Anyone seen a downloadable version of the game?

vlad

Reaction score
I know a lot of people are complaining about using a torrent but I disagree. Obviously loading it onto some file sharing like megaupload site would be cool, but thats a big *** file, and once the torrent gets going it can really fly (especially if everyone keeps seeding for a few days at least). The only thing I can think to do that might help is to privately transfer via torrent to a couple of users first, then release the thing public with a few full seeders.

As for winrar, I realize that some of us are new to computers, etc...but thats a very basic and easy to use utility (basically double click the file and hit an Extract button). I didn't see how much it compressed it, but I'm sure it helps.

Anyway I'm glad the people on here aren't like typical internet forums where some geek is behind a monitor picking fights, telling people how dumb they are and are basically Nick Burns, you company's computer guy (saturday night live)

Also, someone like me who can't watch the game for whatever reason should thank these guys like Mick up and down for doing this, so thanks. From you to Calico to JDSMith and his kick *** videos you guys do an excellent job, thanks.

proline

Reaction score
I'm new to this torrent stuff, so I'm hoping someone can explain a few things to me...

I have Azureus and a router. I've followed the instructions for port forwarding on the router and I think I've done everything right in Azureus. The NAT test tells me everything is OK. I have three other games seeded, two of which are being uploaded right now. One of those has a yellow health indicator, and the other has a green health indicator.

Right now, I'm downloading the Panthers game using the mininova torrent provided on this thread. I'm also downloading the Broncos game from another torrent source. The Panthers game is downloading well (80 - 110 kB/sec), and the Broncos game is very slow (1-8 kB/sec). Both of the downloads are showing blue health indicators, and the tracker status almost always says "Connection error: timeout", even though the downloads are continuing to progress. Sometimes my downloads do get a Tracker status that says, "OK (dht:)", but even then the health indicators stay blue.

So ...... why don't I have green health indicators on my downloads? And what is the deal with the "Connection error: timeout" status?

Also, I've never heard of an .rar before today, but I understand that it is a compressed file. Are there any free extraction programs for .rar files?

Thanks. I really appreciate the efforts of those who have been making these videos available. I'll be sure to do my part and seed them.

RicInAustin

Reaction score
i cant help you with your first problem as i am unfamiliar with Azureus.

a .rar file is like a zip file. google "winrar" and download this program. use it to "unlock" your .rar files.

hope this helps.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Blue means the tracker is down or doesn't exist. Nothing you can do about it. If it's downloading, don't worry about it. If you hover the mouse cursor over the little colored faces it tells you what they mean. Or you can click "About/Health".

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Yeah.

I get the Connection Error too and the file is still downloading.

Up until a month ago I never got a green light, it was always yellow. I found out that I needed to change the default port Azureus uses, which I think is 1688 or something because it is banned by some ISPs and Trackers. Now I get green lights and faster downloads.

Not to be sarcastic, but now that you guys have torrent clients, you are going to have to start thinking big.

Anything I need new software pronto...I go to this site and hope I can find the cracked version...

http://www.torrentz.com/

- Mike G.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
vlad said:
I know a lot of people are complaining about using a torrent but I disagree. Obviously loading it onto some file sharing like megaupload site would be cool, but thats a big *** file, and once the torrent gets going it can really fly (especially if everyone keeps seeding for a few days at least). The only thing I can think to do that might help is to privately transfer via torrent to a couple of users first, then release the thing public with a few full seeders.

That is actually a good idea. That was my first Torrent I have ever made, so I really didnt know how it all worked.

When I first seeded the file, my PC was the only one that had the full file. So I had like 15 other PCs (peers) in a swarm taking turns getting pieces of the file which meant it was taking longer for more seeds to get online.

Would be nice to get one or 2 other people to download it first and that way you would have 3 seeds and it would go faster.

I heard after a while people started getting up to 310 kbs/second.

I will definately be using this for future sharing purposes. The way I figure, it is a kind of a headache at first to get everything going, but once you figure it out, it makes it easy.

And I wont be zipping the file next time. I thought I could use winrar to compress it even further. It was 466 megs but after using winrar, it only made it 460 megs, so I will just seed the AVI file only.

- Mike G.

jamez25

Reaction score
I heard after a while people started getting up to 310 kbs/second.

I was averaging that last night ..... great job in making the video !!! will seed again tonight .

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Kilyin said:
All of that site's download servers are god awful slow... but thanks anyway.

Really?

I tried to upload that 446 meg file when he first mentioned it but it took way to long to upload.

So I am going to stick with Torrents.

Did you manage to get your Torrent Client working..I have some free time if you have questions.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Really?

I tried to upload that 446 meg file when he first mentioned it but it took way to long to upload.

Did you manage to get your Torrent Client working..I have some free time if you have questions.

Do you need help seeding this game? I can put it back online to help.

Kilyin

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Really?

My client has always worked, the torrent just wouldn't download from the original site you had linked. Once you gave me the other URL everything was fine.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Arch Stanton said:
Do you need help seeding this game? I can put it back online to help.

Nah, I appreciate it though. I just checked and there are only 3 peers connected so I should be fine.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Kilyin said:
My client has always worked, the torrent just wouldn't download from the original site you had linked. Once you gave me the other URL everything was fine.

Yeah, I am going to upload to Torrentspy.com because it is one of the biggest on the net. The only problem is it can take a minute for the Torrent to appear in the Database.

Mininova.org it appears instantly, but I think the site is too little.

- Mike G.

Arch Stanton

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Nah, I appreciate it though. I just checked and there are only 3 peers connected so I should be fine.

No problem. If I can help in future let me know. I appreciate you guys making up and posting the videos. Just like to help out add my bit to the deal.

Arch Stanton

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:

BTW, have you tried posting the videos to Newsgroups? That is quite an efficient way to distribute the files without relying on folks being online to seed the files.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Arch Stanton said:
BTW, have you tried posting the videos to Newsgroups? That is quite an efficient way to distribute the files without relying on folks being online to seed the files.

Nah, I have never tried to use newsgroups. When I get some time, I may need to look at it.