Appears Zion Johnson may not make it to 24

Sydla

Reaction score
If Zion and Davis are gone I’m trading down to late 1 and taking Green or Linderbaum whoever is available

Yep. And in a trade down, it opens up other possibilities position wise. Like say I could slide back into the early 30s and pick up another 2nd rounder? I would then entertain a LB or even WR there if Linderbaum or Green weren't there.

Frankly, considering the fact the two *******es running the roster put so much emphasis on the draft solving all our problems, the more Top 3 round picks we have, the better.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If Zion is gone, I may consider another position for 24 and use 56 or 88 for a guard. In other words, if I can't the best or top 1-2, then BPA may be the best route.

Gaede

Reaction score
Not surprised at all that a top prospect at the position we desperately need to address will go right before us. It's not rocket science why this keeps happening

Sydla

Reaction score
Good. I’m not interested in either OG at 24. No thanks. Meh pick. Won’t make us any better

Who does make us better at 24?

You do realize that we literally don't have a starting LG, right? If the Cowboys take an OG at 24 and he's a good player right from the get go, it actually does make us better since we got subpar LG play last year and let that guy walk in FA.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I don't think there's a large dropoff in talent in this draft from picks 20-50. In fact, I think the second round is super heavy and deep this year.

Dropping out of the first entirely and picking up another couple #2's could be a good thing.

visionary

Reaction score
I don't think there's a large dropoff in talent in this draft from picks 20-50. In fact, I think the second round is super heavy and deep this year.

Dropping out of the first entirely and picking up another couple #2's could be a good thing.

Agree with this with the exception of Davis and Zion. I’m ok trading to late 1 or too 3-5 picks of rd 2 for the right compensation

there is a lot of value in rds 2-3

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Doesn't matter as they are higher on Green.
Are we sure about that. Todd Archer picked Zion on the ESPN mock draft last night. He is pretty plugged in at the Star. I would pick Green because he is younger but they are similar.

New England and Arizona can go a million different ways.