Apples

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
jubal;3834205 said:
Where did you come across that?? Have to be a MOM and POP place,chains wouldn't touch it.
Especially Maple Mayo,where would you find something like that?

I live in Franklin County Vermont. The sign on the outskirts of the nearest town to me says " Welcome to St Albans, The Maple Capital of the World"

I spend a lot of time every spring hanging out in the sugar house watchng the sap boil and drinking beer.

Yea, this place is a locally owned restaurant/pub. I'm sure they make their own maple mayo.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Vtwin;3839650 said:
I live in Franklin County Vermont. The sign on the outskirts of the nearest town to me says " Welcome to St Albans, The Maple Capital of the World"

I spend a lot of time every spring hanging out in the sugar house watchng the sap boil and drinking beer.

Yea, this place is a locally owned restaurant/pub. I'm sure they make their own maple mayo.
All I know is that hamburger sounded amazing.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Thanks, Hos...that's great news. Will be great for the new apartment...housewarming apples haha.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
casmith07;3845022 said:
Hey Hos! What's up with the Pacific Roses!
I'll pick some up Monday when I swing by the Safeway and I'll get what we need to do this.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Hostile;3845025 said:
I'll pick some up Monday when I swing by the Safeway and I'll get what we need to do this.
I didn't make it by the store today. I'll do my best for tomorrow.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Those are good.

My favorite happens to be macoun apples.

Awesome. Small window of when they are available.

Being from central ny and having orchards all over apple varieties are in abundance.

Macouns are outstanding though.

reddyuta

Reaction score
my favorite is mangoes.Unfortunately most mangoes available were very generic.The Government has lifted ban on importing the mangoes from various countries.My favorite is Alphonso from India(widely available during the season).

fjones

Reaction score
Hos

this year has been a banner year for new types ( at least to me :) )

I recently tried,

The best - Raw just plain eating apple -> Ambroisa... sweet crisp, awesome apple.

A close second -> excellent for cooking also, Honey Crisp

Thrid but also an excellent apple -> Jonah Gold and Red Prince.

Try them all...

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
fjones;3847906 said:
Hos

this year has been a banner year for new types ( at least to me :) )

I recently tried,

The best - Raw just plain eating apple -> Ambroisa... sweet crisp, awesome apple.

A close second -> excellent for cooking also, Honey Crisp

Thrid but also an excellent apple -> Jonah Gold and Red Prince.

Try them all...

I had to wait until the last post, but I finally found mention of Honey Crisp. Easily my favorite and if you like apples, it is a must have.

I also tried Ambrosia for the first time this year and really enjoyed that as well.

Fuji and Gala are good too.

All put Red Delicious to shame.