Appears Zion Johnson may not make it to 24

fivetwos

Reaction score
Who does make us better at 24?

You do realize that we literally don't have a starting LG, right? If the Cowboys take an OG at 24 and he's a good player right from the get go, it actually does make us better since we got subpar LG play last year and let that guy walk in FA.
I would not at all dismiss the possibility that they think they can find a starting LG in the later rounds.

Yep, I know the response, just saying what THEY may be thinking.

If the right pass rusher falls they need to be in on him, then pick up one of the FA LG left.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Zion has the higher floor, but Green the higher upside. Green is an excellent run blocker, but needs some development as a pass protector. Zion is the better pass protector.
Honestly with all I can digest between the two, I'm more comfortable with Zion, and thats my hope at this point.

If JJohnson starts to slip into an affordable trade up range, I'm intrigued. Other than that I'm rooting for Zion at 24.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Honestly with all I can digest between the two, I'm more comfortable with Zion, and thats my hope at this point.

If JJohnson starts to slip into an affordable trade up range, I'm intrigued. Other than that I'm rooting for Zion at 24.
I'm fine with either two guards.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm fine with either two guards.
Yep. I'm thinking Zion is more versatile, which helps as we transition away from Smith and Martin.

Badly want to take advantage of mid round TE and EDGE.

Hoping to begin to reshape RB as well.

Looking forward to your reaction and comments.

Star Guard_31

Reaction score
Green will have a short 4-5 year career at best. That scares me at 24.

Agreed. Green reminds me of someone like Trai Turner who may have a productive but short career.

The candle doesn't burn long for linemen who lack athleticism and rely on pure power.

John813

Reaction score
Smoke Smoke Smoke

Zion will be there at 24, and Dallas will draft Burks. We will all curse and say how much Jerry is ruining this franchise.

Then come the start of the season, we will be all saying how Burks and Lamb are gonna light up this league.

Then Dak gets hurt and don't make the playoffs...end up with a top 5 pick.

Release Zeke....everyone is happy

Then draft a RB in the top 5.....we are all mad again.

punisher-the-punisher.gif

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Yep. I'm thinking Zion is more versatile, which helps as we transition away from Smith and Martin.

Badly want to take advantage of mid round TE and EDGE.

Hoping to begin to reshape RB as well.

Looking forward to your reaction and comments.
Think their priorities are at OL, WR, TE and Edge.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Think their priorities are at OL, WR, TE and Edge.
Yep that's clear.

I dont think WR is as big a "need" as most do.

Add a shifty slot type in the 5th (think Beasley) and we are complete as far as I'm concerned.