoys4Life;2301403 said:
Wasn't trying to change the subject I'm just saying.
Yes. You were saying that the team lost and thus "gave him permission" to do what he did.

Tell me this. If the team loses again at home (and it may happen eventually, but hopefully not during the playoffs), what else do you feel is acceptable behavior from a player from an opposing team inside another team's stadium? I've asked this question before (not to you, of course), but never really get a straight answer back.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DallasEast;2301423 said:
Yes. You were saying that the team lost and thus "gave him permission" to do what he did.

Tell me this. When the team may lose again at home (and it may happen eventually, but hopefully not during the playoffs), what else do you feel is acceptable behavior from a player from an opposing team inside another team's stadium? I've asked this question before (not to you, of course), but never really get a straight answer back.
That line of thinking just baffles me. So glad he isn't a football coach.