Anyone think they will be better next year?

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
I think their record will likely be worse, maybe a lot worse. I think they won't come close to winning the division. The defense should be better, maybe quite a bit better; the offense could be a lot worse.

Soth

Reaction score
A lot of LOSERS in this thread, stop hangin around. Feel free to follow another team like the sticky says. Bye!!!!

It's hard to leave a team that you have been following for 10, 20, 30 years. I have been a Cowboys fan for 25 years and I have never felts as frustrated as I feel today. Every season I feel less excited. I have stopped going to the stadium and I don't buy any merchandise.

But it's like an addiction! You keep coming back for more even when you are fed up. But every year it gets easier to stop watching, to stop caring. Would you continue to follow the team if they go 1-15 for the next 20 years? Probably not.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I think and hope they will be better next year. I really can't see how the defense will be WORSE, but I guess anything is possible. I think we will see some coaching changes and our defense is going to look a lot different personnel wise - it has to the results will be very similar.

Regardless of what the Eagles do in the playoffs this year, I believe they are a team on the rise and will be even better with Maclin back and a year under their belt with Kelly.

We shall see - that's why we play the game!

:)

Regardless of how I or Anyone feels about Romo... He gives us a chance. He wins games that would be losses. If that doesn't happen... We will be worse.

Mansta54

Reaction score
It's hard to leave a team that you have been following for 10, 20, 30 years. I have been a Cowboys fan for 25 years and I have never felts as frustrated as I feel today. Every season I feel less excited. I have stopped going to the stadium and I don't buy any merchandise.

But it's like an addiction! You keep coming back for more even when you are fed up. But every year it gets easier to stop watching, to stop caring. Would you continue to follow the team if they go 1-15 for the next 20 years? Probably not.

I definitely would continue to follow them regardless of their record, I'M A FAN OF THIS TEAM AND WILL NEVER FADE. That's what real fans do. Like you, i've been a fan for 30yrs and I stay through thick and thin. I love that STAR!!!! So, your "probably not" comment is DEAD WRONG. I don't just follow them when they're winning. Luv that BLUE n SILVER!!!!!

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, when did we last enjoy a draft that produced three immediate starters for us?

Good question, I'll take a shot since no one else is and you popped up in my Alert box! :D

2005 Draft - Ware, Spears, and Petitti? Weren't they all day-one starters? Maybe they were not great starters but they were talented enough to replace some of the not-so-talented players on the 2004 roster.

As for the 2014 draft, I think there are several spots on the roster where a wisely drafted rookie can have immediate impact. Challenge is: Can Jerry make it happen?

DeMarcus WareLinebackerTroy
12020Marcus SpearsDefensive EndLSU
21042Kevin BurnettLinebackerTennessee
48109Marion Barber IIIRunning BackMinnesota
431132Chris CantyDefensive EndVirginia
634208Justin BeriaultSafetyBall State
635209Rob PetittiOffensive TacklePittsburgh
710224Jay Ratliff

perrykemp

Reaction score
Good chance they get worse.

They've had 3 HOF (or near HOF) talents in Romo, Ware, and Witten over the past decade who are all on the back-9 of their careers -- some more than others. Romo has been a top 10 QB and Ware a top 2 pass rusher. Those are NFL franchise bedrocks.

I don't see anybody on the roster of this caliber.

Sean Lee could have been that guy but he has become that guy who hurts you almost as much as he helps you because you can't count on him playing.

Carter imploded this year.

Dez is very good, borderline great, however, is a top 5 talent, however he isn't a top 5 WR yet.

Tyron is a borderline top 5 LT but franchise typically can't hang their hats on LTs (see Jake Long, Joe Thomas, etc)

cej757

Reaction score
We see the teams we're scheduled to play next season. We cannot beat Seattle, New Orleans, San Fran or Chicago playing finesse pass happy football that Jason Garrett and Tony Romo wants to play. We have to get a power football game going in Dallas and we have to get better on Defense as well. I don't see us fixing everything in the offseason when we can't even be active in free agency.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
could be… all about the offseason.

