Apple Is the Biggest Smartphone Company In the World

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
TheCount;4003342 said:
I'm gonna call BS on that one. :rolleyes:

I can completely understand some people not being down with Apple's environment, but there is absolutely no denying that the iPhone is a great phone.

I couldn't care less if you believe it or not. Very glad that Verizon did what they did, because they lead me to a much superior phone.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
The Ominous;4003419 said:
I couldn't care less if you believe it or not. Very glad that Verizon did what they did, because they lead me to a much superior phone.

But he did call BS. :)

All joking aside. How many Apple user love surfing websites and seeing those cute FLASH icons not working, or ever working?

Does it get old? Does it make you want to go buy an App from the market so that you can 3rd party your way through surfing? :cool:

My HTC does everything your iPhone can do and more.

It's also 4G. Where you @? Where you @?

Awesome that Apple is the biggest/consistently "behind" everyone else smartphone company in the world.

Gratz n stuffs.

OMG I got an 8MG camera on my phone!!!

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas;4003427 said:
But he did call BS. :)

All joking aside. How many Apple user love surfing websites and seeing those cute FLASH icons not working, or ever working?

Does it get old? Does it make you want to go buy an App from the market so that you can 3rd party your way through surfing? :cool:

Awesome that Apple is the biggest/consistently "behind" everyone else smartphone company in the world.

Gratz n stuffs.

OMG I got an 8MG camera on my phone!!!

I like my Iphone and I watch videos on the web while surfing.

But I would never buy an apple desktop.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4003608 said:
I like my Iphone and I watch videos on the web while surfing.

But I would never buy an apple desktop.

Flash is more than videos. :laugh2:

Ohhhh Brainpaint...you've did it again.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas;4003623 said:
Flash is more than videos. :laugh2:

Ohhhh Brainpaint...you've did it again.

Yes I know but what else am I going to bother with on my phone that requires flash.

It's not like I am going to load up games on websites when I can just download games as apps.

I also doubt I am going to be going to a bunch of websites that are flash heavy.

So...It is not like I am missing out on so much.

These phone war arguments are really kind of lame. Like I need to be able to do 50,000 things on a freaking phone...that is what a computer is for. I hate freaking texting anyway so I am not going to be doing any intensive stuff on my phone.

My phone is for emergencies to call if I need to. Play a few games to waste time, watch a video or two to waste time, surf the web and to listen to some music. I don't get what someone would need much more than that on their phone.

I read or hear people say...well I need a better phone for my work...what do you need that is so special for your work that you could not get on an iphone vs any other smart phone? Seriously are people doing rocket science on a crazy app that requires a website that needs flash and you have to download a few seconds faster in order to save the world? :laugh2:

I could understand the apple computer vs regular PC arguments because you can take your computer apart and remove or add new hardware and things but a phone?

Hey look got the new HTC Thunderbolt and it is better than the Iphone because I can download an app faster that requires flash so I can shoot lightning bolts out my backside. :laugh2:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
The Ominous;4003419 said:

Not only do I not beleive it, I called BS. Hell, I call Trolling. :laugh2:

I don't give a damn what phone anyone uses, everyone should use what works best for them. For me, if it were an android, then it would be an android.

The whole Android vs iOs argument is silly unless you're being paid to make it. Who cares?

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
TheCount;4004181 said:
Not only do I not beleive it, I called BS. Hell, I call Trolling. :laugh2:

I don't give a damn what phone anyone uses, everyone should use what works best for them. For me, if it were an android, then it would be an android.

The whole Android vs iOs argument is silly unless you're being paid to make it. Who cares?

It's cool. I feel sorry for your ignorance and jealousy regarding my ultimately more amazing phone. Verizon needs to be commended for their sales bravery in my situation. The iPhone is awesome. All my friends' girlfriends have one and I initially wanted one. But thankfully I was steered in a better direction.

kapolani

Reaction score
Dallas;4003427 said:

Falsh? LOL. You said Flash?

:lmao:

Big deal. Maybe I've run into the problem once.

Protip: Flash is dying. It's crap. Plain and simple. HTML5 is where things are goin.

How's that battery treating you?

Sweet! 4G! Now you can download all those torrent files. Oh, wait. Now you can reach your data cap faster. LOL.

Uh, right.

kapolani

Reaction score
theogt;4003596 said:
FYI, Samsung is the one that reported they had sold 2 million Galaxy Tabs earlier this year, when in fact they had only "shipped" 2 million Galaxy Tabs and only a fraction of those were sold. In other words, some manufacturers report "shipped" numbers, but Apple reports "sold" numbers. These are not directly comparable.

You might want to look at return rates as well.

Some Android phones are seeing return rates approaching 40% compared to the iPhone's 1.7%.

Most users of Android (guys with neck beards) find the phone sufficient because they can 'hack it' and stuff. But, the average consumer finds the phone limited in breadth of apps and daily ease of use, prompting the return rates.

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
I've got an Optimus V with Virgin Mobiles. For $25/month, I get unlimited txt and data, and 300 minutes (I don't use b/c I use groove IP, which gives me unlimited talk)

I'm thinking of upgrading to the Motorola Triumph although not sure I want to quaff up the $250 for it. Still, after several months, it pays for itself over pretty much any post-paid phone.

