Anyone who supports Jason Garrett at this point

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was mocking the OP ...... sad I had to explain that to you.

I knew what you were getting at, zrinkill.

I also wonder why they're not taking offense at the OP, who titled the thread and who you were reacting to. Oh, wait....he was trolling for a *negative* reaction instead. Not so much of a problem when the spin is going in the direction you're already wanting to go.

And I know you were just responding to the OP, but I should say that I do agree with Alexander that it's bad policy to try to define what a Dallas Cowboys fan is. They come in all shapes and sizes and temperaments. There are definitely some long-term trolls floating around in the corners, but they're few and far between.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score

I also wonder why they're not taking offense at the OP, who titled the thread and who you were reacting to. Oh, wait....he was trolling for a *negative* reaction instead. Not so much of a problem when the spin is going in the direction you're already wanting to go.

And I know you were just responding to the OP, but I should say that I do agree with Alexander that it's bad policy to try to define what a Dallas Cowboys fan is. They come in all shapes and sizes and temperaments. There are definitely some long-term trolls floating around in the corners, but they're few and far between.

Seems like the "infinity" remark would have given it away ...... but the high five gang is still upset I see.

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
This team was a blown call from the NFC championship game.

Now their 2 best players have missed 98% of the season so far.

Let me guess, your car gets a flat, so the car is a piece of junk?

Your lawn tractor battery dies, so the tractor is a piece of junk?

Garrettop

Reaction score
Garrett isn't the best coach in the NFL, but he's the best coach for the Dallas Cowboys, and the best they have had since Landry. Don't act like I forgot about Parcells: Parcells did some great things for the organization but he was a temp, a loaner - a driveby. Garrett is a Cowboy. He has much more invested in our favorite football organization than a good percentage of the teams fans. Like a QB, the coach gets too much credit and too much blame. But above all culture matters day to day and in the long run, and every complaint I've seen on this board or heard otherwise has shown a complete ignorance of pretty much anything other than the current win/loss columns.

Irving Cowboy

The Chief
Reaction score
Let me guess, your car gets a flat, so the car is a piece of junk?

Your lawn tractor battery dies, so the tractor is a piece of junk?
If you don't carry an adequate spare to get you to where you want to go, it makes you, as the person responsible, a moron.

If you don't know how to find a durable, tough battery, that makes you, as the person responsible, a moron.

Dodger12

Reaction score
Garrett isn't the best coach in the NFL, but he's the best coach for the Dallas Cowboys, and the best they have had since Landry. Don't act like I forgot about Parcells: Parcells did some great things for the organization but he was a temp, a loaner - a driveby. Garrett is a Cowboy. He has much more invested in our favorite football organization than a good percentage of the teams fans. Like a QB, the coach gets too much credit and too much blame. But above all culture matters day to day and in the long run, and every complaint I've seen on this board or heard otherwise has shown a complete ignorance of pretty much anything other than the current win/loss columns.

Um...yeah, that coach that built the 90's dynasty might disagree. Talk about ignorance......

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The whole reason the default avatar is Rowdy is to encourage members to customize their profiles. And the whole reason members are encouraged to customize their profiles is for the community to get a sense of who they are behind the keyboards and for them to fit in. Because that's a big part of what makes a site built around the sharing of opinions and ideas interesting.

So, for someone to be on the site long enough to have posted a couple *thousand* (mostly) garbage posts and still not care enough to customize an avatar--something that takes, what, a minute or two? I think that says an awful lot about their motivation for posting and their relative maturity level.
Could you inject the sample below into any future behind-the-scenes discussion about a new site default avatar?

http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/Add%20Avatar%20Here_zps0thf5gap.jpg
Rowdy the Mascot wouldn't mind getting replaced as an avatar. He's always so cheerful. His psychotic Joker grin is permanently plastered on his face. :)

Angus12

Reaction score
I thought openly mocking another poster was against the rules? At least that's the reason given to me by moderation when my fingers were slapped for it.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought openly mocking another poster was against the rules? At least that's the reason given to me by moderation when my fingers were slapped for it.

Here's the link to the rules. I can't speak to your infraction, specifically. Mocking--especially an argument rather than another poster---there's plenty of that in the threads. Direct personal insults, stalking, or harassing forum members in general is what you primarily want to stay away from.

There's a Report function under every post, so if you see something objectionable, you can report it that way. Unless this is just a passive aggressive complaint about an old infraction, in which case I have a hard time giving a crap.

EDIT: Your infraction (I looked it up, so maybe I did give a small crap) was for questioning forum moderation publicly. That's something that'll get you every time. Much better to just use the Report function or to take the complaints to PMs.

Dodger12

Reaction score
You missed the point. Bonus: If JJ was so awesome, how did he tank so bad with Miami?

Two things....who cares how he did in Miami? It in no way negates what he did here. Bonus for you: If JJ "tanked" in Miami going 9 and 7, 10 and 6 and 8 and 8 in his first three years, what does that say about Garrett who went 8 and 8 three straight years?

Garrettop

Reaction score
Two things....who cares how he did in Miami? It in no way negates what he did here. Bonus for you: If JJ "tanked" in Miami going 9 and 7, 10 and 6 and 8 and 8 in his first three years, what does that say about Garrett who went 8 and 8 three straight years?

JJ inherited a loaded team and ran it into the ground, running from town on the heels of one of the worst shellackings in playoff history, and by a recent expansion franchise nonetheless. The situation is not even remotely similar to what Garrett inherited in Dallas, other than inheriting a premium QB, and those 8-8s could have easily been more if little things like pinky fingers stayed in bounds.

