Anyone think they will be better next year?

mldardy

Reaction score
with a new and improved coaching staff we can win the division. If the same is brought back or most of the same we will be right back in this position next year, 8-8.

Eddie

Reaction score
I'm all for going 1-15 next year, and prepare to draft a QB number 1 in the draft.

Perhaps next year is the proper year to dump all the outrageous salaries. We clean up our salary cap, and prepare for 2015 and onward.

Yeah, right ... Jerry Jones will trot out the same lame team. Put some window dressing, and expect us to think he's built a winner.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I really don't. I suppose it depends on how strong the East is next year. The schedule looks pretty tough.

T-RO

Reaction score
Who you going to switch to after Peyton Manning retires?

That's a major consideration w/Broncos. I want to pick a team with ownership and front office I can respect. But I also want a team with entertainment value. I am going to fold this into my new years goals. The Cowboys drag me down. I truly hate our ownership and they don't bring me joy. Why choose a franchise that I loathe and that only brings suffering?

This is a commitment: it's like someone in Europe a century ago...committing to leave and come to the new world.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
well, the guy in SD, Philly made the playoffs in the rookie year. The guy in Indy is in there the second time in 2 years. The guy in Zona lead his team to 11 wins, the guy in Chicago, was in the hunt til the end. Our coach in 8-8 and out of the playoffs for 3 years.......

fifaguy

Reaction score
tumblr_m0qr5sbi0t1qgcra2o1_500.gif

T-RO

Reaction score
Indy is also a possibility. I love and respect Luck.

Falcon554

Reaction score
The offense is young across the board. Dez, Williams, Escobar, Tyron, Travis, Murray, and more.

The Defense literally could not be worse next year. I hope.

I actually still like the direction of the team, but think the offense desperately needs a coach to rejuvenate the play calling. The defense is going to need a lot of work and quick, because as great as Romo is, hes the only reason our window is closing.
what direction? This team has no direction at all, the core is old, the D is pathetic, we have a few young player but again core is very old

SlwSVT

Reaction score
New offensive coordinator, maybe Norv Turner, new defensive coordinator. This team will be better next year. The problem is another tough schedule. The NFC west division is going to be tought to get 2 wins.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Give me a break. It's stunning how fast Cowboys fans seem to want to cast aside a franchise QB. I guess some fans just loved the 5+ years we spent searching for one.

It's just reality. We need a rebuild. Tony's best days are behind him. Wares best days are behind him. Wittens best days are behind him. Miles best days are behind him. Time to try again. From scratch. Plain and simple.

kramskoi

Reaction score
I don't, I don't see how they can, no money, Tony 35 coming off major back surgery, Ware is done, lee can't stay on the field. See them being much worse next year

The question isn't simply will they be better, but will the division as a whole be better. An even more challenging question is how do the Cowboys get better than teams they currently look up to in Seattle, San Francisco, Carolina, New Orleans, Detroit, Chicago and Green Bay. The first four will be really tough to pass in one off-season. They can't count on another year of dismal division rivals accounting for more than 60% of their win total.

Solution

Reaction score
what direction? This team has no direction at all, the core is old, the D is pathetic, we have a few young player but again core is very old

The core died this year, how can anyone think otherwise?

What is our core, Ware, Witten, Romo, Miles? That's it right?

We went 8-8 with Miles being garbage, but we have Williams, dez, beasley, harris to replace him. Check.

We went 8-8 with Ware basically being a no show all year.

I don't think Romo is going to fall off a cliff for another few years.

Witten can't get much slower, but he is still servicable and his replacements have already been drafted.

Did I miss anyone? Is this team really doomed because of those 4 players? This team is young, and although we could certainly be worse next year, we could also be better.