Apple becomes world's 1st trillion-dollar company

Hardline

Reaction score
The last Apple product I purchased .
__57.jpg

nobody

Reaction score
Very fair points. Apple did address the slowing down when a new OS is released. I believe they no longer will be doing that. Everyone has there own preference. The Samsungs I owned were quality products no doubt. In my case I'm just so used to apple OS I'd just rather stick with them...

Whether they addressed it or not, they knowingly and happily did it in the first place to screw people over to force them to buy more product. That's extremely unethical and shows what they truly value. Their promises mean nothing. They'll just find new ways to screw people over for the dollar if they don't just find some new way to slow people down again. That people still trust them makes me laugh at their naivity.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Whether they addressed it or not, they knowingly and happily did it in the first place to screw people over to force them to buy more product. That's extremely unethical and shows what they truly value. Their promises mean nothing. They'll just find new ways to screw people over for the dollar if they don't just find some new way to slow people down again. That people still trust them makes me laugh at their naivity.

I doubt apple forced anyone to buy a phone, tablet or computer. I'm still on an iPhone 6 ...

lukin2006

Reaction score
They're coming for you.

Apple is no different than any other company ... they use great marketing to sell their products. They just happen to be very successful at marketing their product. By no means have I ever felt a need to upgrade ...

Best customer service experience I've ever had ... both in store and telephone support.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They tried. That's what matters.
They don't exactly hold the patent on intentionally making their products with just enough quality to make people spend more and more money on them than they really need to.
Look at the auto parts industry, for example...especially commercial trucks. The parts are made more inferior with every generation, whether by substituting metal for plastic, or any other method of making the parts less durable. They do this both to save money in manufacturing, while not passing the savings on to the consumer (and often increasing the price), and designing the parts to wear faster, so they can sell more of them. It's pretty sickening how little pride companies have in making quality products anymore.

nobody

Reaction score
They don't exactly hold the patent on intentionally making their products with just enough quality to make people spend more and more money on them than they really need to.
Look at the auto parts industry, for example...especially commercial trucks. The parts are made more inferior with every generation, whether by substituting metal for plastic, or any other method of making the parts less durable. They do this both to save money in manufacturing, while not passing the savings on to the consumer (and often increasing the price), and designing the parts to wear faster, so they can sell more of them. It's pretty sickening how little pride companies have in making quality products anymore.

It is sickening. They should be called on it every time they're caught doing it. What's also sickening is the lengths some people will go to defend the behavior because they fanboys of the company. ;)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It is sickening. They should be called on it every time they're caught doing it. What's also sickening is the lengths some people will go to defend the behavior because they fanboys of the company. ;)
Well, people don't want to feel foolish for being loyal. I think it's that simple.

nobody

Reaction score
Well, people don't want to feel foolish for being loyal. I think it's that simple.

Heaven forbid people actually take new information and alter their opinion to fit facts (and show wisdom), not worrying about being thought foolish before even with incomplete information. Better to just stubbornly stick to what they believed before and prove beyond a shadow of a doubt their foolishness. lol

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Heaven forbid people actually take new information and alter their opinion to fit facts (and show wisdom), not worrying about being thought foolish before even with incomplete information. Better to just stubbornly stick to what they believed before and prove beyond a shadow of a doubt their foolishness. lol
Human nature, my friend. I've found myself guilty of it on several occasions, and upon realizing it, altered my stance, but I don't think people always see it in themselves.

nobody

Reaction score
Human nature, my friend. I've found myself guilty of it on several occasions, and upon realizing it, altered my stance, but I don't think people always see it in themselves.

It's definitely human nature and something you have to consciously train yourself to recognize it in yourself.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I have never and will never support them.They are nothing to me but a PR firm.
I also never and will never support Microsoft.Both companies selling you the same product over and over with minor changes and overcharge for it.