Apple Is the Biggest Smartphone Company In the World

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
kapolani;4001403 said:
My daughter's nanny just got the Thunderbolt. Have to say that it's a pretty slick phone. I liked it a lot. The only bad thing about it is the battery life! She has to plug it in three times during the day while she's watching my daughter.

If the next iPhone doesn't blow me away - or at least had a few more bells and whistles - I might have to take a look at Android. Reading good things about the Samsung and the newest Nexus.
My father in law has one. I played with it. I'd never consider buying one.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
theogt;4001436 said:
My father in law has one. I played with it. I'd never consider buying one.

The Verizon people pretty much laughed in my face when I told them I was considering an iPhone. Like I said the decision was easy. Love my Bolt.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
The Ominous;4001461 said:
The Verizon people pretty much laughed in my face when I told them I was considering an iPhone. Like I said the decision was easy. Love my Bolt.
They must prefer inferior phones.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
theogt;4001477 said:

:signmast:

It's beyond me why anyone would choose any phone other than the iPhone if given the choice. And it's not because the other phones are bad......there are some other decent phones out there. However, nothing can touch the iPhone.....NOTHING!

Spectacular (iPhone) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Decent (any non-iPhone)

And this is coming from a previous Apple skeptic.....

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
theogt;4001477 said:

Or your just sheep like the rest. (as if this needed to be posted)

btw, the 97% iPad owners is now 61%. The rest. Yeah, Android tablet owners. (and growing)

May Apple die again and Jobs follow in Apples regular footsteps. (ie death throws)

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Robbieac;4001489 said:
:signmast:

It's beyond me why anyone would choose any phone other than the iPhone if given the choice. And it's not because the other phones are bad......there are some other decent phones out there. However, nothing can touch the iPhone.....NOTHING!

Spectacular (iPhone) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Decent (any non-iPhone)

And this is coming from a previous Apple skeptic.....

Ragu Effect in action.

Obviously you can't see where Apple products are quickly losing ground to Android. (and in many cases already lost) Apple's development can't keep up with Android. Android is a racecar. Apple was clearly the first to market and that was HUGE. Though like the Roman Empire, they are going to fall for the sheer fact that they cannot keep up with an open source product just like Windows, and Unix can't keep up with Linux.

kapolani

Reaction score
nyc;4001574 said:
Ragu Effect in action.

Obviously you can't see where Apple products are quickly losing ground to Android. (and in many cases already lost) Apple's development can't keep up with Android. Android is a racecar. Apple was clearly the first to market and that was HUGE. Though like the Roman Empire, they are going to fall for the sheer fact that they cannot keep up with an open source product just like Windows, and Unix can't keep up with Linux.

Don't you fandroids say that every year?

But, every year AAPL continues making money hand over fist with their product.

Every year since Android has come out people scream from the rooftops "Just you wait Apple!"

Numbers are showing that Android actually lost ground to IOS. Partly due to the fact that Verizon started selling the iPhone. Think about that for a second. The iPhone 5 is right around the corner, yet people bought millions of them. I suspect once the iPhone 5 is released you'll see even more ground made up. Who knows. Maybe more carriers will start selling the iPhone. I haven't even mentioned the boom in growth over seas in China.

Reaction score
theogt;4001176 said:
Ford fan: "The Mustang outsells the Camaro."

Chevy fan: "Oh yeah, well all Chevy sales combined are more than Mustang sales."

You kind of missed my point. My point is Apple is doing better at every other cell phone maker at selling phones. Google is doing better than every other company at getting the maximum number of users on their mobile OS. It's almost two entirely different business models. Google has no expense when HTC, Motorola, or Samsung sells a sweet android phone using their OS. It just means more people using android, which means more people seeing ads when they do google searches on the phone. That's Google's business model.

I have an HTC Evo, and I've also played with one of my good friend's iphones extensively. I can say without a doubt I would never trade mine for hers. The apps as a whole on the Iphone are superior, but for my purposes, and for the functionality I prefer, I just wouldn't trade.

Some people can actually appreciate how great of a company Apple is, and how great of a company Google is, and not have to be a fanatic about it.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Joshmvii;4001638 said:
You kind of missed my point. My point is Apple is doing better at every other cell phone maker at selling phones. Google is doing better than every other company at getting the maximum number of users on their mobile OS. It's almost two entirely different business models. Google has no expense when HTC, Motorola, or Samsung sells a sweet android phone using their OS. It just means more people using android, which means more people seeing ads when they do google searches on the phone. That's Google's business model.

I have an HTC Evo, and I've also played with one of my good friend's iphones extensively. I can say without a doubt I would never trade mine for hers. The apps as a whole on the Iphone are superior, but for my purposes, and for the functionality I prefer, I just wouldn't trade.

Some people can actually appreciate how great of a company Apple is, and how great of a company Google is, and not have to be a fanatic about it.
I'm pretty sure this thread was about making cell phones. If we're talking mobile operating systems, then Apple has the largest market share by a wide margin.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
nyc;4001573 said:

btw, the 97% iPad owners is now 61%. The rest. Yeah, Android tablet owners. (and growing)

May Apple die again and Jobs follow in Apples regular footsteps. (ie death throws)
Actually, iPad market share remains above 80% (probably over 90%) and likely will for the foreseeable future. No other tablet makes up even 5% of market share. You have to look at units sold not units shipped. Shipped does not equal sold.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I hate Apple but the interface on the iPhone is much better then my current Android and it integrates into my car audio system much better then my Android.

To me the two biggest problem was the phone, the interface was great but the phone sucked in general, the speaker phone was awful and it was consistently dropping calls. Though I think the latter was ATT's over priced, and under powered network.

I am due for a new phone and will seriously consider the iPhone 5 when it is released later this year. Especially now that I wouldnt have to go back to ATT to get one.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
nyc;4001573 said:

Just curious - why so much hate for Apple?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
nyc-cowboy;4001827 said:
Just curious - why so much hate for Apple?

It's not Apple that I hate. It's Steve Jobs. The why for that hate should be easy to figure out. ;)

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;4001176 said:
Ford fan: "The Mustang outsells the Camaro."

Chevy fan: "Oh yeah, well all Chevy sales combined are more than Mustang sales."

Shut your pie hole when it comes to camaros and mustangs.

Camaros rock.

;) :p:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4002440 said:
Shut your pie hole when it comes to camaros and mustangs.

Camaros rock.

;) :p:
I agree. Mustangs are for teenage girls. Camaros are muscle cars.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
The Ominous;4001461 said:

I'm gonna call BS on that one. :rolleyes:

I can completely understand some people not being down with Apple's environment, but there is absolutely no denying that the iPhone is a great phone.

kapolani

Reaction score