Apple becomes world's 1st trillion-dollar company

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I have contributed to their success by purchasing many of their products...

I have not. :)

That said, a Mac is probably the closest thing I would consider of theirs, but that is mainly from my *nix background and many main stream apps being supported on OSX and not supported on Linux.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Dumping nearly my life savings into Apple stock as a high school senior was easily the best financial decision I ever made. I just wish I had rich parents or something and had been able to put more in.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I never gave them one red cent. And I never will. They rip the consumers off too much. Always a new AND better iPhone (product) within a years time. The latest model is over a grand. How do you think they became the world's first Trillion dollar company?! No thank you.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While I will always choose android over apple and PC over Apple.

It is pretty amazing for a company that basically does phones, tablets, computers and ipods.

What I mean is...Look at Samsung (which I love my note 8 as the best phone I have ever had and blows away my wife's IphoneX)...they have phones, tablets but they also have been doing other stuff for years..>Stereos, TVs, Fridges, stoves, dishwashers, microwaves and do on.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I never gave them one red cent. And I never will. They rip the consumers off too much. Always a new AND better iPhone (product) within a years time. The latest model is over a grand. How do you think they became the world's first Trillion dollar company?! No thank you.
You don't have to buy a new phone every year.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Same here and the HomePod sucks because of that deaf ***** Siri. However, the EarPods are good, just that the charge doesn't last long enough. And Apple Music has cured me of my CD buying habit.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It is pretty amazing for a company that basically does phones, tablets, computers and ipods.

What I mean is...Look at Samsung (which I love my note 8 as the best phone I have ever had and blows away my wife's IphoneX)...they have phones, tablets but they also have been doing other stuff for years..>Stereos, TVs, Fridges, stoves, dishwashers, microwaves and do on.
Appleheads are among the most fiercely loyal fans of any company and the most forgiving. They know they're being used as beta for new products and don't care.

I will say this after owning a lot of Apple products except for desktops and laptops, they're the best customer service company I have ever dealt with and that's why I stay with them.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Appleheads are among the most fiercely loyal fans of any company and the most forgiving. They know they're being used as beta for new products and don't care.

I will say this after owning a lot of Apple products except for desktops and laptops, they're the best customer service company I have ever dealt with and that's why I stay with them.

Again...even if you don't like apple...gotta give them credit.

Even when their products are inferior, even when they come out with new options on their phones that have been on android phones for years...they still do great PR and Advertisment, great customer service and so on to retain a good number of their customers.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I may be wrong, but I think if you have anything Apple, you can only link it with other Apple products, so that would explain a good deal of their profit.

Jenky

Reaction score
I may be wrong, but I think if you have anything Apple, you can only link it with other Apple products, so that would explain a good deal of their profit.

What do you mean by this? I can link my airpods to any bluetooth enabled device. I can install iTunes on windows and sync my iPhone to my dell computer.

Apple stuff works BETTER within its eco system (and i mean stupid easy) but it also works with other systems.

lukin2006

Reaction score

I'm still using a iPhone 6. I like apple for their great customer service and I much prefer OSX to windows. I have also had 3 Macs ... the first 2 I had for 10 and 8 years.

lukin2006

Reaction score
What do you mean by this? I can link my airpods to any bluetooth enabled device. I can install iTunes on windows and sync my iPhone to my dell computer.

Apple stuff works BETTER within its eco system (and i mean stupid easy) but it also works with other systems.

Runwildboys might be thinking Apple Watch. which helps if you have an iPhone. Plus many people are looped into apples infrastructure ... being able to access photos, iMessage and iCloud on any apple device...

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Hey, I said I may be wrong!
:angry: :laugh:
The way I hear people gripe about Apple's lack of compatibility, it seems like it must be impossible!

lukin2006

Reaction score
I have had both Samsung phones and tablets and I prefer apple...

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey, I said I may be wrong!
:angry: :laugh:
The way I hear people gripe about Apple's lack of compatibility, it seems like it must be impossible!

You are correct in some ways...incorrect in others.

If you want to replace hardware in a apple PC or Mac Laptop...you have to, or at least you had to at one time, buy from apple products to replace them.

If you wanted to replace a battery, had to get an apple product battery. so on and so on.

With android (or at least samsung)...There were many options of batteries I could buy to replace on if it went bad.

With PC...I could replace every part in my computer or make a whole new computer with different companies parts.

----

However as he said...If you have been apple for years and have an extensive amount of songs you bought from Itunes.

You can have Itunes running on a regular PC and then get numerous programs to convert those songs to be exported/imported to an android phone....and vice versa

When I had an Iphone4 I had plenty of songs that I eventually converted/moved to my android.

There are times when I might get songs from Google Play that my wife wants...I can take them from my phone, to the computer, import them to itunes program on computer and then synch that to my wifes phone.