Anyone use the Google Play Music service?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
the official videos on youtube that play ads are ok'd by the artists.....

0 results for "youtube mp3 converter" seriously? http://www.youtube-mp3.org/ and thats not even what im talking about....if you go to chrome or firefox's "extensions" or whatever they call it these days, extensions or apps they have em....if you have adblock you can find downloaders, and its up to your internet speed on how fast it is....

find 'em yet? and if you can tell me the difference between "personal use" for when i use it personally and should pay for it vs. that "personal use" that's just me and i shouldn't, i'd apprech that too.

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
find 'em yet? and if you can tell me the difference between "personal use" for when i use it personally and should pay for it vs. that "personal use" that's just me and i shouldn't, i'd apprech that too.

lol, are you that bored youve just been feverishly waiting for me to reply? sorry to disappoint you, but I done moved on from this discussion...Im not gonna change your holier than thou mind, and you aint gonna change my cheapskate mind.....and whats your obsession with "personal use"? I never even brought up anything about that....I dont think music should ever be paid for, when it can be had for free, legally or illegally, period.....dont care whats considered personal use or not lol.....for me the most convenient way to listen to music is via youtube, which is what I do....Either with my laptop or my phone, I just open up Youtube and play one of my many playlists...and if I so happen to wanna download a vid or just the song, I can, and its legal....Musicians at least get more $ from me via Youtube "hits" than Moviemakers do.....well I had moved on from this discussion anyway lol.....

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Artist make money from tours / record labels make money from albums.

I don't feel bad getting music for free from multi-millionaires. They get my money when I see them live or buy merch.

Last edited:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
lol, are you that bored youve just been feverishly waiting for me to reply? sorry to disappoint you, but I done moved on from this discussion...Im not gonna change your holier than thou mind, and you aint gonna change my cheapskate mind.....and whats your obsession with "personal use"? I never even brought up anything about that....I dont think music should ever be paid for, when it can be had for free, legally or illegally, period.....dont care whats considered personal use or not lol.....for me the most convenient way to listen to music is via youtube, which is what I do....Either with my laptop or my phone, I just open up Youtube and play one of my many playlists...and if I so happen to wanna download a vid or just the song, I can, and its legal....Musicians at least get more $ from me via Youtube "hits" than Moviemakers do.....well I had moved on from this discussion anyway lol.....

No. They don't.

Your lack of understanding is phenomenal.

Steal away but shut up about legal

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Yes, they do.

Your lack of understanding is ludicrous.

Pay away and shut up about illegal

first - will do. it's how it should be done.
2nd - no. you wanna cry it should all be free cause you can yes - i disagree loudly as this is why the overall music scene is as jacked up as it is.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
If you don't think artist make money from selling their music. ....well, lets just say you should keep that to yourself as well. You're painting an ugly picture of yourself.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
...and if I so happen to wanna download a vid or just the song, I can, and its legal....

ahem.... see section 2 and 3

https://www.youtube.com/t/terms

5. Your Use of Content
In addition to the general restrictions above, the following restrictions and conditions apply specifically to your use of Content.

1. The Content on the Service, and the trademarks, service marks and logos ("Marks") on the Service, are owned by or licensed to YouTube, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under the law.
  2. Content is provided to you AS IS. You may access Content for your information and personal use solely as intended through the provided functionality of the Service and as permitted under these Terms of Service. You shall not download any Content unless you see a “download” or similar link displayed by YouTube on the Service for that Content. You shall not copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, or otherwise exploit any Content for any other purposes without the prior written consent of YouTube or the respective licensors of the Content. YouTube and its licensors reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the Service and the Content.
  3. You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Service or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of the Service or the Content therein.
  4. You understand that when using the Service, you will be exposed to Content from a variety of sources, and that YouTube is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such Content. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against YouTube with respect thereto, and, to the extent permitted by applicable law, agree to indemnify and hold harmless YouTube, its owners, operators, affiliates, licensors, and licensees to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of the Service.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
If you don't think artist make money from selling their music. ....well, lets just say you should keep that to yourself as well. You're painting an ugly picture of yourself.

in all fairness, he said they made money from the ads while he watched the video. HOWEVER, i would wager quite a bit he doesn't click those ads and he doesn't buy anything from said advertisers. so when that doesn't happen, his traffic at that point is 110% meaningless in what the artist will receive.

it's just stealing cause you can.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

By in large, it makes up a very small percentage of their income stream.

4788891305_c9eecd1fdd.jpg

Courtney Love wrote something about it a while back.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
why would anybody pay for music when you can find anything on youtube for free?! also the music video if there is one......All I know is I havent paid for Music since like 2002......Movies and TV Shows are pretty much the same, but I will still go to a movie at the theaters if its worth seein on the big screen......I aint payin for music unless its a concert.....

My thoughts exactly. I have been using a youtube to MP3 converter for years and it is incredibly quick. Seconds to download the audio portion of a youtube video, minutes for whole albums or even concerts. I haven't come across any song yet that I wanted but couldn't find on Youtube.

I remember in the '70s recording songs playing on the radio to cassettes because we didn't have the money to pay for an album. Growing up poor, we had little money to spend on music. In my 52 years, I probably spent somewhere in the ballpark of $300 total for cassettes/vinyl albums/CDs. Most of which I no longer have. But I have probably around 2000-3000 rock and blues songs thanks to Napster and youtube to MP3 conversion for the grand total of $0.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. I have been using a youtube to MP3 converter for years and it is incredibly quick. Seconds to download the audio portion of a youtube video, minutes for whole albums or even concerts. I haven't come across any song yet that I wanted but couldn't find on Youtube.

I remember in the '70s recording songs playing on the radio to cassettes because we didn't have the money to pay for an album. Growing up poor, we had little money to spend on music. In my 52 years, I probably spent somewhere in the ballpark of $300 total for cassettes/vinyl albums/CDs. Most of which I no longer have. But I have probably around 2000-3000 rock and blues songs thanks to Napster and youtube to MP3 conversion for the grand total of $0.

What do you do for a living?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

i would do that also. however, if you want to take this lovely comparison to the extreme limit - it would mean you need a cassette and crappy source and do it how many million times? you couldn't put a cassette online back then and have 1 person copy/download 3,000,000 songs. you had to make 3,000,000 tapes and now we're back to the cost of crap again, right? so you're cherry picking in this analogy and avoiding the crux of the issue.

and i'll flat out say it - in my mind you're a piece of crap because by NOT paying artists for their work, we're now in the situation we are in. no music, sales are pathetic at best, and classic rock is outselling new by a large margin.

companies like spotify can make billions and the artists are still underpaid.

no one is asking you to spend $15-$20 on a CD that only has 2-3 songs on it anymore. just to show a decent amount of respect fo what you obviously find value in and pay the artists so they can continue creating something you obviously enjoy.

but no. when you steal it, options go down, potential future classic rock songs never see the light of day cause the writer had to go into fast food mgt to make a living and so on.

i know for a fact that if i could steal your work for free, just because i could and seemingly no cost or responsibility to me, you'd be a tad upset with it because you could no longer make a living at it.

but i'm sure that's different.

sorry - but you're an *** to me by not only stealing but moreso for not caring that you do it.