Anyone think they will be better next year?

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I said it back in 2010 and I will say it again...........................We will never win a division title with Garrett as Head Coach.

The reason is simple...............if all you can do is beat sub 500 teams and lose to everybody else, you are not going to win a division title. You actually have to beat some teams over 500 at some point to win a division title.

We had 1 single win over a team that finished above 500 this year.

You knew all that way back in 2010?

I'm impressed.

chicago JK

Reaction score
Nor Turner? Dave wannstedt? I doubt either come but just hearing their names is depressing.

This front office can't let go of the glory years. Prior you had campo come back, the old offensive line coach, strength coach, etc. I wish this team could find the next great coach or find coaches who have not been here before.

It is funny that the team has such affinity for the mid 90's teams. But the one thing they will not consider to copy those teams is to get a smart talent evaluator on board to rebuild the roster. That is the main result of the early 90's success.

chicago JK

Reaction score
Yes this team can be better next year. If tony is healthy and you win a couple tossup games they can certainly be better. Although I doubt jerry agrees with this but the talent of this team is much closer to 6 wins than 10 wins. I would bet jerry will think we are just a move or 2 away.

My fear is down the road when Tony is no longer here. Unless they get real lucky, I see a big gap before they find their next franchise QB. This is when you will see the multiple 5 and 6 wins seasons IMO.

Tawney88

Reaction score
If Jerry will start having mud wrestling at halftime, I would say yes.

He is white trash oops I mean an "entertainer" so it could happen.

Jerry is reminding more and more of an old time wrestling promoter. Jerry is in the sports entertainment business folks we're just along for the ride.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Have no idea what next year will bring until we see the roster.

If they had cut Miles June 2nd last year and used his cap money on a starting FS we'd probably playing this weekend.

There is a very thin line between 7-9 and 9-7.

Don't see us being beyond either mark but again it is too early to commit to anything.

Fredd

Reaction score
No. I simply pointed out that someone who has stuck for the last ten years is not someone I would categorize as a front runner.
To me a front runner jumps on board during a teams peak and jumps off after a couple of down years.
I think there is a huge difference between someone who has to be supporting a winning team ALL THE TIME and someone who has been frustrated by JJ's ego and koolaid for ten plus years. I hope you realize some of us have never experienced the boyz being at the top.

And just for the record, none of these super frustrated boyzfans will ever stop being boyzfans. You do realize that don't you?

Just as they are frustrated with JJ and are threatening to 'leave', so too are you frustrated with JJ. But instead of voicing your ire in the direction of JJ (this time) you have chosen to direct it toward another brother/sister fan.

To me it is just a sign of your disgust with JJ. Directing your ire towards JJ has failed. So in frustration you have singled out TRO or whoever, (me) and scolded us.
Get over it. People are upset with our teams owner, GM, and defacto head coach.
Go back to beating on HIM. If anything TRO just needs a little love, understanding and commiseration from the rest of us. !^ _ ^!
You can bet he will always be a boyzfan. Just like THE REST of us!

feel free to love on him all you want...there are people that in frustration say things they likely don't mean....he has said it so many times that I don't want to hear it any longer, thus, I "ignore" him...as far as my ire towards Jones is concerned, I was actually non-committal (in support or dislike) to him until all of the comments that he spewed around the GB game and after....but, despite my disdain for him and his "entertaining" ways, I would never jump ship and toss out there that I am going to look for another team. as far as your bet on T-RO being a boyzfan for life, can't see it happening...he has given up...he lacks patience, and with this owner, there is a lot of patience needed...but, I don't have to listen to him or anyone else that spews that crap about leaving in favor of another team...hell, even one of the staff put a thread out there in regards to it.....to me, it is kinda like cheating on your girl/wife...once you cheat, you are always a cheater....he is cheating on the Cowboys by looking to be a fan of another team...should the rest of us forgive and forget? not me....I don't cheat (never have on my wife of 20+ years, or my sports teams)...once a cheater, always a cheater