Appears Zion Johnson may not make it to 24

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Agree with this with the exception of Davis and Zion. I’m ok trading to late 1 or too 3-5 picks of rd 2 for the right compensation

there is a lot of value in rds 2-3

I don't necessarily want to target positions in certain rounds, but Round 2 has such outstanding LB value that it seems the best place to me to nab a good prospect.

visionary

Reaction score
I don't necessarily want to target positions in certain rounds, but Round 2 has such outstanding LB value that it seems the best place to me to nab a good prospect.

If we take OG with the first pick I’m going DL and Woods (TE) in rd 2 over a LB

Carson

Reaction score
Are we sure about that. Todd Archer picked Zion on the ESPN mock draft last night. He is pretty plugged in at the Star. I would pick Green because he is younger but they are similar.

New England and Arizona can go a million different ways.
Question is how serious are Green's knee issues? I don't think its degenerative but it still could cost him time and or years

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Smoke Smoke Smoke

Zion will be there at 24, and Dallas will draft Burks. We will all curse and say how much Jerry is ruining this franchise.

Then come the start of the season, we will be all saying how Burks and Lamb are gonna light up this league.

Then Dak gets hurt and don't make the playoffs...end up with a top 5 pick.

Release Zeke....everyone is happy

Then draft a RB in the top 5.....we are all mad again.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Question is how serious are Green's knee issues? I don't think its degenerative but it still could cost him time and or years
We picked LVE and he had a neck issue. Look how that turned out.:omg::confused::facepalm:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I don't think there's a large dropoff in talent in this draft from picks 20-50. In fact, I think the second round is super heavy and deep this year.

Dropping out of the first entirely and picking up another couple #2's could be a good thing.

Same here, I'm not convinced you can't get a darn good one with 56 w/o much drop-off.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Are we sure about that. Todd Archer picked Zion on the ESPN mock draft last night. He is pretty plugged in at the Star. I would pick Green because he is younger but they are similar.

New England and Arizona can go a million different ways.
I fully believe if they stay at 24, Green is going to be the pick, unless something unexpected happens.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I fully believe if they stay at 24, Green is going to be the pick, unless something unexpected happens.
Do you see a real difference between the two? I don’t see anything but I like a 21 year old newbie more. Supposedly Zion is a football genius and tested better at the combine. I bet the draft room is devided similarly like with Horne and Surtain. The scouts probably like Green while the coaches like Zion.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Do you see a real difference between the two? I don’t see anything but I like a 21 year old newbie more. Supposedly Zion is a football genius and tested better at the combine. I bet the draft room is devided similarly like with Horne and Surtain. The scouts probably like Green while the coaches like Zion.
Zion has the higher floor, but Green the higher upside. Green is an excellent run blocker, but needs some development as a pass protector. Zion is the better pass protector.

Carson

Reaction score
It's hard to know what they are thinking.

But too me, Zion just seems like massive upside and is still growing. We have to remember, he was a 0 star recruit, went to Davidson and transferred to BC at only 265 pounds. He started out at Davidson and they ran the triple option.

To me ... Zion is your plug and play LG who can play center. He can move to LT in the future but is better suited at guard. You take Green if you plan on moving him to LT in the future. Both can play tackle ... but I feel Zion is the better guard.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
It's hard to know what they are thinking.

But too me, Zion just seems like massive upside and is still growing. We have to remember, he was a 0 star recruit, went to Davidson and transferred to BC at only 265 pounds. He started out at Davidson and they ran the triple option.

To me ... Zion is your plug and play LG who can play center. He can move to LT in the future but is better suited at guard. You take Green if you plan on moving him to LT in the future. Both can play tackle ... but I feel Zion is the better guard.
Zion seems like a good dude. I won’t complain either way.

quickccc

Reaction score
Doesn't help that all eyes on always on Cowboys hint, clue and intentions.

But i feel confident McClay will stick with his board, and not drafting any OG for the sake of desperate need of taking an OG position.

If Green or Johnson is gone and out of Group A,... then it's plan B, ..or going to Group B

JBS

Reaction score
Who does make us better at 24?

You do realize that we literally don't have a starting LG, right? If the Cowboys take an OG at 24 and he's a good player right from the get go, it actually does make us better since we got subpar LG play last year and let that guy walk in FA.

going to need a better player to get instant upgrade. We don’t have a starting guard right now, but you can find one later in the draft. If the board is absolutely wiped out. Then guard comes into play. But it won’t be.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Good. I’m not interested in either OG at 24. No thanks. Meh pick. Won’t make us any better
It will make the team a lot better than a guard at 88. A guard at 56 or 88 is at BEST equal to Connor Williams last year. And I’m hesitant to think even that given normal rookie time to adapt and get NFL strong.

You’re not going to find a receiver anywhere to replace Amari. So strengthen the team at the OL and get what you can elsewhere.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Smoke Smoke Smoke

Zion will be there at 24, and Dallas will draft Burks. We will all curse and say how much Jerry is ruining this franchise.

Then come the start of the season, we will be all saying how Burks and Lamb are gonna light up this league.

Then Dak gets hurt and don't make the playoffs...end up with a top 5 pick.

Release Zeke....everyone is happy

Then draft a RB in the top 5.....we are all mad again.
I will never say Burks is going to dominate. People love him because he’s as versatile as Deebo. What makes Deebo great is in large part due to SFs run scheme which increases his ability. Put him with a bad OL and it won’t be as good. As a pure WR he’s not a great fit.

Carson

Reaction score
I will never say Burks is going to dominate. People love him because he’s as versatile as Deebo. What makes Deebo great is in large part due to SFs run scheme which increases his ability. Put him with a bad OL and it won’t be as good. As a pure WR he’s not a great fit.
Is Burks really versatile? Or is it, he's just a dog on an average Arkansas team and just played all over and he did all he could to help them win