AP, Gurley, or Gordon for 2015?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
At 27, we don't have too much control over it. Even if we ignore someone takes one or either in the first just because they are BPA, I can see several teams a head of us taking one for need. Miami, Cleveland, San Diego, Arizona and Carolina could easily reach for one of the two, even if everyone here is convinced that neither are worth taking in the top 26

Tractor1

Reaction score
With Peterson looking more and more unlikely, give me Gurley and we're set for the next 8 years with this o-line

I doubt the Cowboys ever offer any running back a second contract again. They'll look for production and value from younger backs working on a their first.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I don't want any of them.

AP older and too expensive.
Gordon...smallish and over-run, and I definitely don't want to use our first rounder on RB.
Gurley is injured, not at full strength yet, so a question mark, and I definitely don't want to use our first round pick on RB.

The other RBs in rounds 2-3-4 aren't necessarily a step below the top two just because they didn't play for top teams. I sure wouldn't use a #1 on Lacy or Richardson just because they looked like gold with Alabama.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Ignore the media and predictors.

Stephen Jackson has been a great pro RB in the NFL, and everyone knew he was a stud coming out of college as the number 1 guy, quick, powerful, and fast, yet he lasted till the end of round 1 and Parcells in his genius passed him up.

jday

Reaction score
Who are you hoping for? It better be one of these 3. After doing so well due to our oline and run game, we will need a solid RB in the backfield to be at the same level we were last year.

Gurley or Gordon would be great. I would be pissed if the Cowboys made even the slightest effort to get AP.

Gurley is the one that I really want but I tell you what: Gordon is a really good RB too. That guy ran in an OL system that is very similar to Dallas' system. I think Gordon would light it up big time as the Cowboys lead back.

So either one really. Either one would by dynamite in Dallas.

If you're telling me to pick one out of the two, it would probably be Gurley but his knee makes it pretty even IMO.

I would absolutely be giddy about Gurley or Gordon, but I have a feeling the Cowboys won't want to draft either in the first round. I think they are hoping to snag Ajayi in the second.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I would absolutely be giddy about Gurley or Gordon, but I have a feeling the Cowboys won't want to draft either in the first round. I think they are hoping to snag Ajayi in the second.

You could be right about that. Particularly with their affinity for Boise State players.

Ajayi might end up being the best of the bunch. Big, tough, elusive runner who would punish defenses. He's a close third IMO, behind Gurley and Gordon.

I'm afraid a few teams might be thinking of nabbing Ajayi in the 2nd round though.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
I don't really know what the best way to go is, but, dude looks like he has some beast mode in him to me.

todd-gurley-ncaa-football-georgia-spring-game1-850x560.jpg

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Most running backs do pan out though. Richardson is the exception more than the rule. McFadden has been hurt and playing in a circus tent.

Exception? Here's the 1st rounders since 2008.

2012 - Trent Richardson, Doug Martin
2011 - Mark Ingram
2010 - CJ Spiller, Ryan Mathews, Jahvid Best
2009 - Knowshon Moreno, Donald Brown, Beanie Wells
2008 - Darren McFadden, Johnathan Stewart, Felix Jones, Rashard Mendenhall, Chris Johnson

spook930

Reaction score
After this signing I see j-Train from bosie being the best RB we would draft.....

jday

Reaction score
You could be right about that. Particularly with their affinity for Boise State players.

Ajayi might end up being the best of the bunch. Big, tough, elusive runner who would punish defenses. He's a close third IMO, behind Gurley and Gordon.

I'm afraid a few teams might be thinking of nabbing Ajayi in the 2nd round though.

Honestly, behind this offensive line, I think any of the 3 (Gurley, Ajayi, Gordon) would work out just fine. So long as the Cowboys get's one of them, I'll be happy.

I just hope they are not thinking McFadden is the solution.

reddyuta

Reaction score
we need to D heavy in the draft,RB is probably coming later.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Honestly, behind this offensive line, I think any of the 3 (Gurley, Ajayi, Gordon) would work out just fine. So long as the Cowboys get's one of them, I'll be happy.

I just hope they are not thinking McFadden is the solution.

I would too but who knows if they'll even take one of them. For a while there I was pretty good at determining what Dallas wanted to do in the draft but since about 2011, I haven't been able to tell much about their plans or the players they eventually end up with.

Don't get me wrong, the players they have picked have all been really good choices... but they've gone in directions that are hard to determine ahead of time.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I get a kick out of some saying we have no chance on AP. Who the hell knows what is going on in Jerry's chamber.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
If I had my pick it would be Gurley. That dude has size and quickness. Was the second fastest RB at the combine this year. He looks perfect for us. But will he last until 27 is the question. If he isn't there, I would be ok with taking Gordon.

AP is a long shot. Only way Vikings trade him is for draft picks and then he would have to drastically lower his pay and I don't see that happening.

Our other option would be to go defense in round and go RB in round 2.

dallasdave

Reaction score
If I had my pick it would be Gurley. That dude has size and quickness. Was the second fastest RB at the combine this year. He looks perfect for us. But will he last until 27 is the question. If he isn't there, I would be ok with taking Gordon.

AP is a long shot. Only way Vikings trade him is for draft picks and then he would have to drastically lower his pay and I don't see that happening.

Our other option would be to go defense in round and go RB in round 2.

Totally agree Gurley and Gordon are the two number 1 picks , but if we don't get either of them go for Jay Ajayi, in the 2nd round.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
And thank you it's not happening, by the way.

If somehow AP landed in Dallas next year, I think that would push this team over the top and into the SB.... Just imagine that power and speed he has , and the ability to just give it to him late in the game and take over. AP in the backfield. Romo at QB, Dez at WR, with witten twill street and beasly...

We would make a SB appearance. I would bet cash money on that.