I <3 android, and can't say I've ever been tempted by apple's products.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
kapolani;4004435 said:
You might want to look at return rates as well.

Some Android phones are seeing return rates approaching 40% compared to the iPhone's 1.7%.

Most users of Android (guys with neck beards) find the phone sufficient because they can 'hack it' and stuff. But, the average consumer finds the phone limited in breadth of apps and daily ease of use, prompting the return rates.

Is that 1.7% updated, or the same 1.7% return rate that Jobs spoke of in 2010 during the antenna issue?

Which Android phones are having such huge return rates?

I'm on the fence on my upgrade and since I'm with Verizon, I've got both options available.

Reaction score
There's actually a great piece in the latest issue of Fortune, called something like how Android conquered the smartphone world. It talks about how based on their exponential growth there will be over 200 million users of the Android mobile platform by the end of next year.

I still don't understand why people try to compare Iphones to "Android." It's a pointless debate. One company has become the best at selling their phone, and the other has become the best at creating an open OS that gets more people using their search, thus leading to more ad revenue, which is what they're all about.

The true comparison would be between Iphone and a specific phone manufacturer like HTC or Samsung, and obviously apple is going to win that fight. If they ever bring the Iphone to even more carriers the numbers will be even more skewed.

kapolani

Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;4004451 said:
Is that 1.7% updated, or the same 1.7% return rate that Jobs spoke of in 2010 during the antenna issue?

Which Android phones are having such huge return rates?

I'm on the fence on my upgrade and since I'm with Verizon, I've got both options available.

I really should post links when throwing out stats. I can't find the link. I read it through my Google Reader feed.

I think it was across the whole Android lineup. Not any phone in particular.

I'm not sure how Verizon works, but I do believe you have 30 days to return a phone. Find one that suits you. Try it out for a bit. If you don't like it try another.

The common complaints I hear from the Android side. Not as many (good) apps. The user interface is often buggy or lags. Battery life is atrocious.

If you are looking at the iPhone - I would wait until at least September. There's talk that the next iteration is coming out (iPhone 5).

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
kapolani you married? I bet you wouldn't be if she proved you wrong. ..well you wouldn't allow that would you? 1.7% change that happens right? :muttley:

Can you be a troll and a tool at the same time? kapolani proves you can.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
The Ominous;4004415 said:
It's cool. I feel sorry for your ignorance and jealousy regarding my ultimately more amazing phone. Verizon needs to be commended for their sales bravery in my situation. The iPhone is awesome. All my friends' girlfriends have one and I initially wanted one. But thankfully I was steered in a better direction.

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Oh brother.

This is you:
Trollface.jpg

And sorry, but I don't feed trolls. I wish you and your phone a joyous life together.

kapolani

Reaction score
nyc;4004509 said:
kapolani you married? I bet you wouldn't be if she proved you wrong. ..well you wouldn't allow that would you? 1.7% change that happens right? :muttley:

Can you be a troll and a tool at the same time? kapolani proves you can.

http://techcrunch.com/2011/07/26/an...ing-numbers-are-strong-but-returns-are-30-40/

You're the biggest tool on here.

Your hard on for SJobs is bordering on insanity. Almost makes me think you have some pent up homoerotic thing going for him.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

I'm sorry he pooned your boyfriend, but just move on.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
kapolani;4004533 said:
http://techcrunch.com/2011/07/26/an...ing-numbers-are-strong-but-returns-are-30-40/

You're the biggest tool on here.

Your hard on for SJobs is bordering on insanity. Almost makes me think you have some pent up homoerotic thing going for him.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

I'm sorry he pooned your boyfriend, but just move on.

My nameless person familiar with handset sales for multiple manufacturers says that your nameless person familiar with handset sales for multiple manufacturers is a load of ****. :rolleyes:

...but you're one of the Apple sheep and would believe such fodder from someone who won't even tell you his source.

Give me a freaking break. The iPhone 4 return rate is above 1.7%, it's just that Jobs would never admit that publicly. Jobs has been proved to be a lying sack of **** a dozen times already. I especially love the way he blames his users instead of his product when there is a problem. The "antenna gate" proved that to be true.

That said, I'm sure there are models of Android phones that do have higher returns rates. Especially those where they try to make a phone so cheap that is ends up being a POS. Of course, if you get your phone for free, then you probably got what you pay for.

Pay ****, get ****. My Nexus One is still better than most phones on the market today.

sheep.jpg

kapolani

Reaction score
nyc;4004569 said:
My nameless person familiar with handset sales for multiple manufacturers says that your nameless person familiar with handset sales for multiple manufacturers is a load of ****. :rolleyes:

...but you're one of the Apple sheep and would believe such fodder from someone who won't even tell you his source.

Give me a freaking break. The iPhone 4 return rate is above 1.7%, it's just that Jobs would never admit that publicly. Jobs has been proved to be a lying sack of **** a dozen times already. I especially love the way he blames his users instead of his product when there is a problem. The "antenna gate" proved that to be true.

That said, I'm sure there are models of Android phones that do have higher returns rates. Especially those where they try to make a phone so cheap that is ends up being a POS. Of course, if you get your phone for free, then you probably got what you pay for.

Pay ****, get ****. My Nexus One is still better than most phones on the market today.

sheep.jpg

lol.

umadbro?