Anyone think they will be better next year?

TonyS

Reaction score
Give me a break. It's stunning how fast Cowboys fans seem to want to cast aside a franchise QB. I guess some fans just loved the 5+ years we spent searching for one.

A backup QB replaced our franchise QB and performed remarkably similar to him. Don't think that Romo is irreplaceable.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
They could be better but have the same record. Next year's schedule will be difficult to say the least.

Coy

Reaction score
Trick question??? It dependes if Garrett is back or not.

NJ22

Reaction score
I don't, I don't see how they can, no money, Tony 35 coming off major back surgery, Ware is done, lee can't stay on the field. See them being much worse next year

Not at this point. If Jerry does what he needs to do then at least there will be a chance.

Gaede

Reaction score
With Garrett, not a chance.

We will continue to beat the bad teams and lose to the good ones.

8-8.

That's what you get with Garrett.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I told my wife earlier " why did I pick the cowboys as my team as a kid" - I had so many options lol. Oh well I'm used to losing.. taking it like a champ now. 4-5 years ago this would of cost me big time..now I almost don't give a ( insert curse) .

MikeT22

Reaction score
Give me a break. It's stunning how fast Cowboys fans seem to want to cast aside a franchise QB. I guess some fans just loved the 5+ years we spent searching for one.

We got Romo results with Orton tonight. Just think if we actually tried finding another starting caliber QB. We've only drafted 2 QB's total in the last 20 years.

hra8700

Reaction score
It'll be about the same. If we busted on Carter and Claiborne (and as of now it looks like we did), it's a big problem, because we got nothing out of the 2006-2009, and the talent from before that time period is getting older and worse. The D line is a complete disaster next year. Luckily the offense is set for next year (even after you cut miles austin), but given the talent it should have performed much better this year.

Word Mofo

Reaction score
We can't even afford to keep Spencer or Hatcher. Nice cap management Jerry.

In that case I'm glad we're in cap hell. I don't want to extend any old or mediocre talents and replace them in the draft.

Solution

Reaction score
The offense is young across the board. Dez, Williams, Escobar, Tyron, Travis, Murray, and more.

The Defense literally could not be worse next year. I hope.

I actually still like the direction of the team, but think the offense desperately needs a coach to rejuvenate the play calling. The defense is going to need a lot of work and quick, because as great as Romo is, hes the only reason our window is closing.

slomoxn

Reaction score
The core players, Romo, Witten, Ware, will be another year older. Their window is closing. No idea how much longer they have, but it isn't much longer.

Dang bro, the window was closing after 2007, I'm pretty sure it has shut firmly tight now. There is no hope for any improvement while our current GM and his minions are running the team.