Anyone think they will be better next year?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I have zero idea what you mean but ok.

I mean, if the Cowboys had beaten GB then they still would have lost the division and would just have a worse draft pick, so the game did not hurt the Cowboys. Only if they had beaten GB and also won another game, like Detroit, would it have made a difference.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think and hope they will be better next year. I really can't see how the defense will be WORSE, but I guess anything is possible. I think we will see some coaching changes and our defense is going to look a lot different personnel wise - it has to the results will be very similar.

Regardless of what the Eagles do in the playoffs this year, I believe they are a team on the rise and will be even better with Maclin back and a year under their belt with Kelly.

We shall see - that's why we play the game!

:)

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I think and hope they will be better next year. I really can't see how the defense will be WORSE, but I guess anything is possible. I think we will see some coaching changes and our defense is going to look a lot different personnel wise - it has to the results will be very similar.

Regardless of what the Eagles do in the playoffs this year, I believe they are a team on the rise and will be even better with Maclin back and a year under their belt with Kelly.

We shall see - that's why we play the game!

:)

The East is not going to suck like it did this year........................we really blew a golden opportunity this year that probably will not come along again for a very long time.

Yea, our defense will probably be better simply because when your 32nd you cant go any lower...................however I just dont see Garrett putting up 10-12 wins next year to grab the division title.............I think this year was his best chance.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I didn't bother to read this entire thread because the best part of it was the fan trying to decide which team to switch too between the Broncos and the Packers. Nothing like having fans in your fan base who are front runners.

boyzjunkie

Reaction score
There is always opportunity to be better. A great draft (at least three immediate starters) combined with good health and sound coaching makes this a 12-4 team. Don't ask me, though, if I believe it will happen. :D

Just out of curiosity, when did we last enjoy a draft that produced three immediate starters for us?

boyzjunkie

Reaction score
I didn't bother to read this entire thread because the best part of it was the fan trying to decide which team to switch too between the Broncos and the Packers. Nothing like having fans in your fan base who are front runners.

Not sure I would categorize someone who has stuck out the last ten years as a front runner.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
No, we will not be better next year. How can we? Nothing's changed and the schedule looks harder.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
No, this team is in serious trouble. Jerry knows this and would rather keep the team 8-8 than go 4-12 and risk losing ticket sales. The best thing for the long term is blowing this thing up, but Jerry won't do it.

boyzjunkie

Reaction score
so, I have a New Year's resolution that I just implemented for myself...anyone that comes in to this forum and states that they are leaving to go to a new franchise, I immediately put on my "ignore" list; don't let the door hitcha where the good Lord splitcha....leave and leave right away...I don't care what the reasons, if you aren't with this team, you are against them...get out

Example: T-RO (extremely poor excuse for a fan)

Or poor excuse for one of Jerry's koolaid drinkers.

Tawney88

Reaction score
I posted this in another thread but I think it fits here as well.

We all want change of some kind but where does that change need to start. In my mind it is at the top with Jerry. Unless he changes all other changes will be cosmetic. Jerry hired the head coach. He is retaining the coaching staff. He failed to address the Dline in the off season. He failed to get adequate depth at Dline and lb. He does not have a plan, an idea or clue how to build a successful team. It starts and ends with him.

Fire Garrett and his staff so what Jerry is still in charge.

The same guy who saddles his new coaches with the last coaches staff. The same guy who picks an offensive coordinator before he picks a head coach. The same guy who has failed this team for almost two decades. The same guy who wouldn't be hired as a GM anywhere else in the NFL.

You want change in Dallas? You want Jerry gone or you want the wrong thing.

Fredd

Reaction score
Or poor excuse for one of Jerry's koolaid drinkers.

you have GOT to be kidding me...go read any of my posts regarding Jones...I can't even use his first name or "JJ" because it sounds too friendly....but you think people should jump ship because our FO sucks? Go join T-RO if that is your belief...I think the broncos and patriots can use some more fair weather fans...

Aven8

Reaction score
I will still watch and rant, but can't see this team doing anything. Not with Red and his offense. Now bring in a legitimate OC? Maybe.

The offense is the strength of this team (personnel wise) but the offense and its coach sucks. We change that, things will look a lot better.

Mansta54

Reaction score
A lot of LOSERS in this thread, stop hangin around. Feel free to follow another team like the sticky says. Bye!!!!

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I can. But actually doing it is another story. I think whatever the do...get better...get worse...stay the same...wouldn't surprise me.

YR

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All we need is an average defense, not a great defense or even a good defense, an average one and we win a few more games and get in the playoffs. We lost 3 games this year that are 100% on bad defense. And we somehow won 8 game despite having the worst defense in franchise history. Or at least the worst defense since expansion years in the early 60s.

Exactly - that is exactly my point.

Soth

Reaction score
The three main reasons we were 8-8 this year are:

1. Garrett game management and playcalling - This could maybe improve a bit if we bring in another OC. Who knows if Ginger will get better or not. He continues to make some of the same mistakes he was making back in 2007-2008. Go back and watch some games there where he continued to pass when he had to run the ball. He has not improved in this aspect in 6 years, so I don't have much hope that he will get better.

2. Depleted defensive line - Some of it was Jerry's/Garrett's fault, and some of it was bad luck. Crawford getting injured the FIRST day of camp was crazy. Can we improve this line in a single offseason? Hatcher will be gone, so right off the bat we will be worse. Without any free agents, we are looking at Ware-??-Hayden-Selvie (and no depth). We need to get at least a stud DT in the first round and maybe another later in the draft. We will need at least 1 more DE and we need Crawford to play well. Lot's of question marks.

3. Defensive scheme - We need to get rid of Kiffin and bring in someone that can run a modern 4-3. I don't want to switch back to the 3-4.

If we can fix the three things I mentioned above, then yes we can get better. However, I have zero faith in Jerry and Garrett, so I am not counting on them being better.