AP, Gurley, or Gordon for 2015?

boysfanindc

Reaction score
I would. I think he will be a very good back in this league. I watched him shred my Buckeyes this year. He is fast, has a good burst and runs with power. I think he's the best back in the draft.

I like him a lot but no one is better then Gurley.

He may be the better value though depending on how the draft falls.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
You may be right he has a leaner upper and lower body frame, but I have heard he is a freak in the weight room.

He reminds me of Ahmad Bradshaw, who if did not have injury issues I would see as a every down back.

I like Ajayi a whole lot, but I have seen some tape where he does not seem to run thru tackles and has a tendency to bounce outside when he should not.

But this is nit picking, I would be over joyed with either of them in the second.

Would you consider Coleman in the 2nd?

I like Coleman. If there weren't so many good backs in this draft, I would be talking a lot more about him. He has toughness and some wiggle. I really do like him. He's probably my 4th rated back in this draft.

Gurley
v
Gordon
v
v
Ajayi
v
v
v
v
Coleman

mldardy

Reaction score
I like him a lot but no one is better then Gurley.

He may be the better value though depending on how the draft falls.

I think he's better than Gurley. Can we stop acting like Gurley is God's gift to RB's or this years RB's and he's coming off of an ACL. That scares me a lot. I have seen Coleman run on a bad team and shred some very good teams and defenses. He's the real deal.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
I like Coleman. If there weren't so many good backs in this draft, I would be talking a lot more about him. He has toughness and some wiggle. I really do like him. He's probably my 4th rated back in this draft.

Gurley
v
Gordon
v
v
Ajayi
v
v
v
v
Coleman

I think you order is spot on, first 2 in the first or high 2nd and Ajayi and Coleman right about our spot in the second.

If Gurley falls take him no way you pass, if not OO at DE and Ajayi or Coleman in the 2nd.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
I think he's better than Gurley. Can we stop acting like Gurley is God's gift to RB's or this years RB's and he's coming off of an ACL. That scares me a lot. I have seen Coleman run on a bad team and shred some very good teams and defenses. He's the real deal.

There is no one better then Gurley, knee issue means he plays week 7, worst case.

Gurley is a beast, actually I hope teams shy away.

Watch his tape and tell me who he reminds you of?

By the way I like Coleman a whole lot and would not shed a tear if we got him in the 2nd.

But Gurley does not come around often.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I think you order is spot on, first 2 in the first or high 2nd and Ajayi and Coleman right about our spot in the second.

If Gurley falls take him no way you pass, if not OO at DE and Ajayi or Coleman in the 2nd.

Yeah, Gurley if he's there. I'm sorry he would just be a monster in the Dallas offense. Good luck stopping them on 3rd and 1. And good luck having to deal with the play action passing game. When they fake the handoff to Gurley the whole defense would be moving forward and Dez and Williams would be running down the field with their hand up, waving at Tony.

If he is gone (I really hope he's not), then maybe Gordon, depending on how the Cowboys like him. If not that, then possibly OO if they like him (and I'm not convinced they do), or some other DL guy they like.

I could even see a corner if someone they really like is there like another pet cat of mine Kevin Johnson. Very good prospect and worth the 27th pick IMO.

If they do go defense in the first, then by all means, Ajayi or possibly Coleman. I like both, but Ajayi best. And Dallas loves them some Boise State players, so I'd think Ajayi is definitely on their list.

With knowing that Murray is gone, it really opens up a wide array of possibilities for the first two picks. It changes this draft into a pretty damn good layout for Dallas. If they go BPA, they can get 3 really good players for the team, no matter what position they play.

It is extremely nice to trust the team and their talent evaluations. They've been spot on since 2010. They are doing a lot right.

mldardy

Reaction score
There is no one better then Gurley, knee issue means he plays week 7, worst case.

Gurley is a beast, actually I hope teams shy away.

Watch his tape and tell me who he reminds you of?

By the way I like Coleman a whole lot and would not shed a tear if we got him in the 2nd.

But Gurley does not come around often.

LOL at 'There is no one better then Gurley'. Yeah there is. And I don't have time and hopefully neither will the Cowboys to wait til Week 7.

Joe_Fan

Continuity Is Overrated
Reaction score
If any of the current mock drafts hold true it wouldn't appear that either Gurley or Gordon will make it to our spot in the 1st.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Yeah, Gurley if he's there. I'm sorry he would just be a monster in the Dallas offense. Good luck stopping them on 3rd and 1. And good luck having to deal with the play action passing game. When they fake the handoff to Gurley the whole defense would be moving forward and Dez and Williams would be running down the field with their hand up, waving at Tony.

If he is gone (I really hope he's not), then maybe Gordon, depending on how the Cowboys like him. If not that, then possibly OO if they like him (and I'm not convinced they do), or some other DL guy they like.

I could even see a corner if someone they really like is there like another pet cat of mine Kevin Johnson. Very good prospect and worth the 27th pick IMO.

If they do go defense in the first, then by all means, Ajayi or possibly Coleman. I like both, but Ajayi best. And Dallas loves them some Boise State players, so I'd think Ajayi is definitely on their list.

With knowing that Murray is gone, it really opens up a wide array of possibilities for the first two picks. It changes this draft into a pretty damn good layout for Dallas. If they go BPA, they can get 3 really good players for the team, no matter what position they play.

It is extremely nice to trust the team and their talent evaluations. They've been spot on since 2010. They are doing a lot right.

It IS extremely nice to trust the talent evaluators on this team, it has been awhile since at least I could say that. They are doing a lot right, I believe Jerry/Stephen have finally realized you don;t need to be the smartest guys in the room, you just need to hire the smartest guys in the room.

Man, I dream about Gurley in the backfield, their third down conversion would go through the roof (it was good last year) and the big plays because of play action would take stress off of the D and score a lot of points, 8 men in the box is a Dez dream.

Gurley is my dream scenario, but sadly, I think he will show something before the draft, that will make this a pipe dream, there is no doubt in my mind that this is his plan.

So most likely we will go D in RD1, I like OO, because I think he has 2 upsides, If Lawrence is going to be our WDE pass rusher, OO for the Bruins was the guy who had responsibility for stopping the run, his power and length made him a force and he always sealed the edge. But I also think he has the bend to be a pass rusher.

I am probably pissing in the wind, because I agree the Boys do not like him as much as I do. I would be OK with M. Brown if they went tackle, I don't think they go corner because of Patmon, I think they really like him, but MC is a wild card.

But if they do go D RD 1, I would be all over Ajayi or Coleman late 2nd, you might be right about the Boise connection.

If they go D in RD 1 who are you following?

If there where LB's in RD1 that where worthy of the pick it would be possible if they do not do something with McClain, but once you get past Fowler @ Beasley I don't see one and they both could be top 10/15.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
LOL at 'There is no one better then Gurley'. Yeah there is. And I don't have time and hopefully neither will the Cowboys to wait til Week 7.

That is called short sighted my friend and that is worst case, I believe Gurley is one of those guys that will find a way to be ready way before that.

Offsides

Reaction score
With Seattle signing Lynch up for extra years maybe I'd try to deal for Christine Michael. By the time Lynch is done Michael will be a free agent.

I wouldn't count out Ryan Williams. He looked pretty good last year in preseason and is another year removed from his injuries. Still young.

I'm an Indiana guy and Coleman can run. I know Langford from MSU isn't highly rated as the others but I wouldn't mind nabbing him in the 5th or 6th round.