Apparently Dak is a big tipper

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
According to this tweet, he left a $1,000.00 tip for enthusiastic service. Obviously the tweet is by a fan, but that "4" above the signature makes me think this might really be his receipt.

He must have dug this waitress and her energy. Maybe a little limerance involved here.

Kaiser

Reaction score
The original Barney's is no dive bar. It's a freaking legendary spot. You are certainly spot on about the B list celebs though.

Didn't clock you as being from West Hollywood. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Its a dive. And I've lived in West Hollywood for 20 years, but sure, continue with your lecture.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
We don't know his character as a person. Most of y'all never even shook the mans hands before smh. I honestly don't care if he's a good person or not tbh. I just want him to be a better football player all this groupie worship stuff isn't something I can even be into.

I expected no less from you :facepalm:. Seriously man? You’d rather have a QB that’s a domestic abuser, rude, and known for being a d-bag but a great QB vs a average QB that gets the job done with presence, generosity and being genuine to fans and people around him? Smh. You really won’t give Dak credit for anything? He could donate his entire check to charity and you’d complain.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Its a dive. And I've lived in West Hollywood for 20 years, but sure, continue with your lecture.

Yea, it is pretty much the definition of a dive bar but in a good way. Basically, a local favorite that is very casual. I have watched a few Cowboys games there.

Go to the one in Redondo Beach, a night and day difference :grin:

Kaiser

Reaction score
Yea, it is pretty much the definition of a dive bar but in a good way. Basically, a local favorite that is very casual. I have watched a few Cowboys games there.

One of the guys who does South Park lives right behind Barneys, that is why you hear references to it in South Park episodes.

My favorite Barney's story was like 15 years ago, we went to see Phantom of the Opera at the Pantages and then went to Barney's for some drinks. A young couple got up for Karaoke and did the Love Duet as good or better than what we had just seen with expensive tickets. West Hollywood is a strange and wonderful place, sometimes more strange and sometimes more wonderful.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sad part is most restaruants tip share so that 1000 will get split about 10-15 different ways.
I don't know if I'd say most share tips. Most have to tip out the bartenders, but that doesn't mean they get a percentage of overall tips.

It wouldn't be right to have crappy wait staff make as much in tips as good wait staff.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I don't know if I'd say most share tips. Most have to tip out the bartenders, but that doesn't mean they get a percentage of overall tips.

It wouldn't be right to have crappy wait staff make as much in tips as good wait staff.

You would be surprise. When I was younger I was greeter at a few restaurants unless you were the cook or manager you were all waiters or waitresses so tips were shared among bus staff, hosts, bartenders only shared among bartenders.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You would be surprise. When I was younger I was greeter at a few restaurants unless you were the cook or manager you were all waiters or waitresses so tips were shared among bus staff, hosts, bartenders only shared among bartenders.
I wonder if it's a regional thing. I've only known of a couple of places that did that.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

The vast majority of restaurants do not pool tips. The waiter pays a percentage(about 20%) which goes to the bartender, busboys and hostesses. No waiter wants to share their tips.......

AbeBeta

Reaction score

You must not get out much or come from an extremely privileged background if that's your definition of a dive

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Agreed. I'm glad I never got the chance to dine with him.
I really don't like when people are rude to wait staff. Even if they make a mistake, there's no need to be a dick about it. I'm not the type of person who could be a waiter, and just stand there and take it while some db who wants to feel big berates me over his steak being undercooked.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Even after he picked up his own Gatorade cup that time he missed the trashcan???
Don't care about none of that garbage. That's stuff people infatuated with a person says to make someone sound good. Reminds me of the time my friend said this girl he was seeing at the time was the one because she could write a check at 21 smh. That what these Dak he's a nice person folks sound like. Who cares the average person is "nice" if you get to know them.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I expected no less from you :facepalm:. Seriously man? You’d rather have a QB that’s a domestic abuser, rude, and known for being a d-bag but a great QB vs a average QB that gets the job done with presence, generosity and being genuine to fans and people around him? Smh. You really won’t give Dak credit for anything? He could donate his entire check to charity and you’d complain.
I would expect no less from an emotional person like yourself either. The ole emotional heartstrings doesn't make sense logic. So if I say that Dak being nice is something I don't really care about the next logical step is that I want an abuser and overall mean person? Do you see how stupid you sound? That's not the next logical step at all. Please use common sense I beg of you. Why would I give him credit for doing what we expect from everybody? Please spare me this emotional garbage. Like I keep saying most people are "nice" so that doesn't impress me but when you hero worship folks the smallest junk impresses you. If he gave his whole check I wouldn't care and lastly I didn't complain about Dak at all untruth teller. I'm complaining about y'all Dak worshippers giving the man credit for nothing.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Don't care about none of that garbage. That's stuff people infatuated with a person says to make someone sound good. Reminds me of the time my friend said this girl he was seeing at the time was the one because she could write a check at 21 smh. That what these Dak he's a nice person folks sound like. Who cares the average person is "nice" if you get to know them.
That whole Gatorade cup thing cracked me up. I'm not even ranking on Dak over it, it's nice that he doesn't expect people to follow him around and pick up after him, but neither do I. I just like to rank on all the people who raised his pedestal up another 10 feet because of it. I mean, there was a whole friggin' thread devoted to it! How Dakophantic can people be???

This $1000 tip thread I understand. It's at least more than most of us are capable of doing, and it shows actual appreciation for what someone else is doing in her job. In and of itself, it still doesn't mean he's a philanthropic super nice guy, but it's something to justify liking him personally.