Have to add some impact players, start building around a new core and replacing some old.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
One cannot predict the W/L record because we don't know the strength of schedule until we see what kind of teams we are playing...you can't really predict by this year's records. However, I think it's easy to say the team will be better.

1. Injured players being healthy makes us better on the DL and LB....very unlikely we suffer the number of injuries next year that we did this year.

2. Free agency and the draft...yes, we are up against the cap, but we will wiggle free enough to sign 2-3 guys who will help our rotations and dept, if not a potential starter.

3. Second year in the transition to Kiffin's 4-3....Lynch, Sapp, and others who played in that D said early on that it took 3 years to really get it.

4. We played quite a few rookies (Frederick, Williams, Escobar, Hollowman, Randle, Heath, Webb, Wilcox) and first time starters or contributors like Beasley, Dunbar, Leary....that's a lot of young guys who got experience in the NFL this year. Whether they are starters, rotation guys, or special teamers, the experience they gained this year will pay dividends next year.

I also believe that just as Carter's 2nd year in the 3-4 saw him shine, his 2nd year in the new 4-3 scheme will also see him improve again. I know everyone is down on Claybourne, but he played really well against Philly in that last game, and I think being healthy with a year in the system will also see him improve.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
They desperately need to evaluate their training staff/system.

Something is not right there.

khiladi

Reaction score
8-8 and 3 losses by 1 point and then a 2 pointer tonight with the worst defense in the league give me optimism. Imagine if we only had a middle of the road defense.

We did last year and the year before... Guess what happened? 8-8

boyzjunkie

Reaction score
you have GOT to be kidding me...go read any of my posts regarding Jones...I can't even use his first name or "JJ" because it sounds too friendly....but you think people should jump ship because our FO sucks? Go join T-RO if that is your belief...I think the broncos and patriots can use some more fair weather fans...

No. I simply pointed out that someone who has stuck for the last ten years is not someone I would categorize as a front runner.
To me a front runner jumps on board during a teams peak and jumps off after a couple of down years.
I think there is a huge difference between someone who has to be supporting a winning team ALL THE TIME and someone who has been frustrated by JJ's ego and koolaid for ten plus years. I hope you realize some of us have never experienced the boyz being at the top.

And just for the record, none of these super frustrated boyzfans will ever stop being boyzfans. You do realize that don't you?

Just as they are frustrated with JJ and are threatening to 'leave', so too are you frustrated with JJ. But instead of voicing your ire in the direction of JJ (this time) you have chosen to direct it toward another brother/sister fan.

To me it is just a sign of your disgust with JJ. Directing your ire towards JJ has failed. So in frustration you have singled out TRO or whoever, (me) and scolded us.
Get over it. People are upset with our teams owner, GM, and defacto head coach.
Go back to beating on HIM. If anything TRO just needs a little love, understanding and commiseration from the rest of us. !^ _ ^!
You can bet he will always be a boyzfan. Just like THE REST of us!

The Natural

Reaction score
The ceiling for this team under Garrett is 8-8. Some of you have been saying this for a few years, I didnt quite buy in but now I see the light. I think it's more likely we see a 2010-ish campaign next year where guys start to quit on him as opposed to them winning say 10+ games and the division.

visionary

Reaction score
Can we: yes
Will we: doubt it

because the organization not have the foresight or the interest in making the difficult changes that need to be made

dfense

Reaction score
I don't, I don't see how they can, no money, Tony 35 coming off major back surgery, Ware is done, lee can't stay on the field. See them being much worse next year

Major back surgery? Ahh!!! Sky is falling!!!

jnday

Reaction score
The future looks bleak. A declining core group of players and a no cap room makes it hard to improve.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Just on paper, I see them as a 6 win team next year. I don't see how the defense gets that much better next year. If we keep Ware, he is declining and has been injured the last 2 years, so odds are he will be injured again. Same with Lee, he will miss about 4 games. One draft and a possible FA are not going to show that much improvement. The offense could be really good, but not with Garrett.

To me JJ and crew are building this team to win the NFCE and thus can't compete against the rest of the NFC. The NFCE is that weak.

I think this time next year, we will be mocking our top 10 draft pick. Things are ugly in Big D. Very sad.