Dodger12

Reaction score
JJ inherited a loaded team and ran it into the ground, running from town on the heels of one of the worst shellackings in playoff history, and by a recent expansion franchise nonetheless. The situation is not even remotely similar to what Garrett inherited in Dallas, other than inheriting a premium QB, and those 8-8s could have easily been more if little things like pinky fingers stayed in bounds.

You don't have an utter clue about what you're talking about....not in the slightest. By the end of his time in Miami, Marino was washed up and Johnson needed Damon Huard to go 4 and 1 throughout the 1999 season and still made the playoffs.

After Jimmy left, he still built a good enough team to go 11 and 5 in 2000 and 2001 with Jay Fielder at QB. And here we are just trying to salvage the season and get ONE win with a team Garrett had a hand in supposedely building and leading. Anyone that thinks Jason Garrett is in the same coaching area code as a Jimmy Johnson is a football fool.

Stating that he inherited a loading team is lunacy. You need to stop embarrassing yourself.

Oh, and BTW, inheriting a premium QB is 9/10ths of the game.

Garrettop

Reaction score
You don't have an utter clue about what you're talking about....not in the slightest. By the end of his time in Miami, Marino was washed up and Johnson needed Damon Huard to go 4 and 1 throughout the 1999 season and still made the playoffs.

After Jimmy left, he still built a good enough team to go 11 and 5 in 2000 and 2001 with Jay Fielder at QB. And here we are just trying to salvage the season and get ONE win with a team Garrett had a hand in supposedely building and leading. Anyone that thinks Jason Garrett is in the same coaching area code as a Jimmy Johnson is a football fool.

Yeah, by '99 Marino was obviously far removed from his prime. Garrett built a team good enough to go 12-4 with him *at the helm* - with, you know, that terrible unclutch QB. JJ may have built the roster, but he didn't go 11-5 without Marino. Or before without Aikman. Hell, he couldn't even get a win *with* Aikman when Emmitt was out. Your logic needs work.

Stating that he inherited a loading team is lunacy. You need to stop embarrassing yourself.

The offense was one of the better offenses in the league when he took over, the defense needed work. So of course by the time he left, the defense was good and the offense was sputtering.

Oh, and BTW, inheriting a premium QB is 9/10ths of the game.

Apparently not , at least if we are to follow all the dangling strands of insinuation in your post.

Dodger12

Reaction score
Yeah, by '99 Marino was obviously far removed from his prime. Garrett built a team good enough to go 12-4 with him *at the helm* - with, you know, that terrible unclutch QB. JJ may have built the roster, but he didn't go 11-5 without Marino. Or before without Aikman. Hell, he couldn't even get a win *with* Aikman when Emmitt was out. Your logic needs work.

You're all over the place trying hard to move the goal posts and build strawmen arguments but you're actually proving my point and don't even know it. You'll never hear me say or post that Romo isn't clutch. On the contrary, Romo has not only kept Garrett employed, he's also kept the Garrett fans from seeing exactly what Garrett berings to the table. Even wade, who was fired, had a better record with Romo and a "lesser" team that needed to be blown up (#1 Garrett excuse for not being able to win with a healthy Romo).

But I'll say it again....what Jimmy did in Miami had no bearing on what he did here. I really don't even care. The fact that "some" folks think Garrett is in any way in the same league as Johnson is insane in and of itself. Here's some good advice: keep that one to yourself and keep it on an annonymous message board. If you say it to loud in a room full of football fans, you may get ridiculed and laughed at to the point of tears.

Garrettop

Reaction score
I didn't say you did say anything about Romo, but its a popular sentiment. I don't really care what a "room of football fans" thinks, since that same room will be wrong about pretty much everything else from blown calls to pet cats to who is going to win Sunday to who to start in their fantasy lineup.

cml750

Reaction score
You're all over the place trying hard to move the goal posts and build strawmen arguments but you're actually proving my point and don't even know it. You'll never hear me say or post that Romo isn't clutch. On the contrary, Romo has not only kept Garrett employed, he's also kept the Garrett fans from seeing exactly what Garrett berings to the table. Even wade, who was fired, had a better record with Romo and a "lesser" team that needed to be blown up (#1 Garrett excuse for not being able to win with a healthy Romo).

But I'll say it again....what Jimmy did in Miami had no bearing on what he did here. I really don't even care. The fact that "some" folks think Garrett is in any way in the same league as Johnson is insane in and of itself. Here's some good advice: keep that one to yourself and keep it on an annonymous message board. If you say it to loud in a room full of football fans, you may get ridiculed and laughed at to the point of tears.

Agree 100%. I don't understand the people who defend Garrett after only one winning season . He has had a franchise QB from the beginning which has made him look much better than he is. Look at the Patriots. Every time Brady has been hurt, they plug someone in at the QB spot and they still do well. Everyone always want to credit Garrett with turning the roster around,but do not blame him for going with Weeden.

Also, if we have rant zone here for any negative post, why not a fairy land zone for the over the top sunshine crowd???? That is just a rhetorical question!!!!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agree 100%. I don't understand the people who defend Garrett after only one winning season . He has had a franchise QB from the beginning which has made him look much better than he is. Look at the Patriots. Every time Brady has been hurt, they plug someone in at the QB spot and they still do well. Everyone always want to credit Garrett with turning the roster around,but do not blame him for going with Weeden.

Also, if we have rant zone here for any negative post, why not a fairy land zone for the over the top sunshine crowd???? That is just a rhetorical question!!!!

Not every negative post or negative thread is a rant.

And also, this board is a place for Cowboys fans to enjoy Cowboys discussions. What's the point of encouraging emotional over the top negativity? There are other places in the internet for that if you need it or want it.

Shouldn't really have to explain that part.