Twitter: AP All-Pro Rankings - Nine Cowboys

DFWJC

Reaction score
How in the world can we have 3 OL on this list and struggle so badly running the ball????
It's an enigma wrapped in a mystery I tell ya!
Not sure all three were top 2 at their position but we'll take it.
Also....
Slightly above average in run game statistically but this line is almost at the very top in protection.
I guess if we combine those two it add up to very good.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
Micah should be first team, but impressive performance for us nonetheless. Happy for Tyler

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
How in the world can we have 3 OL on this list and struggle so badly running the ball????
It's an enigma wrapped in a mystery I tell ya!
It's year one of the offense. The run game which was already uninspired was carried over from last year. We see less looks then the feces on the wall approach of Moore but it is essentially the same crap we have been running since Linehan was here: middle iso, short stretch/off-tackle, and pitch.

What they do a lot better is disguise their run and pass looks. We are seeing guys wide open in the middle of the field every game biting on play fakes. Moore was much easier to anticipate.

One thing that is encouraging as the use of the fullback to success against the Commodes. I am curious to see how much he trusts Luepke who has been inconsistent over the year.

1942willys

Reaction score
Very informative add there :). If you watched the games this year you would still see a great player but one not as dominant, he gave up more sacks this year than he had the previous 4 years combined.
I frankly could care less what you claim about anything.
Apparently you could not figure that out from my last answer

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I frankly could care less what you claim about anything.
Apparently you could not figure that out from my last answer
If you didn't care, then why even post anything at all? The fact you took time to reply shows you did care, case closed. ;)

Now lets get back to rooting for the Cowboys together!

Tussinman

Reaction score
Have the cowboys ever had a team with 3 all pro offensive linemen in the same season ?
2016 aka the modern great wall Martin, Frederick, and Tyron all made first team.

1996 season was almost the same. Allen and Williams made 1st team and Stepnoski made 2nd team.

Creeper

Reaction score
Not saying you're wrong, personally I think they could have Watt, Parsons, or Crosby there and I woulnd't argue about any of them. Parsons is probably the best pure pass rusher in the game, but I think he gets knocked down a notch in voting because of his run defense.
Could be but he still gets double teamed more than anyone. And the position is "Edge RUSHER". I have watched TJ Watt play and I do not see him get the attention Parsons gets. In fact, I watched him get stuffed by a banged up La'el Collins last year. If Parsons was doubled team only 14% of the time instead of 34%, I can only imagine what his numbers would look like.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
Charvarious Ward made 2nd team. Remember him?

Bobby Wagner 2nd team. The guy still has it and should have been signed by the Cowboys in the offseason.

Aubrey, Mims, and Madubuike are all Collin County guys. Other DFW guys - Maxx Crosby, Tyler Smith, and Myles Garrett.

GDqFXqxXcAAf8i2
GDqFYaBXQAAWPj5

Agree on Bobby but we had no intentions of really signing him.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Why do people keep saying that when it's simply wasn't an option.

Not every player wants to be a Cowboy. He didn't.
Exactly. Just like Shaq Leonard. He had the chance to be a Cowboy. He chose not to. All reports indicate there was a not a money issue, Leonard thought the Eagles were a better opportunity.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
To be fair, I think this forum has an issue with 7 of the 9 All-Pro players.

Only Aubrey and Anger seem beloved. For now. :laugh:
I've noticed that too, especially when we had Maher. Unrequited love from the fans for kickers.
Maybe it's because, realistically, it's the only position that an average fan has a chance of ever becoming? Fans can relate? :huh:

Or maybe it's because it's the most like a baseball position, depending more on the person solo than the teammates, which is where a lot of the arguments and misconceptions start.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Haha...Rockport was the one vote not for CeeDee... on a serious note, I bet it was someone from Miami.
IMO, when there are votes like that, they should kick out the one exception. There's a difference between having a good point and critically thinking about it, and just being an obvious hater or someone who doesn't follow the sport. This is someone being exposed.

How do you not select the guy who is #1 receptions, #2 yards, #2 TDs? Team is 12-5. QB is having a career year thanks to him. And it's not a close battle at all. It's Tyreek Hill, CeeDee Lamb, and everyone else on the numbers.

1942willys

Reaction score
If you didn't care, then why even post anything at all? The fact you took time to reply shows you did care, case closed. ;)

Now lets get back to rooting for the Cowboys together!
The fact that you answered me shows you were butt hurt
CASE CLOSED