Anyone Still Think Kellen Moore Has Earned Anything in the NFL?

kskboys

Reaction score
3rd and 1 on the final drive, and you've been running somewhat efficiently...and you pass. What proves to work consistently means nothing to this entire coaching staff. It's picking plays out of a hat. Moore and this entire coaching staff need to go at the conclusion of another wasted season.
I don't remember anyone saying that he had.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
didn't agree with the 3rd and 1 call... however we did convert and got a BS call called against us.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Situational football is where the Cowboys really seem to struggle.

Sometimes I see what they do and wonder if this is the first football game they have ever played in their life.

Moore has done a good job but sometimes he completely loses me. I don't know if that him or Garrett's stink coming through.

DFWJC

Reaction score
3rd and 1 on the final drive, and you've been running somewhat efficiently...and you pass. What proves to work consistently means nothing to this entire coaching staff. It's picking plays out of a hat. Moore and this entire coaching staff need to go at the conclusion of another wasted season.
Our #1 ranking on offense was way overblown.
I bet no team in recent history has ever faced so few good defenses thru 10 games....before today

Huge statistical anomaly that we face NO teams yet in the top 12 in the league in pass defense
And the only one in top 13 was New Orleans...who totally shut us down

All these threads about how prolific we are.
Kept saying, Im glad they're doing well but its partially fake news.

KingRah

Reaction score
I want to criticize Moore, but we can't judge him with Garrett as the HC. Every OC calls the same plays with Garrett.

kevm3

Reaction score
Moore is doing a fantastic job for a 1st year coordinator, but EXPERIENCE matters. In critical situations, there are lots of situations that new coordinators haven't seen and they end up making a bad decision. Moore will probably be a great OC in this league, but he should not have been fast tracked.

Big D

Reaction score
Didn’t Dak yell “kill kill” and switch to the second play?
Of course he did just like the defense dictated. It's been going on for years. They know they can get us to do what they want when Garrett is coaching.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
KM was only calling the game within Garrett's set of rules. If Garrett was fired and KM unchained, he would do just fine.
Honestly we have no actual evidence to know if this is true. I’m pretty sure Jerry said in the offseason he wanted Moore to run the offense the way he saw fit Unimpeded.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Honestly we have no actual evidence to know if this is true. I’m pretty sure Jerry said in the offseason he wanted Moore to run the offense the way he saw fit Unimpeded.
Honestly, we have no actual evidence to know if that is true either.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Honestly, we have no actual evidence to know if that is true either.
From offseason:
““I said to everybody, ‘I want those new ideas. I want them thought through far. And if they are not being implemented call me.’ But let’s get in there and do the kinds of things to get the most out of a very talented roster. Kellen has the skill, and the right attitude, and style to make this work.”

Kingofholland

Reaction score
He's made some good calls amd hopefully learning from the bad one's. Glad to see us run on a 3rd and 4 today. Cant remember the last time we mixed a 3rd down run in beyond 2 yards

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Our #1 ranking on offense was way overblown.
I bet no team in recent history has ever faced so few good defenses thru 10 games....before today

Huge statistical anomaly that we face NO teams yet in the top 12 in the league in pass defense
And the only one in top 13 was New Orleans...who totally shut us down

All these threads about how prolific we are.
Kept saying, Im glad they're doing well but its partially fake news.

Oh, I agree. I haven't bought any hype about this team since the season ended last year, especially after our refusal to add help where we have always needed it. We're still largely the same team, especially in the coaching dept. We still control our destiny, but we still have only beaten poor to mediocre teams, at best.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
From offseason:
““I said to everybody, ‘I want those new ideas. I want them thought through far. And if they are not being implemented call me.’ But let’s get in there and do the kinds of things to get the most out of a very talented roster. Kellen has the skill, and the right attitude, and style to make this work.”
And there was no follow-through to ensure that remained the policy throughout the season. Kellen has obviously not been calling plays like he did at the start of the season. Garrett's conservative tendencies have crept in. Can't you see that?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score

It was pretty clear that Dak changed the play to a pass when he yelled kill, kill, kill

Personally I think the head coach needs to say we are running it here. Why even send in 2 plays in that situation?

Cowfan75

Reaction score
2 weeks ago people were *****ing we were running on 3rd and 2 in the same situation.... :popcorn:

That's because two weeks ago the pass was working and running wasn't. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out, although to some in here it appears to.