Apple: No nose! I hate you Googliles!

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
I tried to figure this thread out. My head now hurts.

Between the title and everything else, it's like Ray Charles putting a jigsaw puzzle together.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Hostile;3264347 said:
I am so lost. I can't decipher the thread title from the article and the responses and figure out what in the blue hell is going on.

You're probably better off...
:laugh2:

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;3264352 said:
Apple...OK.

Steve Jobs....Very Bad.

Per nyc

That's like saying water ok; wet, very bad.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
c0wb0y_m0nkey;3264311 said:
Did he force you to buy an iPhone and then not allow you to do what you want with it? No he just made the best phone there is, and then locked it down so crappy apps cannot run rampant on it.
Oh, I didn't realize Google Voice was a crappy app. :rolleyes:
Is he forcing people to read eBooks on iPads, no there is still the kindle, the Soiny and about 20 other variants out there. Since when has a company been forced to raise their prices in response to another company? If anything they benefit from the strong selling point of cheaper content.
Umm, no. Amazon was then forced to raise their prices.
Is he forcing you to use Mac OS over Windows or one of the 1000 variants of Linux? All of which are free? No, he is building the best OS for their hardware, and notice that it does not have the driver issues Windows does...
Lame. If I buy a Dell with Windows or Linux pre-installed and you won't have driver issues. Why? Cause it's the same ****. Dell drivers specifically written for Dell hardware. :rolleyes:

Windows isn't making your hardware not work. It's the poor drivers written by a company that probably hired inexperienced kids right out of high school to write them!

You buy a Dell Precision Workstations, you're not going to have driver issues. You've been listening to to many of the lies fired out of Mr. Job's propaganda machine.

I agree that you have the right to piss and moan about any company to your hearts content, but to compare yourselves to our founding fathers is let's just say... ridiculous.
What makes me any different than our founding fathers? The fact that I didn't take up a gun and shoot someone cause I didn't like what they were doing? I'm an American fighting for something I believe in just like they did.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
vta;3264345 said:
T
:lmao2:

You just named a bunch of products I have.
2 WD Raptor HD's.
NVidia card.
Logitech mouse.
Samsung monitor
I bought my RAM from Newegg, so I guess you got me there...
But I did choose these products of my own free will.

Oh and guess what, I can install all of those OS's too, including Mac OSX.

Are you sure I'm the one who's losing? Maybe you should temper your hate and you'll see you can do a lot with an Apple computer.
I paid $89 for my Asus motherboard. Whatcha pay for yours?

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
nyc;3264397 said:
I paid $89 for my Asus motherboard. Whatcha pay for yours?

It came with the computer.

I should also alert you to this: Autodesk bought up superior competitors in Maya and Softimage; they are lax about their updates on those products, while giving preferential treatment to their own inferior 3DS.

Wouldn't this make them a monopoly?
Go get 'em Sam Adams!

Edit: Oh and the computer was free. I had a faulty G5 and I yelled loud enough and they gave me a MacPro free.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
vta;3264405 said:
It came with the computer.

I should also alert you to this: Autodesk bought up superior competitors in Maya and Softimage; they are lax about their updates on those products, while giving preferential treatment to their own inferior 3DS.

Wouldn't this make them a monopoly?
I suppose, though usually purchases like that get scrutinized by the government. Maybe the segment was small enough that it didn't.

vta;3264405 said:
Go get 'em Sam Adams!

I prefer to think of myself as George Washington. :laugh2:

washington.jpg

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
nyc;3264387 said:
What makes me any different than our founding fathers? The fact that I didn't take up a gun and shoot someone cause I didn't like what they were doing? I'm an American fighting for something I believe in just like they did.

Come on.

You have to look at the cause that your standing against and the implications that are associated with it. You're fighting against Steve Jobs, a man who runs a company whose products you can choose to buy or not buy. The founding fathers were fighting against British imperialism, a force they were subjected to.

It's completely different, even in principle. One fight entails voluntarily subjecting yourself to the power of a company, and the other was a matter of forcibly being exploited.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
nyc;3264410 said:
I suppose, though usually purchases like that get scrutinized by the government. Maybe the segment was small enough that it didn't.

I prefer to think of myself as George Washington. :laugh2:

Size shouldn't matter, wrong is wrong and Autodesk is pretty rotten for doing that.

I think George had better teeth.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
vta;3264413 said:
Size shouldn't matter, wrong is wrong and Autodesk is pretty rotten for doing that.

I think George had better teeth.

You have no idea how many times I've tried using that same line.
:eek::

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
masomenos85;3264411 said:
Come on.

You have to look at the cause that your standing against and the implications that are associated with it. You're fighting against Steve Jobs, a man who runs a company whose products you can choose to buy or not buy. The founding fathers were fighting against British imperialism, a force they were subjected to.

It's completely different, even in principle. One fight entails voluntarily subjecting yourself to the power of a company, and the other was a matter of forcibly being exploited.

"Germans bombed Pearl Harbor"?
"Leave him alone; he's on a roll".

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
masomenos85;3264416 said:
You have no idea how many times I've tried using that same line.
:eek::

Trust me, I knew it was coming. I really did.
:lmao2:

Myself; never had to utter those words before today.
Honestly. :D

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
masomenos85;3264431 said:
Aww, VTA, don't worry...someday you'll meet a girl.

:p:

:eek:

:lmao: :lmao:

I definitely didn't see that one coming.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;3264352 said:
Apple...OK.

Steve Jobs....Very Bad.

Per nyc

masomenos85;3264354 said:
Ha, I have no idea what the thread title means either.

No nose?

Cajuncowboy;3264355 said:
I tried to figure this thread out. My head now hurts.

Between the title and everything else, it's like Ray Charles putting a jigsaw puzzle together.

vta;3264358 said:
You're probably better off...

vta;3264359 said:
That's like saying water ok; wet, very bad.

ConcordCowboy;3264386 said:
I am still lost, but at least I got a laugh or two.

elfy

Reaction score
nyc;3264144 said:
If you don't like it don't freaking read it!

nyc;3264255 said:
If I own an iPhone, he decides what I can and cannot put on my iPhone.

Ummm.....the obvious answer would be, if you don't like it, don't freaking buy it.