Anyone Want Sean Payton Still?

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Payton was bad today. His play calling at the end of regulation cost his team a Super Bowl birth. Throwing on 1st down with less than 2 minutes on the clock and the Rams with 2 timeouts??! What was he thinking?
Don’t act like Garrett and Linehan wouldn’t do something stupid either. Boxes would be very stacked and they’d run Zeke up the middle, letting him get swallowed up and probably pushed back a yard.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Don’t act like Garrett and Linehan wouldn’t do something stupid either. Boxes would be very stacked and they’d run Zeke up the middle, letting him get swallowed up and probably pushed back a yard.

And that would be perfectly fine in that situation. The only thing that wouldn’t be fine is throwing an incompletion on first down and stopping the clock, saving the Rams a timeout. Payton’s blunder cost them the game.

Fire407

Reaction score
I would love to see Sean Payton here. Will Cain seemed to think it could happen.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
Payton choked! Even with the non call if they had ran the ball instead of passing it the Rams wouldn’t have had the time to score.

Romotil45

Reaction score
Might be time for Seanie P to move on from NO. He's leaving as a fresh loser, but he is one of the few HCs who's won a SB.

Who's signing him over JG?

I would sign him but Im not quite sure if he would be interested in coaching Dak when he has a future HOF in Brees and Brees is still playing very well and may continue to play a few years. Lets say Bees up and decides to retire ok then I might see him maybe looking for a way out but Im not sure many coaches want to coach Dak he doesn't have a great arm doesn't read defenses well holds the ball to long and checks it down against 3 man rushes instead of waiting for recievers to come open. Dak is a mess he really is. No other QB I have ever seen throws more check downs with recievers wide open downfield which is the only reason his completion percentage is OK.

Johnny23

Reaction score
No it didn’t Dak homer. If the refs did their job, that call would have won the game.
I think he's referring to the quick slant Michael Thomas couldn't catch that was probably a walk in touchdown. Imho that was a consistent Payton call and I had no problem with it. I totally agree with you that the 3rd down no call on Lewis was the game winner.

GMO415

Reaction score
I think if Sean P leaves NO, I bet its for Dallas.