Apples

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I think apples are without a doubt my favorite fruit. You can get so many tastes from the different types. For a long time Granny Smith's were my absolute favorite because they are so tart. Still the best for a pie ever and apple pie is...well, besides being American is just plain awesome.

About 3 years ago I was in a Safeway store here and I saw a type of apple I had never heard of. It was called Pacific Rose. They were quite big but just a little bit pricey.

Still I had to have one and I have been hooked ever since. Point blank, Pacific Rose apples are the best you will ever eat.

You know how apples are awful if they get mushy? These simply don't. I have not yet had one that wasn't crisp and firm and the taste just explodes in your mouth. So sweet and juicy. They almost taste like honey.

If you haven't tried one do yourself a favor and see if the Safeway near you has them I have not seen them in other grocery stores. In the summer when they are huge is when they are best.

I actually think I could eat nothing but these apples for a month and not get tired of them. Delicious.

Oh yeah, one last thing. Years ago a girl in one of my college classes wrote a story about apple soup. Anyone ever had it and if so, do you have a good recipe?

67CowboysFan

Reaction score
If it's not Granny Smith or Red Delicious I pass. I prefer pears, plums, grapefruit and nectarines. Problem is, finding quality fruit instead of something that has not been genetically engineered to be picked raw and sent across the country and not even resemble what the fruit is supposed to taste like.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
I love apples. Will check it out since there is a Safeway within walking distance of my house.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Only way I like apples is as applesause, and then it needs some cinamon or something. That, or if you'd count it, Apple Jacks before they did that "now with fiber" crap that took all the flavor away.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;3833527 said:
Only way I like apples is as applesause, and then it needs some cinamon or something. That, or if you'd count it, Apple Jacks before they did that "now with fiber" crap that took all the flavor away.

with a pork chop underneath it and some grilled cheese and paprika on top

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
They are okay. I like a lot of fruits better. Mangos, pineapples, jackfruit, and many other tropical fruits.

Funny enough, my favorite pear (I'm not a fan of pears, but I looove this one) actually tastes a bit like apples and soooo sweet and juicy, and is very firm and crunchy:

Crunchy Chinese Pears (you can only usually find them asian/international market stores when they are in season):

crunchy-chinese-pear-over-white-background-thumb13145970.jpg

SC Cowboyfan

Reaction score
My favorite is the sugar apple (custard-apple) and also mangoes.
If you haven't tried a sugar apple, u don't know what your missing....:)

Edit: Tried to paste a pic but wouldn't work for some reason.

tko112204

Reaction score
daschoo;3833540 said:
with a pork chop underneath it and some grilled cheese and paprika on top

I will give you credit, you have incredibly creative ways to ruin good food.

;)

rash

Reaction score
SC Cowboyfan;3833564 said:
My favorite is the sugar apple (custard-apple) and also mangoes.
If you haven't tried a sugar apple, u don't know what your missing....:)

Edit: Tried to paste a pic but wouldn't work for some reason.

Sugar Apples! soooooooooooo good.

Hos what do you think of sugar apples?

btw, I'm eating a shap right now! ;)

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I take a Red Delicious in my lunch every day. That is my favorite fruit also but not my favorite pie.

rash

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;3833682 said:
I take a Red Delicious in my lunch every day. That is my favorite fruit also but not my favorite pie.

+1

a shap a day keeps the doc away

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Presidents of the United States of America seem to disagree with you

[youtube]1Cs8G_mY8jE[/youtube]

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
I have never liked apples, it's some thing about the texture. I love apple juice though.

pupulehaole

Reaction score
i live in Hawaii and we have fresh Lychee and its def my favorite fruit.

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
pupulehaole;3833756 said:
i live in Hawaii and we have fresh Lychee and its def my favorite fruit.

I love rambutans.

rambutan.jpg

and Mangosteen

Mangosteen-Fruit-Cut-Open.gif